Saturday, January 10, 2015

Year End Tally and other exciting things

Well, it is 2015, and I hope that it is a good year for everyone. I am looking forward to new adventures in life and stitching!! So, in thinking along those lines, I did a quick tally of completed projects for 2014:

7 Big projects

16 Small projects

Considering the way 2014 went, I am amazed at those numbers. They include only stitching finishes... Not the sewing projects and blankets I made for Christmas presents. I'm happy with the totals.

For 2015 I just hope to get some stitching done! And maybe some sewing of new projects... I LOVE YouTube! You can find instructions on anything there!

I have my first Small finish for 2015. It is a little piece called Signs of Winter by Bent Creek. I did my very FIRST Colonial Knots for the eyes! Wow--they are super easy to do!! Makes a person rethink former taboos...





And I finished a large piece on the 1st of the Year--Jenny Bean's Christmas Sampler by Shakespeare's Peddler. That makes TWO of my languishing Christmas WIPs done! One to go!! Sorry, it is not yet ironed... Going in the drawer anyway, cause I can't frame it yet.



Plus I forgot to show a few last minute finishes, for ME! My first Tra La La stitches...



The pattern is called Duo Noel I think... this is the Bird...



And this is the sheep



I laced each one, and the backings (same for each one), laced the fronts and backs together, and did the rusched ribbon around the edges, fastening it with gold pins. Love the look! But now I need more gold pins! Ha!

I am going to JOIN a group for 2015. I always say I won't do this, but... this group is going to help me keep moving, slow but sure, on pieces I really do want to complete! It is called the 2015 Turtle Trot. Basically, we share a piece we decided to work on in 2015 on every tenth day of the month. Progress is progress... I will give it a try! My friend Katie did this last year, and it intrigued me enough to join in this year! We shall see... My list of projects will be as follows:

1: Tulip Garden SAL (in progress)

2: Maryse Dupont's SAL from 2014 (in progress)

3: Jardin Prive's 2014 SAL of 'The Way to Happiness' (new start)

4: Christmas Garden by Blackbird (new start)

5: Song of Spring by Blackbird (in progress)

6: Spread the Love by Lizzie Kate (do-over)

7: Holly Sampler (three parts) by Lizzie Kate (new start)

8: Jane Austen SAL piece from 2014 (new start)

9: Little Miss Peepers by Little House Needleworks (new start)

10: Finish the Lizzie Kate Double Flips from a LONG time ago! (in progress since....)

So, for todays Turtle Trot Post, I have been working on Song of Spring by Blackbird. It was a kit from the 2013 Ladies Prim Society. I am about halfway done, but I have determined to finish it this weekend... Here is my progress so far:



And on that note, I am heading upstairs to stitch a little. I will post again soon, cause I have something interesting to share...

Hugs,

Maggee

17 comments:

Vickie said...

Great work Maggee! You have accomplished quite a bit already this year. I am interested in your something interesting. ;)

Robin said...

Congratulations on your finishes (and your colonial knots), Maggee! I really like the bird piece you stitched by Tra La La. What a pretty WIP!

Enjoy your weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Emma/Itzy said...

Lovely finishes! I am also doing Turtle Trot this year, you have some great choices on your list!

Teresa S. said...

I love your 2015 list, Maggee and look forward to watching your progress!

Linda said...

Love the piece your working on Maggee.

Linda

Angela P said...

Lovely finishes :) Great project you are stitching too!

Katie said...

Congrats on your finishes last year. Love all your stitching pictures. The finishes are perfect. I'm glad I enabled you to join TT. It's fun and a great reason to blog about our wonderful hobby. Keep up that gorgeous work.

Barb said...

You have some wonderful finishes!!Good luck on your goals for 2015! You did just great last year. Your finish for Duo Noel is beautiful.

Brigitte said...

Oh wow, the year is still young and you have already accomplished so much. Love the two finished pieces and wow, even two finish-finished pieces. Tralala has such nice designs, I love them all.
Good luck with your Turte Trot SAL. As far as I have read on many blogs it really works.

llknbillburg said...

Love your finishes!! And good for you for making a dent in those WIPs!! Laura

Carol said...

You should be very proud of these beauties, Maggee--I especially love Jenny Bean! I'm another who loves Colonial Knots so much more than French Knots :)

I sure hope 2015 is a calm year for you after the ups and downs of 2014. You sure deserve it :)

Enjoy your Sunday!

Melissa said...

Maggee, you did great last year and you are off to a good one this year. Nice finishes and you got Jenny's Christmas Sampler done - yay! I know you were worrying about finally getting it done!

Claudette497 said...

Welcome to the TT! You're off to a great start for the year! I have the Jardin Privee piece in my WIP list, but it didn't get into the Turtle Trot, so I'll have a good time watching yours instead.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

You go girl! I love the duo finish. That ribbon just sets it off perfectly. I like the idea of the turtle trot. I use the TUSAL in a similar way. I'll look forward to your updates and promise to cheer you on!

Beth said...

Wonderful starts and finishes for the new year!

~ Toni ~ said...


Your Tra La La pieces are adorable and love the finishing on them. :) Looks like you will have some fun projects to work on for the Turtle Trot this year. Happy Stitching!

Melanie said...

Hey, that's way more than I finished in 2014 at least. :)
Love the new pieces!! I literally *just* added that Bent Creek design to my wish list on 123stitch earlier today. NO lie. (I was looking for a winter pattern that I didn't know the designer of and that one popped up in the search.) That's too funny that this is the 2nd time I've come across it today. How random! Your list for the Turtle Tot doesn't seem too crazy to me at all. Good luck with it!! :)