Thursday, April 9, 2015

'Tis Spring... right???

I know the calendar says it is Spring, but today it is 48 degrees outside, cloudy and dreary... after being rainy yesterday (which I am thankful for, cause our grass is in need of watering!!)... I prefer warmer, sunny days! I am pretty much OVER being chilly! Hmpf!!

I have gotten a little done...



Here is what I did with the Pepsi logo stitch. My husband loves it! Phew! He has it hanging on his lamp by his recliner.



I just glued scrapbook paper to the back to cover it...



I am nearly done with one of the three 'Littles' by Hands on Designs. They are so adorable. I am using a piece of 40-count linen, and mostly the recommended threads...



And while I was perusing the internet, reading blogs and such, I came across this really pretty little design by Maryse Dupont, called 'Spring is in the Air' --had to have it, to convince myself it is Spring!



My progress as of last night! It is a quick stitch... and the TRUE colors are so sweet and soft...crappy weather makes ugly snapshots of fabric and colors... sorry!

I am gearing up to do some more finishing... I think it out as to what I want the outcome to be, then begin gathering supplies, then pick a day to dive in! I have three projects lined up this session... but for my next post! Meanwhile, here is a piece I finished for my stitching buddy Darlene... She really liked it, and I do too!



Front...



The back... love the fabric, works perfectly for this piece I think... and a nice cream chenille around the entire piece just cinches it...



With a little fussiness on top...

That's it for now!

(oh, I posted on my birding blog today also!)

Hugs,

Maggee

20 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Maggee, that's just crazy you aren't getting spring yet. No fair! We've been having lots of storms the past few days. Love your stitchy update. Very nicely done! Have a great weekend.

Barb said...

Lots of pretty finishes. I like the way you finished Live Simply and the Pepsi design. Great that your DH loves it.

Justine said...

Oh Maggee your finishing is adorable! I have just had a fight with my sewing machine today and the machine won... I am inspired and will try again tomorrow! I love the Spring design you chose, the lace looks real!

Vickie said...

Awesome Maggee!
I am not familiar with the Littles. Looks neat.
Spring is in the Air is awesome and gorgeous.

Robin said...

Lovely finishes and a very spring looking WIP! I am not familiar with the Littles either by Hands On Design, so off to go looking for them.

My weather is just like yours except we have had rain off and on today.

Robin in Virginia

Kaisievic said...

Maggee, some gorgeous stitching and finishing there, my dear. I am glad your DH likes his logo - lol!

Sheryl S. said...

Love the Spring is in the Air design. Really pretty.

Linda said...

Beautiful finishes Maggee. Nice progress and starts.

Linda

Tiffany Pincombe said...

Beautiful finishes! And nice progress too.

Brigitte said...

So many beautiful finishes, Maggee, and some more to look forward to.
I love Maryse's designs very much, she has so many different ones but many of them have these pastel colours.
I hope for you that it will soon get warmer and that you can see spring in your garden.

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching Maggee, I am going to start the pretty Maryse one soon .
Hope you get warmer weather soon hugs.

Jane said...

Spring has finally arrived in the UK and the past week has been warm and sunny but it's short-lived and tomorrow brings the rain and gloom back again :(

Your stitching is lovely, the pepsi logo is great, Spring is in the Air is soooo pretty and your piece for your stitching buddy is perfect especially with the co-ordinating fabric and chenille trim x

Good luck with your day of 'finishing', I definitely need to be in the zone for that part of sewing, look forward to the outcome!

Sending some Spring warmth your way
xxx

Melody said...

Your stitching is lovely. The colors is the Spring piece are so soft and pretty.

Beth said...

The Littles is very cute!

Meari said...

The littles are pretty. Love the light colors.

Escargopotte bordados said...

OMG ! very nice finishes

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely stitching, my favourite has to be Spring is in the Air. I love the lace effect.

Carol said...

Really love that Spring Is In the Air piece, Maggee--how absolutely beautiful! Your Live Simply finish is great--perfectly finished :)

Hope spring is settling in for you by now!

Melanie said...

Very nice little finishes!
The Littles design is so pretty. I've seen those before - love the sweet little roses. The left corner reminds me of a pretty quilt I had when I was a little girl.

Sally said...

Beautiful finishes and WIPs Maggee.

Spring started here but now it is rather chilly again and some places have had a covering of snow. Knew it was too good to be true and too early!