Monday, February 16, 2015

ISO: HDF regular silk called Embers

Well, it's still winter isn't it? Brrrr... it is 19 degrees, feeling like 7 degrees. NOT my fave! So, I have been very flighty... guess it is winter doldrums. But I am moving from one project to another to another... I get bored after working on one, so move to another. And then I decide to start a NEW one... thus my post title.

I started a Quaker piece by Monasterium called Quaker 1. Using an R&R overdyed fabric called Olde Towne Blend. It's a really nice color, and so soft. I had this kitted up with a nice variegated thread called Embers by Vikki Clayton/Hand Dyed Fibers. Obviously, kitted for a while, since Vikki no longer does the silks. Not thinking about this, I progressed nicely... until I cut another length, and noticed that 5 yards isn't going very far! Oh no! I only have one skein!! So I am putting out the request... Does ANYONE have a skein or two of Embers??? Here is what it looks like:


And here is where I am on the Quaker piece... I COULD stop, and frog and use another color of thread... but I am holding out that someone will be able to swap or sell or whatever with me!!



I worked a bit on Tulip Garden... added pink to the mix, cause the gold wasn't working for me in some of the spots. Long ways to go, but it is a pleasurable stitch. I will finish it this year, and am planning to make a small quilted wallhanging with it. Won't that be pretty?


I've done some other stitching, but nothing to show. I am planning to sell off some stash soon. I was thinking to do it on FB but... do you think any of you followers would be interested? I could make a separate page and list them. What do you think?

That's it for now.

Hugs,

Maggee

22 comments:

Mdm Samm said...

pretty start...I love stitching on whites or very soft creams...I do find the variegated and dyed threads look more vibrant..if that helps at all..

CalamityJr said...

I wish I had the floss you need; hopefully someone will! I'd love to see you add a sales page to your blog. That would be much easier than going through FB (since I don't have an account, haha).

Linda said...

Tulip Garden looks great Maggee. Sorry, I can't help you with the floss.

Linda

Heather said...

I think you should put your stash on here as well. I'm sorry I don't have any floss for you but good luck!

Robin said...

I just checked and I don't have the Embers in my HDF collection. Hope someone is able to come up with a skein or two for you.

I don't do FB so I would prefer adding a page to your blog.

Lovely projects you have going, Maggee!

Robin in Virginia

Tiffany Pincombe said...

Great progress on everything and I hope you can find someone with the thread. Maybe if you list your stash that will give someone ideas to trade with you?

Katie said...

Sorry can't help with the floss. Good luck finding it. Yes definitely post it here too just in case.

Vickie said...

No floss my friend. Hope you discover it somewhere.
Such a pretty piece, Tulip Garden is. How is your GD?

Barb said...

I hate to add my post as I have never used That is so frustrating. I would love to see your list.

Beth said...

Hope someone is able to help Maggee. Both stitches are SO pretty.

Robin said...

I checked my HDF rings; sorry, but I don't have any. Hope someone is able to help you out! Lovely WIPs, Maggee!

Stay warm and hunker down with your stitching!

Robin in Virginia

North Country Stitcher said...

Hi Maggee,
Lovely stitching. I have 2 micros of Embers- Single strand Regular 52.2 yds each - dye lot 4/2011. Please let me know if you need them. My email is mountainstitches at earthlink dot net

Lisa M.

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching , sorry can't help with the thread , Phone the company up and see if they can find you one somewhere or they may know of one shop who has some stock left. Hope you are lucky .

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Love the tulips! I don't have any HDF but I'd surely share if I did have some. I'd be interested in seeing what you are de-stashing. Always glad to help. Winks.

Nancy M said...

I'm sorry but I don't have the threads you need, wish I did! I would love to see your stash : )
Nancy

Teresa S. said...

I checked my HDF silks and no Embers :(

Melanie said...

Good luck with your search!!!!! It is a beautiful color if you can get more of it. :(

Melissa said...

I just went to check on my HDF stash. Sorry I wish I had some to share! I hope you find some soon or maybe start substituting floss!

Love the stitching I see!

Kerri said...

I dug through my HDF stash but I don't have that one. I wish I could help. Have you tried posting for it on the HDF message forum? The message board is still open and someone may have it who has a larger stash than I do. Good Luck!

Pam in IL said...

Lovely stitching. Sorry I can't help with the floss you're looking for. It's even colder here with actual temps below zero and windchill of -25 and tomorrow is supposed to be even colder.

Meari said...

I looked through my HDF stash and don't have the color you're looking for. Wish I could've helped you out.

It's c-c-c-cold here, too. Tomorrow is going to be bikini weather... 28F! LOL

Brigitte said...

I do hope for you to have found someone who has the thread and can send it to you. It would be a pity to frog all you have already done on the piece.
Why not list your stash that you are willing to sell here on your blog? There are always stitchers who are not on FB like me.
Very nice progress on your tulip piece.