Thursday, February 4, 2016

A couple of more finishes...

Well, got a few finishes done, plus a bit of finishing... For February, besides doing another LHN Sheep Virtues this month, I haven't decided what else to start or continue... Decisions, decisions... Here are three projects I can show you (one is a present so gotta wait):

This was a Blue Ribbon Designs piece, made for my stitching buddy, Sheryl, whose birthday is two days after mine! Finished as a flat finish, with beaded rick rack that I had dyed a while back.

And purple backing, as she also likes purple!

Then there is Snow Days by Glory Bee Designs. Since we had snow recently, it put me in the mood to stitch a snowman...

Made it into a cube finish, to go with last year's Winter cube. I used wool from a shirt that no longer fit my son... NOTHING gets thrown out until I check it out first!

Just finished this last night! The LAST of the seasons in this set... Spring Sampler by Little House Needleworks.

I did the finishing on this cute little ornament for Sheryl...

HAD to use the penguin fabby, as it matched and is one of the animals Sheryl loves the most. This is for her grandniece.

These have been hanging around to be finished for quite a while...Filled with crushed shells, made into simple pillows...

Backs...

I even worked on this Snow WIP... it is a difficult one for me to follow... have to take it in small bites. Perhaps I should have reversed it, and done the white on blue fabric!! Ah well, you know what they say about hindsight... I will finish it...eventually!

I was the lucky recipient of a giveaway by Clare-Aimetu recently... won the Earth Sampler by Primitive Needle! I have wanted to do that one for quite a while... meaning years!


Of course, I could have acted on that, but I never did buy the pattern. Now it is here, waiting for my needle!! Thanks again Clare!

That's it for now. I shall be back later this month with more progress photos.

Hugs,

Maggee

25 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the cute finishes Maggee.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Fantastic finishes! I need to work on finishing more as well. Lovely work on all of them. Nice progress too, and congrats on your win!

Amy said...

So many lovely pieces, and fantastic finishes!

Barb said...

Maggee, you have so much wonderful stitching and all the finishing is lovely. I just might need to try a cube, the one you made is great.

Heather said...

Congrats everything looks great! I love the flannel being from your sons shirt. I also love the snowman stitch it's adorable :)

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous finishes you shared, Maggee! I love how you recycled your son's shirt. Your WIP is looking good. Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

Blu said...

Your finishes look lovely!

butterfly said...

WOW what wonderful stitching and love all the lovely designs and finish .

Clare - Aimetu said...

Lovely finishing Maggee - so glad Earth Sampler arrived ok, I'm looking forward to seeing it grow :-)

cucki said...

Wow everything looking so sweet
Love the finishes xx

Maggie said...

Wow, what a lovely lot of finishes :-)
Love the idea of using up out worn clothes in your finishes, i never thought of doing that! Might save me a fortune in fabric!

Justine said...

What gorgeous stitching and finishing! I love how you repurposed your son's shirt to make a sweet cube.

Vickie said...

Wow! You have been busy! Sheryl's present is lovely.The colors on Spring Sampler are really nice. Congratulations on Earth Sampler. It is a really cute sampler.

Katie said...

Wow you've been busy busy!! Love them all!!! Enjoy your new pattern.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Maggee, a wonderful post. I couldn't believe my eyes - so many finishes and your definitely were on the roll with your finishing. Great accomplishment!

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

You sure have been busy! I love your finishes and HURRAY on your win :)

Sherry said...

I just LOVE all your finishes! The Spring Sampler really caught my eye since I am ready for Spring and warm weather!!!

Carol said...

You've had a very productive year so far, Maggee!! I have been very, very slow with my stitching this year--not sure what is wrong with me!

Really great stitching AND finishing :) That Spring Sampler is so sweet and I really love that chart you won from Claire--how adorable. Can't wait to see that one stitched up!

Vicki said...

Great finishes! My favorite is the first one as purple is my favorite color.

Beth said...

Wonderful stitching and finishes...and a very cool chart --- I think I may have it...somewhere...

Andrea said...

Lovely finishes. I do like the check shirt fabric you used.

Astrids dragon said...

The ALL look wonderful, I especially like the 1st Snowman one!

Marie said...

You have been busy. Congrats on so many beautiful finishes. The flat fold birthday gift is wonderful! Cute snowman cube and I love that you used your son's flannel shirt, great idea.
Great giveaway win..,that is always exciting.

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful finishes, Maggee, you have been so productive. Hard to pick a favourite but I would probably have to say the Blue Ribbon design finish - the blues are so lovely!

Kaisievic said...

Sorry, I meant the bluey purples!