Monday, November 13, 2017

November stitching and finishes so far...

Thought I would do a quick blogpost to show the finishes I have done and the finishing I have done. I intend to do more... of course! So, without further ado... let's begin!

First are finishes... I started the LK Holly & Hearts Sampler last month, and finished Part One last week. It went quickly... and here is a snap... Of course I have now done more, but I am not getting pictures today... it is quite dark. I count it as a separate finish.


Then I felt like doing some smalls...ornaments, etc... and finished two ornaments-to-be and one more Autumn small...



This is by Little House Needleworks, called Quaker Birds. I didn't stitch the entire design... didn't need the flourish or date on it... I used a random scrap of blue Aida fabric... 


 This is also by Little House Needleworks, called Tweet appropriately! Used a scrap of the French Vanilla by R&R that I am doing the LK Holly & Hearts on...


 And this is by Heart In Hand... can you guess the name of it?? :)  Again, used another scrap from the French Vanilla remnant. 

 Made this little one into a flat stand-up (I really don't know what it is called!). Used a really cute Autumn fabric on the back, and some rick rack I had dyed last summer... which works perfectly!

 After doing the layered finish for my Buddy's piece, I just HAD to do one for my own work! And this is what I came up with... The backing fabric is PERFECT, having the teal and orange colors in it! A funny story about doing the magnets... I measured where they should go, then glued them both and placed them. About two minutes later, I heard a 'click'... I briefly thought 'What was that?' and then went over to the board, and sure enough... the magnets had pulled themselves together!! Pretty strong!! I had a good laugh with that... and re-did them, putting something in between them to be sure they didn't slip again! It is hanging in my kitchen... Love it!



And I liked doing that finish so MUCH, I made Pumpkin Cottage a layered finish too! And I made sure to put something between those magnets!


This has been laced... but I admit... I still have to glue on a backing sheet. I promise I will do that after I finish blogging! Sure love the gold frame...


 And Daisy has been laced too... same stopping point, which will be remedied today. I really love this piece... Even tho it was a pain to stitch! Came out beautifully! Can't wait to hang it up!

So, that's it for today...Gotta do my Birding Blog next... But... before I go... Have another little story for you... I was looking in my framing stash for a frame, and picked up the smaller one from when we went to Maryland this summer. I had not yet removed the glass and picture, so thought I would do that while it was in my sights.... This was the picture inside the frame.

Typical print. But I thought it had cardboard behind it, because it felt 'thick'. So, I investigated, and found not one, but TWO photos behind this print! Huh?!?! Who does that?!? I feel so sad for this... someone didn't want the pictures?? Well, on the extremely OFF chance that someone knows this person... I am sharing the pictures. Nice looking young man... If you also feel sad, and wish to spread the pictures around, either grab them from here or I can send a copy to you. What are the chances of locating him? Who knows...


Well, that is all I have for today! Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,

Maggee

13 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Maggee, what a great assortment of finishes and finished finishes you shared! I really like your layered look finished items. I stitched Quaker Birds back in October. Thinking about stitching it again as a monochrome!

Barb said...

You have done a great job of finishing. I love all the layered pieces. I really need to try that method of finishing. I wonder if you will find out any thing about that nice looking young man!!

Kay said...

You have been busy. I particularly like the pumpkin cottage design. x

butterfly said...


Wonderful stitching and finishes.

Brigitte said...

This is really a whole lot of finishes that you show here, Maggee. I love the huge pumpkin by Heart in Hand, but the mae? Maybe something with the word pumpkin, lol.
Great finishing techniques that you used for your autumn pieces. The yellow rick rack is perfect around the piece with the little yellow bird (is it a Snowblower Diaries one?). And the layered finishes turned out absolutely great. Had already admired it when you showed it for the first time. I also love the framed pieces.

Vickie said...

Holy smokes! You are on a roll woman! Good for you. :D You have excellent frames. It is sad about the young man. I always feel sad about things I see for sale at thrift shops.

Katie said...

Wow so many beautiful pieces. I love the layered finish technique. Perfect! That's very sad about the photos.

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful finishes Maggee. Your framing is outstanding. They look great.

Linda

Justine said...

Wow you have been busy! So many beautiful finishes! I love the Autumn one with the yellow ricrac and those layered finishes....perfect.

So sad about the young man in the photo. Could a local newspaper help locate him?

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching and finishing, especially those layered pieces.

Beth said...

Where to begin...Hey There Pumpkin finish is just perfect As is Pumpkin Cottage! I've stitched Count Your Many Blessings. Like the bright yellow bird too.

Lillie said...

Wow! what a feast for the eyes. Every piece beautifully stitched

Carol said...

Goodness, Maggee--do you ever sleep?! I am in awe of the number of finishes you've created recently! Really love them all, but your Pumpkin Cottage finish is especially adorable.

And the blue bird piece--what is the name/designer of that one? My new DIL has a thing for blue and birds so I'm always on the lookout for possible charts she would like! They desperately need some art (or anything!) on their bare wall in California!! Ha ha!