Friday, August 28, 2015

Birthdays

Well, as I said, I had three stitched Birthday presents to get done in August...And I DID finish stitching them, finish-finish them AND get them mailed in what I think was enough time... (waiting to hear still...). I also finished stitching two other small pieces, but they are going to be gifts... so no viewing right now! I have them right next to me, to be finished-finished.

Here are some pics of the Birthday presents:

You are My Sunshine, a Cricket Collection freebie... I used a scrap of the overdyed fabric that I did Rosemarkie on. It is a really nice purple, despite this picture. The finished piece will show it better.

Count Your Rainbows, a freebie by A Posy Collection... I dyed this fabric, because this granddaughter loves pink!

And what I'm calling Bloom , also a freebie, by Wichelt Imports... Cute and Perky, just like the recipient!

And here are the finishes...

Used a piece of overdyed chenille from Victorian Motto. Nancy has so many beautiful colors!! AND lovely purple pins...of course!

This butterfly fabric seemed perfect... Her favorite color is purple... could you tell??

It is hard to see that the lighter pink rick rack is sparkly, but it is!!

I think this backing fabric is pink enough... Also has pink pins!

This one was actually hard to finish, because of matching the colors... but I finally found a green ribbon that worked!

And this really cute flower fabric, sort of matched the flowers in the design...

Months ago, many months ago, I stitched this Lizzie Kate mini-sampler... and finished it into a bag... Totally forgot to share it here... This was my first attempt at making a bag. Not bad. If I had followed the instructions to a 't', it would please me more... For some reason, I strayed and got distracted, so it is not exactly the way I wanted it... I will try again sometime in the future...

Well, that's it for now. I have to blog about birding next... LOTS of birds seen this month...

Hugs,

Maggee

18 comments:

CalamityJr said...

What great stitching and finishes! I think I'll have to go looking for those freebies - thanks for sharing.

Tiffany Pincombe said...

Wow! Those are fantastic finishes! Lovely job on all and I hope your recipients are happy to receive your beautiful work.

Justine said...

Oh Maggee I'm in awe of your finishing! They are all adorable. What lucky friends and family to receive them!

Vickie said...

Oh such wonderful gifts for birthdays! I love that Sunshine freebie. From a long time ago Maggee? I cannot find it.

Heather said...

Great finishes! I think the bag looks great!

Robin said...

Congratulations to you on getting the birthday gifts stitched and finished! I know each one will be greatly loved. Nice looking tote, Maggee! Have a wonderful weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the adorable finishes Maggee.

Linda

ORANGERY S said...

That's a great idea, I love the gifts you made. Sunny Greetings from New Orleans, Alice

Barb said...

Such delightful stitching and wonderful finishes!!

Sally said...

Fantastic finishes Maggee. Love your bag. It looks brilliant to me.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Maggee, this is awesome. All these great flatfolds turned out fantastic. An this bag is just great. There is nothing that would show that it's your first try on a bag.

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful...absolutely perfect designs and lovely finishing. I've never made flatfolds so maybe one to try in the future.

Beth said...

Wonderful finishes Maggee! I like the Cricket Collection and the rainbow. Awesome bag finish too!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

You go girl! What fantastic finishes!! Have a good week.

Pam in IL said...

Very nice finishes! I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled to receive them. I love the L*K bag too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great finishing, I love You Are My Sunshine the most.

Astrids dragon said...

They all look fantastic! Love the way you finished them all and really love the bag!

Sheryl S. said...

What pretty flatfolds and the bag is lovely, like the useful size