Monday, June 1, 2015

Finishings

Well, it is a brand new month... and I have some finishing to share that I did 'last' month...Can you believe it is June now??

This is a really cute, quick design called The Heart Flag by Forever in my Heart designs. It is stitched on 36-count Pearl Grey linen, using random red, white and blue threads... The Tin was gifted to me by a friend--it is the larger size, about three inches.

Side view... really fun finish. I may put a magnet on the back... Going to make more of this design! Love it!

Then I did a flatfold finish with this Little House Needleworks piece called Simplicity. I really really like making flatfolds (thanks Vonna for the tutorial!)!

A side view...

Had just the right colored fabric...

You may remember this piece from my last post. I did not like the color for the word 'Choose'.. soooooo... I changed it!

MUCH better, yes? My friend really liked it. She was feeling down from work, and needed some cheering. I brought it to her right after I finished it! Now she can just look at this adorable piece in the equally adorable frame, and smile!

Here is one WIP I have taken up this weekend... My Big Toe Designs are so appealing to me... I love the song by Casting Crowns that references these verses (Micah 6:8) called 'Courageous'. I tried to put up a link, but blogger apparently doesn't like it. But... it's a good song, and there is a movie by the same name that is good too!

And here is another small WIP I am stitching on also... one of the Littles by Hands to Work. That border is tricky!! But I am nearly done, and can start the reddish color for hearts! Yay!

I am feeling a tug to pull out a larger piece. I have a bunch of 'big' WIPs languishing, and just may get some stitches in one or two this month. Stay tuned!

My son is progressing. He can chew a little more now. Still is painful and has pain after each time he chews, but it is progress nonetheless... Now to get some weight on him! Thanks again for the prayers! They work--God always honors them!

Hugs, Maggee

15 comments:

Beth said...

What a beautiful flatfold finish Maggee. I am hyper-critical of those as the stretching and seams need to be absolutely perfectly straight of my eyes glom on to the 'wobble'. Yours is perfect and the fabric choices are outstanding. Well done!

Katie said...

Oh I love the tin finish. Too cute!! Love the flatfold. They are beautiful to display. Oh I like your change to Choose Joy. Perfect. Glad the receiver enjoyed it. Great WIPs. Good news about your son.

Barb said...

Wow! You have been busy stitching. You have lots of great finishes. The patriotic one is so cute. So glad to hear your son is a bit better. We will keep up the prayers!

Tiffany Pincombe said...

Great stitching and finishes and glad your son is improving. That's wonderful.

Heather said...

I love the flatfold it's so cute. Especially that fabric you had for the back it matches perfectly! Glad to hear your son's doing better good luck on getting the weight on! Chocolate shakes go down easily ;)

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the cute finishes Maggee. Nice progress on all the other pieces. Glad to hear that your son is doing a little better.

Linda

CalamityJr said...

What fantastic finishes - I don't think I could choose a favorite. I'm a huge fan of My Big Toe designs, also. Glad to hear your son is improving; prayer definitely does work!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, such lovely finishes. Thy are all so great, and you were even doing a flatfold finish. Great job. And nice progress on your smalls. I also feel the urge to stitch on my biggies from time to time as they are my real passion :) I have been stitching on them for over a month now and I'm still hooked and can't put them down.

So good to read that your son's health is improving more and more. I hope that the pain he still feels when chewing will vanish soon.

llknbillburg said...

Wonderful finishes!! I know what you mean about the large WIPs. I have been trying to get some of mine finished too and it is taking forever!! I am going to start a few smaller pieces to give myself that 'finish' lift so the evil SLUMP doesn't visit me!!! Laura

Vickie said...

All three finishes are wonderful! I too like flatfolds. Nice solution to seasonal displays especially.
I am praying for Jon. ♥

Robin said...

Maggee, I love your finishes. What a sweet patriotic piece you stitched! Off to check on that design. Your WIPs look good. I am glad that your son is feeling a bit better and that he is able to chew a bit more. Continuing to lift him up in prayer!

Robin in Virginia

marly said...

Good to hear your son is progressing. You made the right choice with the color change. The heart flag is adorable! I'm itching for a small.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've not seen that flat fold finish before and I love it! I'm wondering if there's a tutorial somewhere? And so happy your son is making progress! blessings, marlene

Meari said...

Cute finishes!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

So many beautiful finishes. Something