Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November Gifted Gorgeousness SAL (and other things!)

I surprised myself when I saw that my last post was for the Gifted Gorgeousness... has it been that long? Where does the time go? Yikes!

Well, I have one finished flatfold project and one pillow project to share with you... I did my first Hooked On Exchange and I have pics of that. So without further ado, here goes...

This is a piece designed by Maryse, with a few personal changes. I am sending it to my sister to cheer her up and gear her up for Christmas!

Back/side view

And the Exchange piece that I sent:

I had to snatch the picture from my recipient, Marie, as I cannot find my picture of this finish. It was a freebie that I had for a while. Used DMC threads... I wanted it to really pop with fall colors!

And I wanted to play around with bits of wool, so came up with this little bit of fancy!The two buttons were perfect for the piece!

The Exchange piece that I received:

Here is the piece that I received from Rosa -- it is so cute!







Thus ends my Gifted Gorgeousness part of this blogpost... but I have a little more to share!

I finished this Little House Needleworks Winter Sampler... and just have Spring left to do.

I know this is not stitching, but I saw this on YouTube and tried it out... you need lots of pins! And little pieces of fabric... but it will be a great gift for someone!

This is an older piece that I stitched, and had finished at my LNS. I brought it out for display this Fall. I really love the piece, with such a great sentiment. And the finishing is super! It called for blended threads... something that was new to me at that time. Now, of course, we can just use overdyeds! I still have the pattern... it was in a magazine!

Thanks for visiting! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hugs,

Maggee

17 comments:

Vickie said...

Your flatfold is great! I saw your sweet gift to Marie on her blog. :)
What a cool, cool tree you created! Great Oaks is timeless and awesome. Keep well my friend!

Heather said...

Wow lots of great pieces!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Maggee, I love all of this post. I'd have to say my favorite is the acorns one. You know how I love my acorns!

Penny said...

What a great finish on your flatfold! And lovely exchange pieces! Nice finish on the Winter Sampler and I love that tree ~ how creative! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Maggee. :)

marly said...

Lots of goodies here! Nice finishing on your flatfold.

Barb said...

What a lot of lovely stitching. I am sure your gift will cheer up your sister. I do love the way you finished many of the projects!

Beth said...

Such pretty fabric on the Noel stitch Maggee. I very much enjoyed seeing the lovely items you gave and were gifted with.

Katie said...

Oh lots of pretties. Great exchange! Love how you finished the little pillow with the different fabrics. Perfect! Love your tree. Too cute!!

Justine said...

Those are all beautiful finishes. I too love the Joyeux Noel flatfold, it is really lovely and the fabric you chose to back it with is simply gorgeous!
Your exchange pieces for Marie and from Rosa are stunning too.

Robin in Virginia said...

Great update, Maggee! I love your flatfold; it turned out well. What super exchange pieces to give and to receive. Your acorn piece is darling. Hope you have fully recovered by now!

PS What a cool tree you created!

Carol said...

Yes, I agree, Maggee--where is the time going? Hard to believe we are nearing the end of November soon!

Your flatfold is gorgeous and I'm sure your sister will treasure it. Love the little exchange piece for Marie and the one you got from Rosa is darling, too.

The fabric tree is so pretty--did it take long to make? And, of course, I love the sentiment on your Tall Oaks piece having just stitched the PS sampler with the same words :)

Wishing you and your family every blessing on Thanksgiving Day!

Sheryl S. said...

Pretty flatfold and exchange gifts.

Sally said...

Love your flat fold.

Both exchange pieces are beautiful.

I love the fabric tree! What a fantastic idea.

Tiffstitch said...

Fabulous finishes and lovely gifts too!

Brigitte said...

So much great stitching to see here - and finishing. You created a wonderful flatfold for your sister and a very pretty exchange gift.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. At least I'm ensuring you post once a month!
The flat fold looks lovely and the two exchange pieces are great. I like the heart button she added to the pillow.

Your fabric tree looks very nice, was it tricky to make?

Robin said...

Fabulous finishes. I especially like the patchwork on the back of Autumn. Very nice work all around!