Wednesday, December 30, 2015

End of the year tally...

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas! I enjoy having my family here for Christmas, and get a little sad when it is over. This year, my oldest daughter and her family stayed from Wednesday through midday Sunday. My youngest lives here in the beach, but we only saw her and her daughter on Christmas. Ah well, they have lives... I did not get much more stitching done, and no finishing except one piece you will see... Perhaps when my headache goes away (it just started raining, and I am sensitive to humidity) I will dig into my finishing pile once again.

So, without further ado... here come a few pictures:

Stitched this Bent Creek small and thought I would put it in the frame next to it... but... changed my mind as I looked at it today. I adjusted the color so the fabric would show truer to life (it is on Rue Green linen)... I have a different small that will be so much cuter!! Stay tuned while I switch things up!

Snow White by Little House Needleworks has been done since November, but with all the stuff happening, did not get a snap. I think I will do a flatfold finish with it. Again, stay tuned!

And this is the Nintendo controller finished-finished! Top...

Bottom... stitched the PacMan, just because...

And a side view. Putting it together was not really that enjoyable, because the fabric was an 'unevenweave' and well... it just took forever. I DID get it done before Christmas, and my son liked it. Said it is almost the size of a real one... that was purely a coincidence!

I am working on a Lizzie Kate Christmas piece... not small, but very cute. It won't be done this year, but I need a fairly easy piece to occupy my time right now... while I think about next year's stitching!

I counted up my finishes, and surprised myself!! I finished 44 pieces! Only 1 was large (Jenny Bean's Christmas), 12 were medium sized and the rest were smalls. I finished MOST of them myself.. the rest are languishing in my drawer! NO professional framing this year... lean year... I also saw that I made a list of projects I wanted to do in 2015--what a JOKE! I am terrible at keeping to goals! Out of 10, I finished only ONE on the list! Maybe 2016 will see them done... (yeah right!!)

Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a safe but Happy New Year's celebration! See you in 2016!

Hugs, Maggee

15 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Go Maggee! I really like the stitched pieces you shared and what a fun one you stitched and finished for your son. Where did you find the tree frame? Wishing you and yours a very happy and healthy 2016.

Vickie said...

Your son's gift finished up fun. I hope you have a Happy, Healthy New Year Maggee.♥

marly said...

Happy new year Maggee. I have no idea (or memory) of what I stitched this year.

Barb said...

You had lots of great finishes. I actually lost count of how many designs I did. Each year I start out keeping track then somewhere along the line I stop. Maybe in 2016 I will make the resolution to keep track! I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

Penny said...

You have some lovely finishes, Maggee!

Justine said...

44 finishes! Great achievement. I love the one that found its way to my house - thank you again!
Your latest finishes are lovely, the Nintendo cushion came out great even if you struggled with the fabric.
Happy New Year! I look forward to following you in 2016.

cucki said...

Happy new year dear friend xx

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

You beat me with a stick on your finishes! I'm learning that it's the road I take that leads me to my best me... Not the map I try to follow :)

Katie said...

Oh I love the frame and your finishes. I just LOVE the Nintendo controller. Too cool! I'm glad you're son liked it. As long as you enjoyed your stitching it doesn't matter if you finished a list. That's my opinion at least. Good luck with your beautiful work in 2016! I'll be cheering you along.

Teresa S. said...

44 pieces is a great total! Don't worry if they weren't the ones on your list. You stitch what takes your fancy-as do I. That is a darling tree frame.

Heather said...

Loli didn't even finish one project this year! Yours look great!

Astrids dragon said...

They all look great, but the Nintendo controller is a real treasure!

Brigitte said...

Wonderful finishes. Snow White looks gorgeous.
Happy New Year!

Carol said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas with your family, Maggee--that is the best gift to have them around you. I am lucky to have my youngest son still here for another week :)

What a cute finish that Nintendo controller is! And I love your Snow White. I've finished the bottom portion as an ornament and gave it away. Need to stitch another for myself!

I didn't keep track of how many things I stitched this year--it was kind of a blurred year with so many health-issues going on here! Let's hope for a healthier 2016 for both of our families :)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

You go girl! I seriously need to have a finishing day myself. Loved seeing these cuties.