Friday, October 23, 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL

For a while now, I have seen blog posts called Gifted Gorgeousness. It is a SAL that people can join to show their progress or finishes on cross stitch designs, threads, or fabrics that were gifted to them OR their finished projects that they have given to others. It is run by Jo, of Serendipitous Stitching, if you want to check it out! Anyway, I joined in and this is going to be my first post!

Justine recently won my Giveaway, but then I got sick again with pneumonia. Slowed things down... Plus the meds were very strong, and caused me to have other problems, and I am still taking meds and recovering from those side effects! So, no stitching of late, and no trip to the post office until yesterday! I asked Justine if I could post about the gift BEFORE she received it, because I really wanted to get my first GG post in! She agreed, so here we go!

It is a Lizzie Kate design, called Live Simply, that I made into a cube finish. Stitched on a piece of yellow overdyed fabric from R&R Reproductions that I have had in my stash (it is brighter than this picture), with nice bright threads so it will pop! And I dyed the lace trim to coordinate with the colors on the fabric AND the stitching! I hope she likes it...



That is all for now... I have an exchange piece I will hopefully finish soon, plus I was working on a Christmas piece before all this... so I promise next post will have more to share than one project!

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,

Maggee

16 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Maggee that is just gorgeous. What a perfect finish.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Turned out really pretty! Love all the happy colors going on there. Feel better! {{hugs}}

Vickie said...

I love it! It certainly does pop! :D
I am praying for you dear.♥

Robin said...

What a super cube finish, Maggee! I hope you are finally on the mend from your bout with pneumonia and side effects caused by the medication. Enjoy your weekend, but don't forget to rest and relax. Thinking of you!

Robin in Virginia

Heather said...

Welcome to GG I'm sure she'll love it!

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching and finish.
Hope you are feeling better now.

Justine said...

Maggee thank you so much, that's beautiful! I'm so touched that you went to so much trouble, even dyeing lace yourself to match. I will absolutely treasure it. Can't wait to see it in person!

Emma/Itzy said...

What a lovely gift, I'm sure Justine will love it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with such a lovely gift for a lovely blogger!

I like the way you have finished it into a cube. I haven't done one of those yet, but I have nine to do for my Hallow'en Cubes!

Beth said...

Justine will LOVE it Maggee, it is wonderful.

Sally said...

Maggee your finish is so pretty. I bet Justine will love it.

Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Brigitte said...

Such a wonderful gift for Justine. You stitched and finished it so perfectly. A great first GG post.
I hope that your health will soon be fully restored.

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish and get lots of rest!

Carol said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the pneumonia, Maggee--please try to take it easy so you stay healthy for the upcoming holidays! There is so much to be done and you don't need to be sick on top of everything else...

Your gift is so pretty and I love the bright colors--a happy finish with a great message:)

Kaisievic said...

Maggee, that is such a great finish - I am sure that Justine is going to love it. Well done!

Sheryl S. said...

This is very pretty, Justine will love it.