Sunday, January 18, 2015

Quick post with finishes and an addition!

It is getting late, and I want to go stitch... where DOES the time go! I have a few finishes to share with you...

I finished Song of Spring by Blackbird Designs finally!

Then I did two of the languishing Lizzie Kate Double Flips from days of old. I will lace them, so that I can pop them in and out of one frame. It has been a long time since I stitched one of these... and I have different tastes and methods. Decided I did not want the circle of teal blue on the Learn one... it looks great as is. Listen is not one of my faves, but when it is hanging, it will look fine.

I am currently working on finishing a part of an old BAP called Sachet by Marc Davis (Needlemania), a gifted stitcher and blogging friend. He influenced me in how I stitched my Rosemarkie, as he did his in purple thread, but on white fabric. And he was the first one that ever mentioned Woodlawn to me, and we almost met there one year... Consequently, when I was picking fabric for Sachet, my LNS owner/friend was helping me choose colors. I wanted to do it in green. She showed me a wonderful green fabric, and we played around with threads till I settled on Grasshopper by then-Crescent Colours. When she was cutting the fabric, I asked the name of it, and it was 'Woodlawn'! How apropos! I really don't want to stitch the whole piece anymore, so have decided to just do the top band. I am nearly done. Then I will finish-finish it somehow, so I can display it year round. It is a pretty, non-seasonal piece. I will probably post the 'finish' later this week.

Now for the addition... I started a NEW Blog. For Birding... It is called...drum roll... Birding Devotee !! Clever eh? Pop on over and see the latest snapshots I have taken. I will share pictures that I take every day of my birding buddies. I have the date setting on the pictures now, so I can keep them straight! Me and my camera are getting well acquainted! The Birding Devotee blog is a work in progress right now, as I configure the background, add stuff, etc., so come back and see what is happening from time to time, or put it in your reader so you will be notified when I have a new post. I appreciate your visits and comments!

Hugs,

Maggee

18 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Maggee.

Linda

Robin said...

Congratulations on your finishes, Maggee! Look forward to seeing your finish of Sachet. Off to check out your birding blog.

Robin in Virginia

Barb said...

Great finishes!! I love that BBD chart. I'll take a look at your birding blog too.

Catherine said...

Sweet stitches! Now I am off to see about the birds!

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching love the first design.
Congrats on your new blog I will take a look later.

Lois said...

Love your BBD finish Maggee - congrats on your first finish of 2015! Also, well done on completing the L*K! I have a number of pieces like that which are just lanquishing, looking at me reproachfully!!!! Good luck with your new blog!

cucki said...

Wow super sweet stitching x

Vickie said...

Good for your getting those done! I am sure it feels so good.

Faye said...

Beautiful work Maggee!!!

Katie said...

Congrats on your finishes! Too cute!!

Angela P said...

Congrats on the finishes!

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful stitching! Congrats on the finishes.

Carol said...

Such a pretty new finish, Maggee! And I'm excited about your new blog--have fun with it!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Way to go on that finish, girlfriend!

Melissa said...

Congrats on your finish! It is so spring-y! I will pop by your new blog in a mo.

Brigitte said...

So nice to see your BBD finish, and although it's still the middle of winter I sometimes start feeling a bit spring-y, lol. Nice LK stitching as well.
Great that you have a bird blog now. I'll try and visit from time to time.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely finishes, Maggee and I can't wait to see the piece stitched on Woodlawn fabbie. Just off to check out your new blog now.

Sally said...

Lovely finishes Maggee. The BBD is so pretty.