Monday, July 31, 2017

End of July and two finishes!

I really thought I would have more stitched this month, but... one thing or another interferred with my plans. Note to self: Don't bother making plans!!

Anyway, I have two finishes to share! One is a WIP... finally done! And one was a new one!

First is the WIP. It is Merry Christmas Ornaments by Country Cottage Needleworks. I don't know what specifically made me drag my heels on stitching this one for sooooo long, but... glad it is done! I may do a tiny little stitch on some of those straight stitches but... It will be framed and gifted. Stitched on R&R Old Mill Java, 36-count, 2 over two... that may be why I didn't enjoy the stitching... next time, one thread with 36-count!!



And then the new start, and finish... Willie's Quaker #7, by Monasterium? From an old digital issue of The Gift of Stitching. Again, it is unusual... I used a variegated thread by Hand Dyed Fibers called Examplar Autumn from Vicki Clayton (she no longer offers these threads), stitched on 36-count R&R Foggy Bottom fabric, ONE over two! It will be framed and I will hang it by the other Willie's Quaker that I did and love also (the one with the numbers across the middle)! I love the motifs, but sometimes I want to just surprise people with my stitching! :)


I took out a few, new, kitted projects to think about doing, and one WIP for August stitching. Who knows? I DEFINITELY want to do some finishing in August. Gads... there's a lot to be done! And I am ready! So, look forward to seeing a report in August! Maybe... :)

Till next time,


Hugs,

Maggee

16 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finishes, Maggee! I like them both, but I really like the Quaker one.

Denise said...

Not sure about you, but how did it get to be August already? This year is FLYING! Love your finishes! Congrats!

Katie said...

Wohoo Congrats on the beautiful finishes.

Barb said...

Lovely stitching Maggee. I just love the Quaker one!

Justine said...

Two beautiful finishes Maggee. I love the Foggy Bottom fabric! Nice to see you blogging again my friend.

butterfly said...


Well done on your stitching your WIPs look wonderful.

Vickie said...

Good for you! I love the Christmas one. Such nice colors for a change. :D

Vicki said...

Both finishes look terrific! It's always such a relief to finish a project that has been sitting in the pile for awhile, isn't it?

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Congratulations on your finishes! They both look quite lovely. You do beautiful stitching. Happy stitching! --Andrea

Andrea said...

Both are wonderful finishes. Looking forward to your August stitching.

Brigitte said...

Two finishes, Maggee, congratulations. And I must say that I *love* the Quaker finish. You chose a wonderful thread for it. I also have The Gift of Stitching but rarely ever stitch anything from it although it has such great designs. It's time to browse through some of the issues again.

Tiffstitch said...

Great finishes! I'm so sorry I hadn't heard about HDF before she stopped making them. That's a beautiful one.

Astrids dragon said...

Isn't it a great feeling to have a finish?! And you had two!
They both look wonderful, I love the colours in both.

Carol said...

Both of your finishes are so pretty, Maggee! Lovely colors in the HDF stitched autumn design. Sure wish she still offered those beautiful threads. I just used a blue of hers for the first time and absolutely loved it!

Hope your August is off to a great start!

Beth said...

Nice stitching Maggee!

Meari said...

Both turned out nice!