First I finished Red Border Study II... I loved doing this, with all the different borders/bands... until the bottom. It called for my initials on the right side, which I took care of in the top alphabet. So I figured I would just duplicate the little design on that side too, and probably have room in the middle for a little something... Except the space in the middle wouldn't work for anything I tried, so I just gave up and put a nice red button there! Good enough! I hope to have it framed just like the first one, and then they will be put side-by-side... :)
This is a piece by Nan Lewis of Threadwork Primitives, one of the club pieces that I tried with Dyeing to Stitch that first year. Yes, it has been languishing that long! It is called Holiday Patchwork. It stitched up pretty quickly... I have a frame all ready for it...
This is a small piece by Lizzie Kate. Love it! I also have a small frame for this one!
And this is by Country Cottage Needleworks. Technically, I finished it last night... but... if it wasn't for the fact that I lost a few hours of stitching time, by taking care of my granddaughter, it WOULD have been a September finish... so I am counting it!! It turned out to be a bear for some reason, when I got to the wording... I frogged it over and over and over. I thought perhaps the fabric was uneven...it is 32-count Raw linen, and it is possible...I guess. Whatever... I finally adjusted everywhere and got it done! Dang! I also have a frame for this one, but think I will distress it first.
Next on my To-do list is going to be lots of finishing... I just have to start! I took a tiny step today and finished framing a piece (well, I still have to attach the hanger on the back). It is an older piece, called Sachet, by a blogging friend, Marc Davis, who has since passed away. This is just ONE row of the piece (it was a BAP)... I got bored and called it quits. Then I had the perfect frame in my stash! Cool! One down!
Thanks for visiting!