Monday, August 3, 2015

A few finishes...

I finished a few pieces early last week. I didn't finish the LK Spread the Love of God piece... I got halfway done, and will probably finish in the next day or two... Hoping to do a bit of quilting on it. But--here are the ones I DID finish!

Did a pillow finish with beaded trim. Used Red rick rack that I dyed, and White and Blue beads... all patriotic!

Side view of the beaded rick rack trim and the backing fabric...

Did another tin finish with this one!

Made 'Walk Humbly' into a flat fold. Did beading again... sparkly crystal beads this time!

Side view of the beads...

And here is a shot of the backing fabric.

Did not get much stitching done last week. Was out of town for most of it... visiting family. It was a nice time. Saw some neat birds (not many pictures tho) and will post on the birding blog next. But, I have to get moving because all three of my out-of-town granddaughters have birthdays in the next 45 days, and I want to give them stitchy gifts! Started one so far! I am going to go through all the freebie patterns I have printed out over the years--I have enough there to last me forever! Bound to find some that appeal to young ladies!

Thanks for visiting! Hugs, Maggee

21 comments:

Robin said...

Fabulous finished finishes, Maggee! How did you do the beaded trim on the ric rac? What a great way to finish the edge! I really like the My Big Toe piece as a flatfold. What is its finished size?

Robin in Virginia

Barb said...

Great stitching and such pretty finishes! I love the rick rack and beads that you used.

Stitchinowl said...

Beautiful finishes! I just realized I have the first one in my stash. :)
Carolyn

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finishes Maggee.

Linda

butterfly said...

What wonderful stitching and beautiful finishes.
Good luck with the birthday gifts.

Trace4J said...

Pretty pretty stitches Friend.
Woolie Blessings

Vickie said...

Good for you! Looks great Maggee. So nice to have them all finished off.

Beth said...

Wonderful finishes Maggee with the pins and the rickrack and coordinating fabrics.

Hazel said...

Stunning finishes! Love the ricrac. x

Tiffany Pincombe said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Beautiful finishes, my friend! You go girl!

marly said...

With that fabric and finish, that's about the most patriotic piece I've seen. I've always done something simple for young folk. A thin pillow or flat fold with their name on one side with appropriate motifs for their likes, and Do Not Disturb on the other side! Included a hook hanger for their door.

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful finishes!

Crystal Rhew Staley said...

Lovely finishes!! I just adore ric rac!

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Gorgeous finishes :) I love how you do your little beads and rickrack!

Carol said...

Such great finishes, Maggee--the beads on the ric rak is so cute! I can't wait to see what you end up stitching for your granddaughters--what fun you'll have deciding on a chart :) Hope your August is going well...

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love all your finishes! You've been busy.... blessings, marlene

Sheryl S. said...

Lovely designs and perfect finishes.

Brigitte said...

Oh Maggee, you have some fantastic finishes here. And all so creatively finished. I love the beaded ric-rac, a wonderful idea.

Ma, Herself said...

Oh Maggee, your finishes are just gorgeous! I love the rick-rack and pins, not to mention the adorable fabrics. You should be a professional finisher :)
I'm so happy that you and a nice visit with your family, and I too can't wait to see what beauties you come up with for the granddaughter birthday gifts.
Hugs

Kaisievic said...

So great that you spent some time with family, too and such wonderful finishes, Maggee - too hard to choose a favourite but maybe the first one.