Saturday, February 7, 2015

Quick Update... more to come later...

A big Thank You to those of you who have inquired and prayed for my Granddaughter with the surgery on Monday. Just wanted to say she came through it well, according to the neurosurgeon. It took a shorter amount of time than usual, and the doctor said that was because the films and scans were so good, he knew just what to do. There have been some ups and downs in the recovery process and her discharge on Thursday, but she IS home and it is being worked out. The main problem is that when the pain becomes too great, she gets upset and very panicky. Time will take care of this, along with our prayers and the loving care of family.

Again, I want to thank you! Prayers move mountains!

(Unfortunately, I had to leave on Tuesday because I wasn't feeling well, and found I had pneumonia again (seems like at least once a winter I get this!). But no one is showing symptoms in NC so that is good! And I have started to feel better, so all is good!



Hugs,

Maggee

20 comments:

Vickie said...

God bless you Maggee. You know I am praying for you all.♥ Take good care.

Robin said...

Maggee, thank you for the update! Continuing to pray for your granddaughter as she goes through the healing process. Glad you are feeling better as well!

Robin in Virginia

Vicki said...

Great news about your granddaughter, praying for both of you!

marly said...

Great news! So sorry about your health but if you are starting to feel better - great news too!

Linda said...

So glad your granddaughter is doing okay. Sending hugs and happy thoughts your way.

Linda

CalamityJr said...

So glad to hear the good news about your granddaughter. Hopefully she'll feel better each day and the pain and panic will be gone. Take care of yourself!

Beth said...

Wahoo! Great news. Now you take care of yourself!

stitchersanon said...

Oh Maggee, I'm so sorry. I missed all this. I will add belated prayers for your grandaughter and for you. Pneumonia is horrible, so look after yourself!

Barb said...

Glad things went well for your granddaughter and hope they continue to . I love that saying Be Joyful.....you know, that would really make a good cross stitch piece.

Katie said...

So glad she made it through the surgery. Jeremiah got a major surgery and his pain after was so extreme. He pretty much screamed for 6 weeks. It's so hard to watch children go through pain. I hope her pain eases quickly and this surgery was the answer she needed.

Now get better yourself. Will send you lots of healing thoughts.

Melody said...

Take care, Maggee! I hope you and your granddaughter are on the mend!!

Brigitte said...

I was thinking a lot of your GD and it is soooo good to read your update and to know that everything went well with her surgery. Now she needs time to heal.
I hope you will soon be completely recovered from pneumonia.

Pam in IL said...

Thanks for the update on how your granddaughter is doing. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Stitchinowl said...

Maggee, So glad to hear everything went well. Prayers that she continues to make a good recovery.
Carolyn

Barb said...

So happy the little one is doing fairly well. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. I hope you continue to get well.

Carol said...

I was so relieved to read your post, Maggee, and here that things are going well... I hope you recover quickly, too--I'm sure the stress of the operation took it's toll on everyone in your family... Sending hugs and prayers your way!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

So glad thing worked out okay for your GD. You take care too. Hugs.

Brenda said...

I hope both you and your GD will get better ASAP!!! Sending you big hugs and LOTS of prayers!!

Melanie said...

Get better soon, you!!!!! *hugs*

Margaret said...

Good news about your granddaughter. Has your doctor not recommended the pneumonia vaccine. My mother had it and has since been free of the recurring pneumonia It lasts 7 years they say here in New Zealand