Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas!! (and catch-up stuff--picture heavy)

Whoa! The time has just flown by... but finally I can post and share. I need to go back to Thanksgiving, because I received an 'early' Christmas gift from my oldest daughter and her family when they came up the Tuesday before... they got tickets for me and Jessee to see Mannheim Steamroller in concert in my area!!!





The concert was AWESOME! They are quite entertaining... We had really good seats, but because we got there about 5 minutes late...(due to rain and traffic) we had to wait to go down to them. So, when we DID go to our seats, they were in the middle of a row and we had to disturb quite a few people to get to them. I saw two end seats two rows ahead and 'suggested' to the usher that we take those until someone comes along wanting their seats back or... So we did, the new seats were just as great (about 8 from the front, close enough to get 'snowed on' during one song!) and we had a great time! I never ever expected anyone to remember that YEARS ago when they came, and a work friend went, I was bemoaning about missing it, cause I didn't know soon enough, plus the tickets were SO expensive... But apparently Jessee did remember that!

Now on to December... I have been busy sewing and making Christmas gifts for family and friends, in between LIFE. Without further delay, here are some pictures:

For my daughter Tracy, who did not get one last year... and felt left out...(I did not think she would like them... go figure!)

For Tracy's husband, AJ, tho for the life of me, I cannot get it to show straight!!!



This is my first attempt at a Pillowcase for my oldest granddaughter, Tori, who is 19 and likes purple... (grrr again... so sorry!)



For my second granddaughter, Maghen, who is 16...



For my third granddaughter, Kenzie, who is 14...



And for my youngest/4th granddaughter, Olivia, who is 4... (By now, I really like making these pillowcases... they have french seams which were interesting to do... but I LOVE YouTube tutorials!



I also tried my hand at making Project bags. This one went to a stitching buddy, Sheryl...



Not bad for the first try! I will do more with them in the New Year.



And I made my first lined bag. Can't remember whose stitched piece that is... but it was a fun, easy stitch. Went to another stitching friend, Darlene...



The lining...Love this ticking fabric! Got it in a couple of colors.



Made this cute little ornament, a freebie by San Man Originals. To another stitching friend, Patti.



The back of the San Man ornament...



And stitched this pattern on an overdyed fabric I received at PALS last year. Not sure of the count, but it was interesting to stitch on. I laced it...



And also laced the back, then put them together, laced them and used a piece of antique lace for the outside edging, interspersed with purple pins. For Sheryl...



Closeup of the top details...



Stitched a couple more ornaments...Peppermint Paul on the left and a freebie on the right (sorry, forgot to get the name)--for Sheryl and her husband, Paul...



The backs...

And I was GOING to show the framed Campfire picture, but it is sideways too, and I just don't want to show it that way... However, it is wrapped and under the tree right now, so I will have to show it after Christmas! The problem is some of these pictures were taken with the iphone and they are not compatible with blogger! Grrrrr...Moving on...

Next are some gifts or exchanges I have received. Without further ado...

Shirlee and I did a personal ornament exchange this year again. The next few pictures are what I received from Shirlee...(I totally neglected to take pictures of what I SENT to Shirlee, so, unless she shares... you have to trust that I sent some nice things!)



The entire contents of the package from Shirlee...



An ENTIRE set of floss from Sullivan's. In Spring colors! I can hardly wait to start using them... They are new to me. Feel kind of silky...



The stitched ornament, which is by Little House Needleworks I believe. Love the color! It is flawlessly finished.



The back of the ornament... really cute homespun-type fabric...love it!



Two little notepads, one of which has been in use since the day I opened the package!! I write notes everywhere, about everything!



This little mirror is so Adorable--it went right in my purse. Tho I might take it from there, because I rarely see it... May have to pose it somewhere... I love the birds! And the saying!



The lovely sparkly Christmas card and some scented hand lotion are next.



And a chart by The Cat's Whiskers called Noel...Naturally, and white Dinky Dyes silk to use. I am thinking I will stitch that on Christmas, when all the festivities have slowed down...

Next are a couple of stitched gifts from other friends...



This Lizzie Kate design is stitched by my friend Maureen. Didn't she do a fabulous job? She has been a busy bee this year, stitching many lovely ornaments!



The back



Cute little penguin (I also like penguins!) stitched by Sheryl and on one of those little sleds by Foxwood Crossing that everyone is using this year.

I did some thrifting recently, and wanted to share two items that I really, really like...



Found this Nativity set at a local antique mall. It really caught my eye--I just had to have it! And I do!



And found this angel at one of our local thrift stores... There are so many cute things about this angel... I love copper, and her wings are copper. She has yarn hair. And her arms move. Plus she is simple, plain but the message is to the point! Hanging on my office door!

I am winding down now... just wanted to share my FAVORITE ornament that is ALWAYS on my tree...The little Cupie Angel that my mother made for me a long time ago! She crocheted the little dress and wings. Love love love it!



So that's it... I finished just in time, cause I need to sit and relax now for a bit before I go to bed... So nice not to have much left to do! Just start cooking...

I wish all of my friends in blogland a Very Merry Christmas! I'll be back after Christmas!



Hugs,

Maggee

14 comments:

Teresa S. said...

Wonderful post, Maggee!
When I have trouble with pictures turning the wrong way (and I do) I upload my photos to my Picasa web album and then put them to blogger.
Maybe this can help you too.
Merry Christmas!

cucki said...

Everything is so sweet
I love the angel so much

Merry Christmas for you and your family!



Robin said...

What a lovely post to find from you this morning, Maggee! I really enjoyed your pictures of the things you have created and have received.

Wishing you and yours a very joyous Christmas!

Robin in Virginia

Carol said...

What a fun, festive post, Maggee!! The pillowcases for your granddaughters are wonderful (four granddaughters--you lucky woman!!).

Love the ornaments you sent AND received... Your tree will be very special this year. So glad you were able to see the concert--I've always wanted to see them, too. Maybe next year?

Merry Christmas, Maggee!

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR BIG HUGS LYNDA RUTH

Barb said...

All the gifts you made are so thoughtful. I'm sure everyone will love them. All the pillow cases are just adorable!

Linda said...

Wonderful post Maggee. You have received some lovely gifts.

Merry Christmas
Linda

Pam in IL said...

Lovely exchange and ornaments!

Merry Christmas!

marly said...

Great post and stitchery! Hope you relax and have a Merry Christmas!

Vickie said...

How awesome of Jessee to remember! What a beautiful, stitch filled post. A very Merry, Blessed Christmas to you both!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely long post, Maggee, filled with lots of gorgeous Christmas stitching, too. I can see that Santa Shirlee has been very kind to you, too! Merry Christmas, my dear.

Kaisievic said...

P.S. I use an App called Flick to send photos from my iphone to my computer - I just rotate them in Preview once I have saved them to a folder and then upload them to my blog. It sounds fiddly but it is actually very quick.

Melanie said...

Oh mah goodness! So much great stuff here! Your needle (and sewing machine) have been hard at work lately, churning out the goodies. :)
Merry Christmas!!!!!

Katie said...

Lots and lots to comment on. Love all your beautiful work. Great gifts given and received. Love your finds and the cupid your mom made is too cute.