Friday, June 26, 2015

Patriotic Decorating....

I have stitched a bunch of red, white and blue lately, so I finally got them finished and up on display!! Without further ado...



If you have followed my blog, you might have seen this wall display as I change it out every season... This is my LAST season needed! Yay! It is actually my second attempt at patriotic lettering...(you will see my first attempt below)



Here is a closeup on the left side...



And here is the right side...



Here is my first attempt... I was cutting them out to put in the frames when I realized they were a smaller count, and thus I was cutting off too much. Nothing I could do... except make walnut-shell filled pillows. They are lined inside, so no shells will come out... The second set above got only the outlined letters, as I was over it by then!



This is one of my new favorites! It is by Sam Sarah Designs, called Stars and Stripes. The frame is one of a set of three that I got at a thrift store for very little. I painted this first one white... I will experiment on the next two... Anyway... I put batting and then denim on the backing board, and velcro'd the stitched piece to the denim. It came out really cute, if I may say so myself!



And I have also been making table runners for each season... This is my patriotic one...

This is my Spring and then a bit of summer one... I MAY make a beach one for the end of summer before Fall... we shall see... I also made one for my sister-in-law in the Spring. They are very easy to make if you have a sewing machine, and they don't take much fabric at all... IF anyone is interested in them, I can share the pattern with you--just let me know. It is free to all--a university project I believe.



I was looking online for the type of paint to cover a mason jar when I saw this instead. THIS took five minutes to make... Found it on Pinterest, where else?



A snap of my patriotic display in my living room... there is more all around, but that is the biggest display.



I also pulled one piece from my Finishing Drawer to do. This is a Little House Needleworks piece I did a LONG time ago... made it into a cube-type finish (it's not exactly a cube...)



The top... I am running out of these colored head pins I use. They are really long. I cannot find them anymore. I originally got them YEARS AGO from a seller on Ebay but they don't have them now...If anyone knows where they can be found, in all different colors, let me know!



And the back and side...



This is my latest love from the thrift store! I just LOVE the entire thing--it's coming in my office!! Plus it was less than a dollar!! Can't go wrong!

I have been posting more often on the Gladitudes blog (link on the right), to share some encouragement. There is so much negativity around, it can really get to us. So, if you are in need of uplifting, go for a visit!

I also posted on my Birding Blog (Birding Devotee of course!) this week--link is also on the right!

Well, that is it for now...

Hugs,

Maggee

15 comments:

Beth said...

Maggie really wonderful decorating. I have the Sam Sarah all kitted up....maybe this year!

Ranae Ehmen said...

Beautiful holiday decor,
Are those button hearts with the stick pins in the holes? what a clever idea,

Vicki said...

Your patriotic projects all look great! I also really like your thrift store find. It looks peaceful to me.

Barb said...


What a great post! I love all the patriotic things you have done. The stitching all looks great too!

Ma, Herself said...

I love all of your gorgeous finishes, Maggee! Your runners are amazing, and I would love for you to publish/share the pattern ;)
Your Patriotic and seasonal display is so fun, and perfectly stitched...what a fun treat!
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Ma

Marilyn said...

All great projects.
Love the candle, what a great idea.
And the tablerunners are so pretty.
I would love the pattern for these.
Thanks!
Marilyn
flyingpigsinthesky1@gmail.com

Vickie said...

I love the many ways you have beautified your home Maggee. Great patriotic displays. How is Jon?

marly said...

What a beautiful painting. Love it. Hmmm....Velcro! Never thought about using it - thanks. I'll look at my one and only craft store for those pins.

Robin said...

Maggee, I really like your table runners and your patriotic finishes especially the Sam Sarah Stars and Stripes. Would love the details on your mason jar candle. Your daisy picture find is fabulous!

Enjoy your weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Linda said...

Lovely display Maggee.

Linda

Tiffany Pincombe said...

Great finishes!!

Stitchinowl said...

What a wonderful, crafty post! I absolutely love your handmade runners.
Carolyn

Katie said...

Oh look at all your gorgeous things. Love them all!!!

Carol said...

Such a great bunch of patriotic finishes, Maggee! I need to get busy and get mine out--TODAY! I have been procrastinating long enough, but seeing your displays has inspired me :) Happy 4th of July weekend to you and your family!

Brigitte said...

Such beautiful decorating for the upcoming holiday. And so many different kinds of creative display. These table runners are a wonderful idea.