Sunday, April 10, 2016

Forgot to update on Family...

Well, things are not entirely better in my daughter's family... but... there have been changes. Their middle daughter DID have the appendectomy, and it was determined that she had been having Chronic Appendicitis after all, by all the scar tissue they had to remove! The surgeon was amazed... she had never seen that before! No signs of endometriosis, and she is on the mend. I went down there to stay a few days, as my son-in-law had to go to a two week training! The other girls seemed to be doing better also... Oldest was proud to show me the scars on her wrist... ick! Youngest... well, she is big hormonal, so... you can guess the rest! Like a seesaw... And last, but not least, son-in-law's father was found to have a tumor on his pancreas, and had to travel from Montana to Denver for the surgery. This was during the time of the granddaughter's surgery...(With the surgery, he would live another 1-2 years; without... 6 months) We heard he went through it okay, but that was it. It has been two weeks, and we just heard that he has an infection either on a cyst or in a cyst and needed to have more surgery. Don't know if he was still in Denver or back home... Have heard nothing more. So, if you are a praying stitcher, please pray that he gets the care needed, and also pray for my son-in-law, as this is really hard for him... He loves his Dad dearly. But he has the same tendency to withdraw to himself in times of trials...

Thanks so much!

Hugs,

Maggee

15 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Maggee, thank you for the update on the granddaughters. I have been thinking and praying for them. I will add the father of your son-in-law to my prayers. Thinking of you!

Vickie said...

I am praying Maggee. Oh yes, NEVER give up!

Barb said...

You all have had a very rough time! I will keep you in my prayers.

Justine said...

Trying times for your extended family Maggee. I will remember you all in my prayers.

Brigitte said...

So good to know that your granddaughter's surgery went well and she is on the mend. And even better to know that she is not having endometriosis which always causes so much pain.
I'll be thinking of your daughter's FIL.

marly said...

Sounds like the girls are mending nicely, so sorry for SIL's dad. Keep us posted.

Carol said...

I have never heard of chronic appendictis before, Maggee! Sounds very scary, but how good to know she is on the mend and doesn't have to deal with enodmetriosis forever... It just seems like it's been one thing after another for your family over the past year with medical issues... I'm sure you're very thankful for your strong faith at times like these... Sending a hug!

Katie said...

Will keep them in my thoughts. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the good news at least.

Kaisievic said...

Still sending prayers and well-wishes to your family. So glad to hear that there is some good news on your granddaughter front.

Penny said...

Glad to hear there have been some positive changes. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Heather said...

Good thoughts coming your way!

Brenda said...

I can definitely be praying for him!!!

Tiffstitch said...

Oh dear. I'm glad things are better on the whole, and I sincerely hope things continue to climb slowly up toward "normal".

Lillie said...

Good news on your granddaughter's surgery. Wishing her a speedy recovery. Take care!

Jeanne said...

I hope everyone continues to improve and life gets better for the whole family. Sending you positive thoughts and hugs from our stitching community!