Starting the end of May, after Maynia, I've been stitching the free monthly Ellen Maurer Stroh (EMS) Flowers. They are all going to be stitched on 32-count Platinum Linen, using DMC floss. So, here are the first four...
May's Flower is Lily of the Valley...
June's Flower is 'June Wild Rose'
And July is 'Larkspur' while August is 'Gladiolas" . I may start finishing them soon, so I don't get overwhelmed when ALL TWELVE are awaiting finishing!
This is how far I have progressed on Lae Elizabeth by Jan Houtman. Love this one! It is on my first set of Rolaframes (thank you Vonna for the recommendation and the tutorial on how to load them!!) that I LOVE! They fit in my stand that has been in a corner for quite a few years... so that makes me want to stitch it more!! I have a SECOND set of Rolaframes for my first 'full coverage' piece, that is going to be shown in the next blogpost, cause I haven't started it yet!
Finish-finished the LHN Summer Band Sampler, but needs a little tweaking.
And the Spring (and Autumn, when stitched!) will be interchanged in that same frame, using different backing fabrics. This yellow seersucker Gingham will be what Spring will be paired with, NEXT year!
And Surprise! I was just not enjoying this Maynia project, so... I changed it up! Brighter fabric, and brighter thread. Unconventional but I like it!! I had this thrift store frame that worked for it, but it was a much darker brown color... So... my husband refinished and restained it... Perfect!
This is called Lighthouse by Bent Creek. Been in my stash for MANY years! Was seeing it on Pam and Steph's wall behind them, in their Flosstube videos (justkeepstitchin channel) and telling myself to pull it out and stitch it! So I did! This is another thrifted frame, that was a lovely green color... sprayed it blue and dinged it up a bit. Love it!
Finished stitching this one yesterday... I started it late Friday night... a quick stitch. It is called "Sunshine on a Stem" by Hands on Designs. I basically followed the colors, but used threads from my stash. It is so very cute!!
Now comes some finishes... Not many yet... had a few fails... reworking them...
My stitching buddy stitched this elephant for a family member. This metal tray was the perfect size for my finishing idea! Sprayed it with grey chalk paint, attached magnets to the back of the stitching, and put gathered lace around the edge. It is very cute!
Made a square pincushion and stitched it together a bit ago. It is a secret piece...
There is a LOT of stitching in that piece!
This is also a secret piece, traveling with the pincushion above. I will be making it into a flatfold with the fabric shown....
So far, I laced this piece. Still needs a trim of some kind, and the metal pieces on the back to attach it to this wood hanger which has magnets already. But... did I mention that it has been RAINING so much lately, (97% of the time for the past six weeks at least!!), so the lighting is horrible. Not at all conducive to much finishing work. I have an OTT light, so I can at least stitch!
Lastly, this WIP is for my oldest daughter. She (and all of us girls!) LOVES the movie, "Princess Bride' and this is a favorite line from it. She loves the color orange, so I dyed a piece of 22-count aida, then picked a DMC that would not look black, and would stand out on it. Peacock Blue (807) DMC it is! Note to self: Don't dye anymore 22-count... it is sooooo tiny and sorta hard to see! :/
That's it for now! Thanks for visiting!