Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A couple of finishes...

I am still trying to get back to 'normal' -- though, what is normal these days? I want to thank everyone that has prayed and is still praying for my son Jon. He is still not able to chew, thus he cannot really eat good. There has been some improvement in that he can open his mouth a bit, so he shoves in soft foods that require little chewing, and basically swallows it. But pretty much still on a liquid diet. I have asked around, and this kind of thing just takes time to return to the way it was. I still believe in praying, if you are so inclined...

Meanwhile, I have a finish or two to share... I finished a birthday piece for Jon before the day, but didn't finish-finish it until last week. Hard to figure what to do with it, since he doesn't like hanging pictures... but I played it safe and did a simple little pillow. He can just place it somewhere... Anyway, this is called 'Pretty Little Chicago' by Satsuma Designs. I have not stitched a piece with so many color changes in quite some time... but I was determined.





simple cotton ticking on the back... sorta masculine...

And then I finished the Spring is in the Air piece by Maryse Dupont. Made it into a simple pillow also, because there is a lot going on already... But I am still thinking about further embellishments...



I changed the colors of the large circle with writing in it... more to my tastes... purple of course!



And a simple little pink flower back fabric...

Yesterday I stitched a quick little piece for a friend, but... I may rip out the one word in green... just cannot decide what color to do it again...or maybe I will just leave it off!! It is Choose Joy by Trilogy



The frame was a thrift store find for less than a dollar! Love it!

I started a little patriotic piece last night. I may finish it in a day or two... I have a really SPECIAL finish in mind, so stay tuned.

That's it for now... I gotta get showered and get moving on my day!

Hugs,

Maggee

15 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh I like the piece you did up for Jon very much. Glad to see you are still getting stitching in. :) I am praying. ♥

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Nice finishes! Love them all. I'll send positive thoughts your way. Hugs!

Beth said...

Very cool pillow finishes Maggee. Hoping your son continues to improve albeit slowly.

Robin said...

Continuing to pray for your son! What a fabulous looking pillow you created for him. I recently came across that designer. The Spring is in the Air pillow is lovely and I like your Choose Joy framed piece. If you frog out the green word, you might want to use the pinkish purple flower color. Just a thought!

Robin in Virginia

Linda said...

Great finishes Maggee. I love Satsuma Street cities. Glad your sons doing a little better.

Linda

Lisa Clarke said...

I love the pieces you did! I am a new reader and I will be sure to come back to read your old posts. I am sending you good thoughts for you and your son.
Hugs,
Lisa

www.sleepingdoubleinasinglewide.blogspot.com

Tiffany Pincombe said...

Lovely pillow finishes! Could you use a purple instead of green for the "Choose Joy" mini?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear about your son. I hope he gets better soon.

Love the Satsuma Street design. I'm stitching Pretty Little London and have Paris and Italy lined up. Then I'll start on the U.S. Designs!

Have you thought about red for the word Choose on your L*K design?

Teresa S. said...

Oh, this is the first time I've seen the finished Maryse Dupont piece. It is lovely! Now I'm going to run and start it :)

Barb said...

Your finishes are very pretty and I will keep Jon in my prayers for sure!

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

You amaze me at how fast you can stitch! And everything looks so pretty. The green stitches are hard to see in the photo... maybe white would pop more. Hoping your son is feeling back to normal soon.
xoxo

Heather said...

Good thoughts are going to Jon! I love what you did with his piece. The choice of backing fabric is great. It's very masculine and reminds me of the fabric on Disney Cruise Line.

Kaisievic said...

I love the Satsuma design you stitched for your son. And your other stitching is very pretty, too. I will send further prayers to your son, I hope that he recovers soon!

Brigitte said...

Oh Maggee, the two little pillows that you stitched are both so beautiful - the one for your son for its vibrant colours and Maryse's for the delicate motives and colours. The third little piece is just lovely, too. Why not replace the green with some pink colour like the one in the frame?
I hope that your son will heal soon so that he can have more solid food. I'll be thinking of him.

Katie said...

Glad to hear your son is healing but hope he continues and gets better more quickly. It's hard to watch our children hurt isn't it? Big Hugs! Love your finishes. They are finished finishes too...what's that? LOL Love the way you finished them.