Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A little bit of this and that...

January seems to be the month to hop around from one project to another. For me, it is a little bit of wanting to finish what is started for the NEW year, but then... I get the urge to stitch NEW things! Oh well... at least I am stitching a little bit!

First is my 'finish' of Sachet by Needlemania. Tho I loved the design years ago, my fascination to finish it is long past gone. So, I hemmed and hawed and decided to just finish the one row I was doing... I can figure out how to finish it for display... so, here is Sachet (abbreviated) stitched on 32-count R&R Woodlawn, using Crescent Colours Grasshopper thread :



Then I decided to work on one of last year's SAL's some more... The one by Maryse Dupont. Here are a couple of shots of my progress:





And then, I felt like stitching on something smaller in count, so I started a project on a really nice piece of 40-count linen, called French Vanilla Swirl... and I really like it! I just picked out some DMC favorites to use. This is Walk Humbly by My Big Toe Designs:



And my last little bit of stitching is a piece called Sew Gigi by my friend Carol, of iStitch Designs. It is over one on a piece of 25-count White Lugana, using one strand of Hand Dyed Fibers Baneberry-Light silk.



So I might get a little more done before the month is over, but I at least met my personal goal to work on smalls for the Smalls SAL 2015 --I think I have that covered in the last post and with my Sew Gigi, and maybe Walk Humbly.You don't have to FINISH one each month, just share... Plus I am working away on ten WIPs for the year for the Turtle Trot ... Doing good!

I will be going to stay with my eldest and her family soon, as their youngest has to have Brain Surgery to correct a Chiari Malformation. It is very serious, so I ask for your prayers for the very best results and strength for all of us as we wait and during recovery. Thanks so much!

Oh ,P.S. I posted again at Birding Devotee today! Hugs,

Maggee

18 comments:

Vickie said...

Good for you Maggee. You have obviously found a bit of time for yourself.
I am still praying for your granddaughter.

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching! Keep it up. I will definitely be sending thoughts to your eldest. I hope this surgery goes fantastic and everything is resolved as hoped.

Barb said...

Wonderful WIPS. I will for sure keep that little one in my prayers!!! I will be thinking of all of you.

Linda said...

Loving stitching Maggee. Sending hugs and happy thoughts your way.

Linda

Stitchinowl said...

Gorgeous WIPs. Praying for your grandchild that the surgery goes well, and that there is a good result.
Carolyn

marly said...

You have your share of family health issues too. Hoping and praying for a great outcome, please let us know.

Irene said...

bellissimi i tuoi lavori

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching .
You are all in my prayers I am sure all will be well.
Will be thinking of you hugs.

llknbillburg said...

Glad to see that I am not the only one working on a thousand projects right now!! LOL!!! I think the work is good as long as you're making progress on something!!!

Will send positive thoughts your way with regards to the surgery. Laura

Carol said...

Oh, Maggee, I will definitely be keeping your little granddaughter in my prayers... I can't imagine dealing with something as serious as that. Sending a warm hug your way. (Lovely stitching, too, by the way!)

Von said...

Will be praying for your sweet granddaughter and this serious surgery will be very successful!

Kate said...

Thoughts and prayers to your and yours Maggie.

Marie said...

Prayers sent for a successful surgery.

You certainly have a basket filled with stitching. All are so very pretty. I really like Walk Humbly and just might need to get that design.

Robin said...

Lifting your granddaughter and your family up in prayer.

What fabulous stitching you shared! I like them all, but really like the MBT piece and the iStitch piece. It looks really good in the Baneberry.

Thinking of you!

Robin in Virginia

Melissa said...

You've got lots of lovely WIPs to get you busy, Maggee!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

You know what would be fun to do with that Sachet piece? A project bag! I bet Faye could work her magic on it. Just a thought. Love your progress on the others too! Have a good week!

Melanie said...

You always have a great selection of WIPs!
Lots of good thoughts for the surgery. I have a friend named Heidi who has that affliction, weirdly enough, as I know it's very rare. :(

Brigitte said...

Great stitching on various pieces. I like doing that as well. Various projects and various styles keeps my mojo alive, lol. And yes, it happens from time to time that you pull out a project or chart and then realize that you don't like it any longer. Why bother to continue stitching on it? There are so many wonderful projects around ...

I'll keep thinking of your little granddaughter.