Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Twas TEN DAYS until Christmas...

And I have been stitching and have a few finishes to show... Funny thing about this... I decided to double-check if I had anything else to share, so went thru my computer picture folders and found some ornaments that I totally forgot about!! I might not have given them to my granddaughters!! Phew!!

On to the show!!

Did these little Cardinals that are so popular... It is such a tiny space, I just did a quick little ornament... And found out I dislike stitching on perforated paper...who knew??

Then I did these little guys... I like them cause they are sort of worn looking... Thrift store finds!

And I finished this little beauty recently... I think it is by La D Da. I put it in a frame for a Christmas present, but forgot to take a snap! I want to stitch it again for ME in 2016!

I was recently RAK-ed...twice! This came from Ireland, from my good friend Gaynor (stitchersanon). She knows I like purple, and sent me this lovely fabric! And I just LOVE the card too!

Closeup of the fabric... in not-so-great lighting... I am still thinking about what to stitch on it... whether or not to do a large project or smalls... decisions, decisions...

Andrea , from England, sent me this beauty! Her stitching is just beautiful and the finishing is perfect! She just randomly picked me to gift... what a really nice gesture! I appreciate it a lot! Plus she made the card also!! How talented! I have not become that good at scrapbooking! It kind of went to the side in favor of cross stitching!

Back of the ornament--the fabric was perfect... I am not that good with circular finishing... but now I have an excellent example!

See the little charm on the back? just another sweet touch to such a wonderful RAK!

Stitched this but am not done yet. I intend to stitch 'You Never Forget Your First' on the side borders, and make it into a 'mattress pincushion' though it is going to my son, who will NOT be using it as a pincushion! Found this idea online earlier this year... knew I would do it for Christmas!

Just finished this Lizzie Kate piece today...

And finished this one, Christmas Birdhouse, by Little House Needleworks, last week. I have a lot of finishing to get done, but these last two are for me!

I really hate that I am posting a month after my last one, but there are reasons. The biggest reason being that we lost Bill's sister to cancer on the 22nd of November. We had visited with her the week before and he/we got to say goodbye at that time. Doesn't take away the immediate feelings of loss, but makes it not as difficult, I think. Because we visited her (and their dog), I had bronchitis by the time we got home... again...so off to my doctor... Then Bill suddenly showed BAD symptoms of diabetes! Off to HIS doctor we went, and sure enough, he has diabetes. We could not go to the funeral because he was in the throes of these problems (extreme thirst, and consequently, lots of peeing!)that would restrict us from an 8 hour drive one way. (Let me now say, I have curtailed his diet, and his 'numbers' are now excellent! Doctor doesn't want to see him until February. Plus he is losing weight--already lost 17 pounds!) So, in a nutshell... LOTS going on... I am ready for a year without crises!

Not sure if I will post before Christmas, so will send out wishes to everyone for a Very Good Christmas! May you make many wonderful memories with family and friends!

Hugs,

Maggee

20 comments:

Barb said...

You have great reasons for not posting. I am glad to hear your husband is doing better but I am sorry to hear of your loss. This is a hard time of year to have just dealt with that. All your ornaments are just beautiful. You have done lots of them. You tree must be pretty.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fabulous assortment of finishes, Maggee! I haven't seen those cardinals around. Where did you get them? I hope you are feeling better and glad to hear your husband's number are now excellent. Thinking of you!

Heather said...

That's a very appropriate reason for not posting. I'm sorry about your loss and your troubles but I'm glad things are looking up again. Good job at keeping him healthy! January will be my starting to work out and eat better. I know that's what everyone does but in my case it just happens to coincide with me starting work and getting a paycheck :)

Brigitte said...

So sorry to hear of your and your husband's loss. Good that you were there and could say good bye.
And good to read that your husband's diabetes is under control now. I just hope that you are also feeling better already.

