Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Updates...

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your prayers and kind thoughts about my daughter's family and all their medical issues. Where to begin? Well, the oldest had the pins removed from her wrist, was put on heavy antibiotics, new cast and sent on her way. She seems to be doing okay. Still has some pain, but she DID have surgery! Middle grand had an endoscopy and colonoscopy after spending a few days in lots of pain at the hospital. The doctor said he saw nothing notable, and that if that happened, he suspects it is chronic appendicitis (as was suggested FOUR years ago, when this began happening!!), so he was going to recommend a laparoscopic appendectomy to stop the madness. However, have heard nothing further, so my daughter is going to call about it again tomorrow. They have a follow-up appointment in four weeks, which is NOT acceptable. Gee whiz! Youngest daughter has been doing okay... As long as she keeps herself well hydrated, this will not happen again. Because of her brain surgery last year, things can go downhill very quickly. And being a typical teenager, when she gets stressed, she tends to skip eating and drinking fluids... I bet that sounds familiar to many of you! My daughter is so exhausted. I get stressed just thinking about how it is for her/them! So, continued prayers appreciated, and I will keep updating as I know anything worth sharing!



I have been stitching, and find that I have several finishes to show you! But, I still have to format the pictures and such, so it will be up tomorrow! February just FLEW by!! I look forward to Spring, and warmer weather!! It cheers me! (Definitely have SADD tendencies!)

I shall post again tomorrow!

Hugs,

Maggee

16 comments:

Heather said...

I hope things get better for them! And that mom can get a massage or spa day :)

Jeanne said...

Very sorry to hear of all these issues with your family's health Maggee. You don't expect so much to go wrong at those young ages. Hoping things start to improve soon, it must be very stressful for your daughter and her husband. Sending you blessings.

Barb said...

I am so happy to hear that for the most part, your family is doing better. It must be very stressful for all of you.

marly said...

Thanks for the update. Glad nothing more serious was found in those scopes. Hope healing continues!

Beth said...

Thinking of you and your family Maggee. So many worries.

Lillie said...

My thoughts and prayer to you and the children. Wishing them a speedy recovery.

cucki said...

Sending lots of love and big hugs x

Vickie said...

Oh boy! Thank you for the update. I am praying my friend.♥

Justine said...

Continued prayers for your family Maggee. What a lot of stress and worry for you all. Thinking of you.

Katie said...

I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts. So sorry for all the health issues. Sounds like there were some good news mixed in. It will be better when everyone is healthy.

Carol said...

Thanks for letting us know the latest, Maggee... You've had so much to worry about over this past year. I do hope the rest of 2016 brings health for you and your family. Sending you a BIG hug ♥

Robin in Virginia said...

Maggee, thank you for the update. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Angela said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon :)

Penny said...

Praying for you and your family, Maggee. What a scary time it must be and so frustrating to deal with doctors sometimes.

Brigitte said...

I hope that the health situation of your granddaughters has improved in the meantime. Nothing worse than when your kids or grandkids are ill.

Kaisievic said...

Glad to hear that things are going better for all of your grandies but it would be so nice for you all if they could all get a full clean bill of health - praying for them. xoxoxx