Sunday, February 22, 2015

Embers Found, and a couple of updates

Thanks to a friendly blogger, Lisa M. , I now have more HDF Embers thread and can continue on with stitching my Quaker piece. Which is what I did last night! First let me show you the package from Lisa, which had more than the Embers thread!



Besides the Embers spools, there were also two Exemplar August spools, which contain lots of green, which just HAPPENS to be the color I have chosen in my mind for the NEXT Quaker I do! Plus, a really really pretty card with a Cardinal on it, and CHOCOLATE!



Here is a closeup of the Exemplar August thread...



I HAD to do something to KEEP this beautiful card, and this frame is perfect! I had found it when thrifting, and MEANT to gift to someone, but it's MINE now! I LOVE THIS!



Here is the progress I made on Quaker 1. I cannot get a great shot, or edit it to show that the thread has red, purple, brown and a smidge of green in it... Maybe one day...

I worked a bit more on Tulip Garden this week, and here is my progress picture. I am very close to reaching the width of the piece.



This past week, we were basically snowed in... though, technically, it was ice on top of snow! Which put me in a mood to stitch a quick wintery piece... This is a freebie by SamSarah. Kinda cute... I think I will finish-finish it today.

Well, that is all for now! Been a great birding weekend, so pop on over to the blog to see!

Hugs,

Maggee

18 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Maggee. Nice progress on your other pieces.

Linda

Vickie said...

So glad you found a new friend who helped you out with the floss.

Jane said...

You have pretty WIPS Maggee and the snowman freebie stitch is very cute!
I would have kept that frame too ~ so sweet and the cardinal looks lovely in it. Enjoy your snow xxx

Robin said...

What a cute snowy finish, Maggee! Glad someone was able to help you out with the Embers thread. The Examplar August looks good. Off to see if I have some of that.

Robin in Virginia

PS Your Quaker and Tulip pieces look great.

Meari said...

Stitching looks great. So glad you found more Embers. Nice of Lisa to send goodies along with it.

Barb said...

Bloggers are the best. I am so happy you got the needed floss!

butterfly said...

Friends in blog land are just the best.
Love all your stitching .

Katie said...

So glad you found the thread you needed and scored some extras too. What a beautiful card and it looks perfect in the frame. Love your stitching. Congrats on the finish. Perfect for the weather.

Melissa said...

How great you go the threads from Lisa, and extras too! How kind of her.

I see you've got lots of lovely stitching on the go!

Off to check out your birdies.

Carol said...

How sweet of Lisa to send you the needed threads and the extra goodies! And the card she sent is perfect in that frame :)

Love your WIPs, Maggee--especially your Quaker. I finished the little Winter snowman freebie last month, too, but sent it away as a gift... He's very cute isn't he?

The Inspired Stitcher said...

How awesome Lisa had what you needed and sent chocolate to boot! That's card is just perfect in your frame too. I stitched that snowman for an exchange once. I really should have stitched myself one too. Yours is so cute! Stay warm!

Pam in IL said...

I love how generous our blogging friends are and that's a great package from Lisa! Your stitching is beautiful.

Kaisievic said...

How generous of Lisa, bloggers are indeed great. Cute snowman finish but I think it is a Glory Bee freebie. I only know this as I literally just downloaded it from their site!

Brigitte said...

Yeah! You have managed to get the ember thread. Lucky you. There are always some friendly stitchers out there who are able and willing to help. I made the same experience when I was short of one WDW thread to finish a project.
Very nice progress on your WIPs. And a lovely winter finish stitched on a very nice fabric.

Sheryl S. said...

Pretty finish and lovely card. So glad you solved the floss problem.

StitchinByTheLake said...

How wonderful that someone was willing to share threads with you! Some people have just been gifted with a generous heart. :) blessings, marlene

Sally said...

Those threads are beautiful Maggee.

Lovely progress and love your cute finish!

Nancy*Glory Bee said...

Actually, the freebie was designed by me, and can be found here under free designs: www.glorybeestitch.com

Nancy :)