Monday, January 2, 2017

Last of the stitching and End of 2016 Tally and ...

I have two finishes to share, a WIP, then the year-end tally and a NEW project! So let's get busy!

First, I wanted to stitch a small ornament, but didn't want a lot to do, so found this one... It is a freebie by my dear friend Gaynor French (stitchersanon), and it went quickly! Just what I needed! Obviously finishing will be this year, even tho it was finished LAST year! Sigh...

This is by Plum Pudding Needleart, and I will say the name of it is Peace on Earth, but for the life of me, I cannot locate the pattern to verify that! Done on a piece of fabric gifted to me by Gaynor, interestingly enough!! Given to my stitching buddy Sheryl for Christmas...She and I both love purple... Don't those sparkles make it pop?? I used a variegated thread, but... again, cannot locate that either...

This is a WIP that I was stitching with a friend as a SAL. She finished hers a while ago... but I think I will finish stitching mine this week, and then I will finish it and stuff it... It is pretty cute. Called Pomegranate Pin Cushion, by Hands on Designs, that I won in a giveaway by Vickie!

So, I did a count of my finishes for 2016, and surprised myself again... I came up with about 46 finishes! Last year it was 44... so that surprised me even more! No BAPS, a few medium sized pieces, and a lot of smalls. Yay!

I know with a New Year, we are supposed to be making our resolutions for stitching...like what WIPs we will finish, what new starts we will begin, what SALs we will join. I am just not there yet! So, NO PROMISES!! Of course, I would like to finish off my WIPs I showed you... but... I saw a design and just HAD to get it!!

Maybe you will understand now... It's a Cardinal BIRD!! I love birds, and Cardinals at this time of the year are so beautiful! Just look at the picture I got of one today!!


However... I cannot decide which fabric to use...

This is the called-for fabric, called Sand by PTP.

But this is Earthen also by PTP... and I think it has more 'warm' tones in it, like the picture. But... is it too 'warm'? That is what I have to decide... And since I am nearly done with the Pomegranate piece, I must make my decision soon!

That's it for now!

(A little Cross Stitching humor snatched from Facebook!)


Happy New Year Hugs,

Maggee

14 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I think the Plum Pudding design is called Christmas Sampler in Red. It is gorgeous with the fabric and fibers you used. Someone stitched it for me in an exchange and I leave it hanging up all year. I look forward to seeing your progress on the cardinal piece. Who is the designer, Maggee? I like the Sand fabric. You might want to put a few stitches (using the red floss) along the edge to see which one you like better. Congratulations on your finishes!

Brigitte said...

Great end of the year stitching. I particularly love what you are stitching on the red fabric - looks gorgeous.
I can easily see why you just had to get that new design, such a lovely cardinal. I love cardinals too and whenever I see a nice cardinal chart It is added to my wish list :) This one will be a lot of fun to stitch for you.
Happy New Year!

Vickie said...

Oh that Peace On Earth cardinal is really cool!

Andrea said...

Wonderful finishes. I do like the design of the cardinal and your photo of course.

Happy New Year.

Katie said...

Love your two finishes. Sometimes those little finishes are so needed. Your WIP is too beautiful as well. Love the fabric color. I'm so not surprised with your new piece haha. The cardinal is beautiful!! Can't wait to watch it grow. I think either piece of fabric will look gorgeous so pick whichever one you want the most. LOL The pic Facebook is too funny.

Beth said...

A productive stitching year Maggee! I love your latest cardinal stitch. I'd be too scared to change from the suggested fabric, but I am full of self-doubt that way.

Barb said...

You have sonme some very pretty stitching. I can see how the new design caught your attention. Can you believe that there are no cardinals in Western Wa?? I have always live where you could enjoy those beautiful birds, I miss seeing them.

Astrids dragon said...

Both your finishes look great, love the purple!
I like the Sand fabric better, I think the red would stand out better.
I love seeing Cardinals in the winter, you got a great picture!

Vicki said...

The photo of the cardinal was beautiful - we don't have cardinals in Phoenix. I haven't seen one in person since I left Kansas 38 years ago! I think I like the Sandy fabric, but it's so hard to tell on a computer screen. Hard to get a true color. Happy New Year!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I'm catching up on blog reading today. Loved this post. That cardinal! Swoon! They are my favorites right behind flamingoes but I don't ever see those in my back yard. LOL! I hope your 2017 is wonderful. Hugs!

Carol said...

Sounds like a very productive year for you, Maggee!! I do love that cardinal sampler, too, and plan on stitching just the cardinal as an ornament this year :) Great minds think alike!!

I think Robin's suggestion of trying a few of the red fibers on each piece of fabric might help you make a decision :) Have fun!!

Wishing you all the best in this new year...

Heather said...

Ooo I think it'd be pretty on Earthen! Good luck deciding!

Justine said...

What a great stitching year you had Maggee! I love the piece you stitched for Sheryl, the colours are so pretty and unusual for a Christmas stitch. I think your cardinals are beautiful. Of the two fabrics I prefer the Sand (only slightly) but it's difficult to tell on a screen and I think Robin's suggestion of trying a few stitches is a great one. Happy stitching Maggee!

Sally said...

Your finishes are gorgeous. Love the Peace on Earth one. It is so pretty.

Nice WIP too.

Oh boy your new stash is beautiful! I'm not surprised you had to have it.I like the Earthen fabric. Have you decided yet?