Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Funnies

Went to the Thrift Store last night, and found this hilarious book that I thought I would share here every once in a while... like on Fridays! After a week of whatever, we could use a little levity! The book is called 'Signspotting" and was compiled by Doug Lansky. There is a website out there related to the book, called signspotting.com of course! So here we go (pardon my date stamp on the pictures!):



Before I close, I will say that I DID work on a WIP this week... but I did not enjoy it. Not that I don't like the piece... but I am just not in the mood for stitching large pieces... Here is my progress picture of the Maryse Dupont SAL 2014. I did that bird and the house... around 600 stitches, more or less...


That's it for now. Hope you enjoyed!

Hugs,

Maggee

12 comments:

cucki said...

Aww such a cute post..
Sweet stitching xxx

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Love this! I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes pictures or these random things. Have a good weekend!

Vickie said...

haha! Love it! I pass a sign here in town and it is funny too. I have been thinking about taking a picture and posting. Will do. :)

Robin said...

What a super book find, Maggee! Thanks for sharing some of it with us! I like the house and bird you got stitched on your SAL piece. Hope you are able to find an enjoyable piece of stitching this weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Barb said...

Those signs were hilarious. Thanks for making me laugh!

Melody said...

The signs are too funny! Thanks for the chuckle.

Meari said...

Too funny!

Katie said...

Love the fun signs. Great WIP sorry you aren't enjoying it.

Pam in IL said...

Thanks for the chuckle with the funny signs. Your WIP is looking good.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those signs are so funny! I try to keep away from books like that at work otherwise I am laughing so much that I can't serve customers!

The large WIP is looking good too, every little counts.

Kaisievic said...

I love the signs, so funny, it made us all laugh at work. Thank you. Lovely stitch progress, too.

Brigitte said...

Hahaha. Some of these signs just made me laugh out loud.
Progress is progress, no matter how much. Maybe in the meantime you have pulled out another piece that appeals to you more at the moment. I am also like this - sometimes I love stitching smalls and then I neglect my big pieces a lot, but their turn comes again :)