Nice stitching, Maggee. I don't love stitching on perforated paper either. I tried it once with a Mill Hill project and knew that it wasn't for me. Now, what to do with my MH projects, lol.
Enjoy your wonderful gifts from Andrea and Gaynor. They are such generous stitchers.

Have a great Christmas season!

Katie said...

I'm so sorry for all the chaos life has thrown you lately. Congrats to you hubby on the weight loss. So glad his numbers have got better. Great job getting him to take care of himself. All your stitching is beautiful. Great gifts too! I can't decide which one I like best cause I love them all. Happy Holidays!

Vickie said...

I am sorry about your SIL's death Maggee. I know it was rough at the end. I am so proud of you and Bill. 17 lbs! Good for him.
You have been accomplishing a lot with stitching too!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely finishes and I'm so sorry about the loss of your sister-in-law and glad DH is in better shape now. Adding cinnamon to food helps control blood sugar too if you're not already doing that. :)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Maggee, if it isn't one thing it's ten others on this merry-go-round we call life. I hear ya, sister! I'm ready for a drama free 2016. I don't think that's too much to ask and I bet you'd agree. Love seeing the stitching. I need to do more of that in the new year too. Hugs from here!

cucki said...

I am sorry about your SIL's death my dear.. I know it is very hard.....
Your stitching is so beautiful.
hugs x

Justine said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Maggee, and your husband's illness. Glad to hear he is getting his diabetes under control now.
All of your stitching is lovely - you have been busy!

Andrea said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Good job your DH has you to keep him in check! Wonderful stitching. I've just started stitching CCN Christmas Birdhouse myself.
Have a very Happy Christmas.

Marie said...

So many lovely finishes! The cardinals are cute! I recently stitched on perforated paper for those ever popular wooden sleds...I didn't mind it but not a huge fan.
Very nice gifts from your friends. The PS Santa is so nice. I love circular finishing, it's quite easy!
Sorry to hear of the passing of your SIL. I hope that your DH is doing better. Good for him for losing all that weight!
Merry Christmas!

Beth said...

Lots going on for sure Maggee! How wonderful with diet you've made such great strides for your husband. So sorry for your loss. Andrea's ornaments is lovely and your cardinals are very cute. Count Your Blessings - that is a reminder we all need.

Beth said...

How wonderful with diet you made such big changes in your husband's health. I am sorry for your loss. Lovely ornament Andrea made and cute cardinals. Count Your Blessings - we all need that reminder!

Carol said...

Oh, Maggee, I'm sorry to read that your problems are continuing with your family's health. I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye to your SIL, too. Hopefully, diet will make such a big difference in Bill's diabetes that he won't need meds. That is what happened with my dad...

Love your stitching and that gorgeous gift from Andrea. I am so lucky to have won one of her little masterpieces, too!

Hope things calm down and that 2016 is easier for you--you've had a lot to deal with this year. Sending hugs your way!

Penny said...

Sorry for the loss of you sister-in-law, Maggee. And that's great news about your husband's numbers. Diet can make a big difference and he is lucky to have your support. It has been many years since I've stitched on perforated paper, but I don't remember being a big fan of it. Your ornaments are lovely, as is all of your stitching. :) Merry Christmas!

Teresa S. said...

Your stitching looks beautiful and I'm so glad to hear that your husband's diet is helping his diabetes! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Sally said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and yours and your husband's health problems. Hope you are both doing much better now.

Lots of lovely things to see. You have been very busy. You also received some lovely gifts.

Love your La D Da finish.

Have a wonderful Christmas Maggee.

Jeanne said...

Lots of pretty things you've posted! I have that Christmas birdhouse pattern and really looking forward to stitching it too. Sorry to hear about your SIL and your family health issues. My DH has diabetes also, it is such a challenge so wishing your husband the best. Hope you enjoy your holidays and I look forward to your 2016 posts.

ORANGE s said...

A Very Merry Christmas and and a creative 2016, Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice