Friday, March 27, 2015

FINALLY... I know...

Been in a kind of 'lull' of late... But I AM pretty well caught up on reading blogs... I did not comment on every single one... but trust me, I have READ your blog posts as of last night! I honestly don't know how the day gets away from me! When I worked, I think I got more done... It is different, being home... and hubby here too! He puts a lot of demands on me... When on the rare occasion he is off somewhere, I am rushing around trying to do MY stuff! It is gonna take time to adjust to all of these changes... I know...

I have managed a couple of finishes tho... on those rare occasions when I get to stitch at night mostly...



Here is Willie's Quaker Square 1 by Monasterium Designs, on 36-count R&R Old Town Blend fabric, using HDF silk Embers thread. Loved this one!



Kinda obvious what this is. It is going to be a present for hubby's birthday on the 4th. I MUST find a suitable frame (it is roughly 4 X 4) or make it into something like a wall hanging. Soon!



Amd I forgot to show this piece when I finished it at the end of January. It is called Sew Gigi by Carol at iStitch Designs. Used 25-count white Lugana, and HDF silk thread called Baneberry Light. It is too cute. Can't wait to get it finished... but have to decide on a suitable way first!

Now, I have a puzzle for you... I bought this piece years ago... I just loved it. I was told it was not finished, but it looked good enough to me... However, all this time later, and it really bugs me... so I wonder if ANYone knows the name or designer of it? If so, let me know, so I can pursue the chart colors and maybe finish at least the tops of the trees. I could NOT finish it and call it whimsical, which is not a stretch for me. I have done many pieces in unconventional colors and such... But... if I CAN finish it, that would be nice... Of course, I can try matching colors, but if anyone has the chart... your help would be truly appreciated!



So that is it for now... I also updated Birding Devotee blog today, for those that pop in.

Hugs, Maggee

19 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations on your finishes, Maggee! Perhaps a bell pull for the iStitch piece. I like the unfinished piece you have, but I don't have a clue to the designer or chart name. Enjoy your weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Barb said...

You have several lovely finishes!!!Sorry, I have no idea about the mystery piece.

butterfly said...

What beautiful stitching.
Oh I do now how hard it is to ajust to having hubby around all day , my BP is up now ha.

Sally said...

All your finishes are lovely Maggee.

Your unfinished piece is very pretty. I have no idea who the designer is.

Justine said...

Lovely stitching Maggee! I can't help you with the unfinished piece either.

Brigitte said...

Ohhh, this Quaker square is so so beautiful. I absolutely love it. Great little design from I-Stitch.

I can't help your with the unfinished design, I have never seen it before.

Carol said...

Hi Maggee--Love the little bird background on your blog! So sweet :)

Your newest finishes are so nice--the first one has such lovely colors in it... Sorry, I have no idea about the designer of that piece you bought--hopefully, someone can answer your question.

Enjoy your weekend!

Ranae said...

Lovely finishes
I don't know about the unfinished piece, sorry
I do hope you find out about it

Vickie said...

What a range of finishes Maggee. I would just match colors and make a few trees!
My husband works part time out of the house and part time in. Has for years now. I am still not used to it. Or, I suppose I am used to it, I just don't prefer it!

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the great finishes Maggee. Sorry, can't help with the chart.

Linda

North Country Stitcher said...

Maggee,
So glad to see that there was enough of the embers I sent that you could finish the piece. It looks amazing. Sorry can't help with the mystery.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Sew Gigi - beautiful! blessings, marlene

EvalinaMaria said...

Lovely finishes, well done!
Evalina, This and that...

Trace4J said...

Beautiful stitches.
Happy Spring

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Love the Quaker piece. I know exactly what you mean about hubby. LOL! Have a good week.

Katie said...

Lots of beautiful stitching going on at least. Sorry can't help with your mystery.

Irene said...

bellissimi i tuoi ricami

Melanie said...

Lovely little finishes! :)
A Google reverse image search turns up nothing on your unfinished piece. It seems you are the only person to have ever posted such an image to the internet. That's got to be an accomplishment of some kind, right?
I think it would look perfectly fine as is when framed with mats right up to the edges of the pattern. No one would ever think it was unfinished in that case. :)

Beth said...

What a pretty I Stitch piece Maggee!