Thursday, March 10, 2016

The other finishes... so far...

I am blogging FIRST THING today, cause I never know what the day will bring when I have no FIRM plans! Justine received her Birthday package, so I can show those stitchy presents...

So, this was my first Ort Catcher that I made with the sewing machine all the way. (My very first one was the project I was doing when my sewing machine quit!) The stitched piece is called Winter Bird by Heart in Hand... and the Biscornu was a freebie called Spring by Angie Designer that I have had for a while (2010!!)...

back view...

I have not stitched a biscornu in quite a while... I really enjoyed it! The button was from my collection I inherited from my mother, and it matched so perfectly!

side view...

I do hate it when the button falls out of place when adding it, but... it works... Really loved the flowers in this biscornu!

In the past week, I have stitched a few smalls...

A freebie from Primitive Hare...

The back, in reverse... Stitched together by hand, like a biscornu, cause I wanted that line of green between the two parts...

This is another little freebie I got from a magazine... It sure didn't come out right, but I still like it. May end up finished... we shall see...My collection of St. Patrick's Day pieces is woefully lacking.

This little design is a bonus pattern from the Lizzie Kate Boxer that had Spread the Love of God... cute...

Of course, these pieces will require additional finishing... I am pondering that now... stay tuned!

Well, that's it for now... Off to begin formatting about 300 pictures of birds from a trip we took yesterday to Sylvan Heights Bird Park in Scotland Neck, NC. What a GREAT place! Wow! Wow! Check my birding blog (link is on my sidebar)later this week...

Hugs,

Maggee

24 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely gifts you created for Justine! I like your Slan piece and how you stitched the front and back. Very cool, Maggee! A Slice of Blarney looks good as does the Sow Seeds of Love piece. I look forward to seeing how you finish them.

Glad you had a good birding adventure!

Vickie said...

What cute gifts you gave. Yay! You got the St. Patrick's Day pieces stitched. I am sure you enjoyed the bird park very much! :D

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Really sweet finishes! What a happy girl your friend must have been!

Katie said...

Oh what adorable gifts you sent. I love the biscornu. You're right the button is perfect! Love your Irish pillow. Too perfect!! Love your other 2 finishes too. Congrats!!

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on your wonderful finishes!!

Barb said...

That biscornu is so pretty! The buttons really set it off.

Heather said...

Awesome finishes and so many! Great job :)

ORANGE s said...

Lovely stitching. It's the Little things that makes life Big. Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

Amy said...

Those are such lovely gifts! You did a beautiful job with both the stitching and finishing. I really like your March/spring pieces too!

Blu said...

What gorgeous stitching!

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful finishes Maggee.

Linda

Lillie said...

Look like you've been busy finishing all these lovelies and you finished it beautifully.

Carol said...

I'm so impressed with all you've been accomplishing this year, Maggee! And I love the Winter bird you stitched for Justine. Need to maybe do that one for my snowman themed ornaments this year :)

Beth said...

Enjoyed seeing everything you've stitched and finished.

Andrea said...

Beautiful gifts. You have stitched some wonderful designs too.

Justine said...

Thank you again Maggee for the lovely gifts you sent - I was completely spoiled by you! I didn't realise the button on the biscornu was one of your mother's and I will treasure it even more now I know. You were right - it is the perfect match. Thank you again my dear stitching twin!
Love your new smalls as well - especially the Slan piece in reverse colourways.

Brigitte said...

I love the little gifts that you made for Justine's birthday. Lovely to receive such a package.
And so nice your smalls, particularly the two shamrock ones just in reverse colours.

Lainey said...

Congrats on such lovely finishes!

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Todos muy lindos.
Me encanta el punto cruz, aunque hace tiempo que no lo hago.
Saludos
Maru

Kaisievic said...

Maggee, some gorgeous pieces here - I love the way you stitched the Slan design both ways.

Joysze said...

Lovely gifts!!!! Every single one looks so special!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Maggee, these are all lovely gifts. Your stitch work is just beautiful. Have a happy day!

Sally said...

Lots of lovely stitching Maggee. Love what you stitched for Justine.

Sheryl S. said...

Pretty stitching. Love the biscornu