Monday, January 18, 2016

A couple of finishes for January

These two pieces have been finished for a week or longer, but getting around to blogging... not so quick! So without further ado, while I have a minute, here they are:

This is a Lizzie Kate design that I just had to have! Used 36-count R&R Expresso I think, and DMC threads. Have not decided how I will finish it yet...

Little Sheep Virtues Hope (January) by Little House Needleworks. I will be finishing these as they are shown on the pattern, using fabric of my choice of course. Going to do one of these each month this year. I stitched this one on 32-count Raw Natural Linen, and will do the rest on the same fabric. Still deciding if I want to stitch them in their 'order' or as I please... stay tuned!

I am working on WIPs this year again, so when I make a little progress I will share... Whittling down the pile! I counted the ones I had in my cabinet and there were a total of 19! I have another cache of them in a container too... Yikes! I will work on it... promise! That's all for today! Stay warm if you are in the northern hemisphere, and enjoy the warmth those in the south!

Hugs,

Maggee

26 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Great finishes, Maggee! I think you should work on the sheep in whatever order you want. Looking forward to seeing your WIPs in upcoming blog posts. Stay warm!

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful finishes Maggee.

Linda

Loretta said...

Lovely finishes!

Vickie said...

Sweet work Maggee. It is currently 5ยบ here. yuck.

Sherry said...

Wonderful finishes! I love sheep in cross stitch. I have some fuzzy floss I want to try on some sheep sometime.

Amy said...

Those are both so cute. I especially like the LizzieKate, but I'm also a sucker for cross stitch sheep.

CalamityJr said...

Love these finishes! I, too, love sheep virtue designs, and that's a really cute L*K pattern.

Jackie said...

I have one big WIP I'd like to finish this year. Along with a couple of new ornaments and some finishes hanging over me from 2015. Whatever happens in 2016 it will be all good if I spend more time with the needle this year.

Barb said...

That is a very worthwhile goal. Both of the finishes are so pretty. I do love the sheep designs. I am trying to do a Santa from PS each month.

Katie said...

Beautiful pieces! Congrats on finishing them up.

Blu said...

Lovely finishes!

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching ...stay warm x

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I love BOTH of them...the top L*K I had to have it too...I got it and haven't put a stitch in it...
yours are both lovely!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely pieces. The Hope and lamb is my favorite. But, they are both lovely! Enjoy your day!

Vicki said...

They both look terrific, Maggee!

Heather said...

Congrats on the cute finishes! I'll send some of my warm weather your way we've been in the 60s mostly

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely finishes and good for you to work on your WIPs. I'm too busy creating more.

Sally said...

Gorgeous finishes Maggee! I just love that Lizzie Kate one but of course the LHN one is just so cute too.

Emma/Itzy said...

Two lovely finishes!

Brigitte said...

Great to see the two finishes you had. I particularly like the L*K one, so bright and colourful. A good plan to stitch on your WIPs this year, Maggee, and finish some of them. It's always a good feeling to finish a project that has spent a long time in a box :)

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

So pretty! I wish I had the patience to do such projects.. maybe one day ;)

Andrea said...

Wonderful finishes. The L*K one is so bright and cheery especially on these dark winter days.

Beth said...

Nice finishes Maggee. Hope you are safe and warm this weekend.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Congrats on your first finishes of 2016! They look great.

Kaisievic said...

The Lizzie Kate design is so sweet, I love it and I have finished Hope, too - great design. If I were you, I would stitch them in whatever order took my fancy!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Beautiful work :-)