Monday, July 11, 2016

A Finishing post...

Hello again! Did a bunch of finishes this past weekend, and thought I would share... I still have more to do... these were the easy ones! Without further ado...

Remember this Glory Bee freebie? I wanted it to be cheery...

I think I accomplished that!

This little Lizzie Kate piece got framed!

I love pink!

This little Lizzie Kate piece fit perfectly in this adorable metal stand that I found at a thrift store! Love love love it! I didn't take a snap of the back, but I glued a lovely piece of scrapbook paper back there, to cover the back's finishing

On the Bent Creek Bluebird Zipper piece, I tried a finish that I have seen numerous times, then dyed the rick rack to match the beak! Came out good!

My Just Nan Bluebird Sampler got a real pretty finish... This fabric was a perfect match, then I had the perfect green ribbon... and since there were a few beads in the piece I thought more along the edges would be pretty... so... there you go...
the back and side views...

and a closeup of the beading... found the perfect color beads, and used blue pins to secure them!

Liberty from Lizzie Kate got a simple cube finish...

a nice, modern patriotic fabric....

And another patriotic for next year--Bent Creek? I forget... already...

I like the look of this one...

This one is really tiny... just made a little filled pillow.

and the back...

On to Christmas... we can say I am early!! Really love this Reindeer--it is really cute! Just a pillow finish... filled with crushed walnut shells...

A cute, whimsical fabric on the back.

This is a Lizzie Kate finish, done last year ...
and the back... (can you tell I am getting bored of finishing?? I am repeating fabrics, rather than digging into my stash... ALTHOUGH, they DO go well... I really should finish as I go...)
This is Cromwell the snowman, by Trilogy (??)... done last year too...
And the back...
A modern tree ornament...The silver threads got kinds smashed when I ironed this one... fabric was REALLY wrinkled and stiff... hard to work with it.

And the back...

THIS is a piece by Erica Michaels that I just stitched last week... Haven't thought about a finish, yet! Really love it though...

I am working on another new piece, then I will pull out a WIP or two... do some working on them! Which one to do tho...I won't think about that right now...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Hugs,

Maggee

21 comments:

marly said...

Oh that Erica piece is soft but stunning. The fabric on Sow Seeds couldn't be more perfect. Love the America pillow too. You're getting a lot finished!

Denise said...

Wow! What a weekend! Wish all my weekends could be so fruitful. Beautiful f8nishes.

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow, wow, wow! What a wonderful assortment of finished finishes, Maggee! Who is the God Bless America one by? Your eye for trims and finishing fabrics is spot on for each one of these projects.

Linda said...

All lovely finishes Maggee.

Linda

Vickie said...

Hoooeee!! You got a LOT done my friend. Good for you. :D Love the Sow Seeds finish. Bluebirds Sampler is wonderful. The EM piece is gorgeous Maggee. That one is worthy of framing!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a great assortment of wonderfully finished pieces, Maggee! I love all the fun backing fabrics you used.

Katie said...

Wow love them all!!! I wish I could finish things this beautiful. Great job.

Tiffstitch said...

That is a ton of wonderful finishes! When are you coming to my house? ;) They're very inspiring and I need to do this with several of mine. Thanks for the ideas.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

You go girl! Lovely eye candy. I seriously need to have a finishing day myself. Thanks for sharing and have a good week. Hugs!

Vicki said...

Wow, you've been busy! All of your finishes look terrific. I really like that Erica Michaels piece. I may have to purchase it for myself...

Heather said...

Wow lots of great finished! I love the fabrics you chose they go great :). And repeating fabrics just means they match ::D

Barb said...

Wow! I am so impressed with the finishes! Good for you for dying the ric-rac yourself. It turned out great!

Beth said...

Wonderful wonderful wonderful finishes - I am in awe of your talent Maggee!

Brigitte said...

Oh my gosh, what a post. There comes one finish after the other, and all of them are so neat and perfectly made. I love these cube finishes, they are really very versatile as you can place them wherever you want to without needing a stand or something. Great job, Maggee.

Carol said...

Wow! Maggee--do you ever sleep?! I am so impressed that you got so many things finished--and beautifully, too! I'd say you really have those cube finishes down to an art--and your little finish with the ric rak looks great, too... How did you dye the ric rak?

I think my favorite is the Just Nan Bluebird Sampler--so lovely :)

I need to take lessons from you in speed finishing--I am just so, so slow!!

Enjoy your evening :)

Karen said...

Goodness...you have used your time wisely. Love all your finishes and that last stitched piece is gorgeous. Happy stitching....

Anna van Schurman said...

So many wonderful finishes! I think my fave is the Just Nan. Nicely done.

Andrea said...

Wow, you have accomplished such a lot of finishes. They are fantastic!

Justine said...

Beautiful finishes - all of them! I do love your cubes, they are so neat and perfectly done. Your Erica Michaels stitch is just lovely. Great work!

Susan said...

Good Morning, I just came across your blog and love all of your new finishes! Especially love the cubes. By any chance do you have directions for making these?
Thanks, Susan in NC

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

More amazing finishes. I love the no-sew cubes, I have a batch of those to make up before Hallowe'en this year. And then a batch for Christmas too!

The thrift store metal frame is just perfect for the design too. That was a lucky find.