Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Progress on WIPS and stuff...

I thought I might share what I have been working on the past month or so. I do try to carve out some time here and there to stitch or whatever. It's not that we are ultra busy, cause we aren't... Not so sure where my day goes sometimes...

So, here we go...



This is one of two PINK pumpkins I decorated in honor of Pumpkins for Cathey Day, which was (and always will be) September 27th, but heck... it is the thought that counts! I HAVE had her in my thoughts for WEEKS! I loved her endearing spirit, and miss her, as do many of you in stitching blogland. Also shown is my latest Pink finish, which I made into a standup. I like it!



This one is more simple, and my favorite. And it shows the Pink Cube I made in 2008, to commemorate being cancer-free for a year! Now it is 7 years since the surgery, and 2 since I finished the daily pill treatment! Don't forget to get your Mammogram!



This is what I am seriously working on...until I get bored or cross eyed! It will be for my son-in-love for Christmas. I have progressed more on the green than is shown here, and it is looking good.



In between working with the black, I took out this Christmas piece by Nancy at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe. You would think I would fly through it... but no...



That's because I got this urge to start an entirely NEW project by Little House Needleworks called Simplicity! It is so cute, and I have no idea what I will do with it-yet!



And I brought this WIP out too, for a possible Christmas finish! But it would be for me. Maybe... Of course it will be framed.

That's it for the stitching front. On the home front, my husband is doing well I think. Will know for sure this Friday, when we get to see the neurosurgeon and get the results of the CT scan done Monday. I hope and pray that his brain has begun at least to shift back to the center of his head, and that all is well. We shall see...

THANKS for all of your continued prayers and words of support. They mean a lot to me, and even keep me going some days!

Until later,

Hugs,

Maggee

18 comments:

Vickie said...

You know I LOVE the pumpkin! ;)
Very nice pieces you have going on Maggee. I am praying for you and your DH.♥

Cole said...

Cathey is in all of our thoughts, a lovely tribute for Pumpkin Day!

Great stitching. My prayers are with you for good results on Friday!!

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching xx

Pam in IL said...

Your stitching is looking great! I have so many designs waiting to be started. Congrats on being a survivor! My mom is a 15 year breast cancer survivor but has developed a rare lymphoma and we're waiting to see the oncologist next month, hoping she's in remission.

Keeping you & your husband in my thoughts and prayers.

butterfly said...

Such wonderful stitching.
My thoughts are with you and your famaiy.

Mii Stitch said...

I have Simplicity in my stash and I'm trying so hard to wait and finish what I have started first but reading your post... I am even more tempted :)
I simply love your work on the black fabric, what is the name of the chart/designer?? It looks absolutely stunning!!!

stitchersanon said...

I think it is hard Maggee, for those of us who have had the same battle, to then have to remember one who lost it. I found it ever do difficult: a combination of fear and survivors guilt, compounded by the fact she was such an amazing woman. It would be so much easier if the only people who passed on from this world were horrible, mean and never tried to make a difference in life. So I think Cathey would understand and I personally think the pink pumpkin is perfect!!! Glad to hear your hubby is on the mend. I hope he gets good news soon. Love your WIPS...stunning

Anne said...

It was hard for all of us to have her leave this world too soon. I had been thinking of her for awhile too and her little boy and husband. I think the pink pumpkin is adorable and nice tribute to her. Love your WIP's! The "Lo" design is one I have and wanted to stitch for Christmas but haven't yet! Hugs to you!

Sally said...

I love that pink pumpkin! It's hard to believe it's a year since Cathey left us. A lovely, inspirational lady missed by so many.

All of your stitching is beautiful. Seeing Lo How A Rose has reminded me I really must get mine framed for Christmas.

Continuing to think of you and your husband.

Robin said...

What wonderful stitching projects you shared with us, Maggee! I love your pink pumpkin in honor of Cathey. Keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers and hope the appointment on Friday goes well.

Robin in Virginia

Linda said...

Love all stitching projects Maggee. The pumpkins look great. Sending happy thoughts for your husband's speedy recovery.

Linda

Barb said...

Such a nice tribute! So glad you are one of the survivors. My best friend is celebrating 10 years this year.

Beth said...

The Pink Stitches are great - especially like your wonderful pumpkin. I am glad you are finding some time to stitch and that your husband seems more 'settled'. I look forward to watching you work on Lo a Rose.

Melanie said...

Love your pink stitches. I think of Cathey all the time as well. I do miss her. :(

Carol said...

It's so nice to see that you still have some time for stitching with all you've been dealing with lately, Maggee. All of your pink stitching is wonderful and I know Cathey would be thrilled with your pink pumpkins. I miss her every day and can hardly believe a year has passed since her death.

Love your WIPs, too--hope you can finish Lo, How a Rose soon and treat yourself to a nice frame for it as a Christmas present :)

Katie said...

Oh so many beautiful pieces you are working on. Love them all.

Barb said...

Great pieces. I really liked the Peace Love Cure in memory of Cathy. I miss seeing her blogs too. She died about the same time my dad did. Also ealier this week a friend of mine died to cancer after struggling 5 years with it. I just found your blog and enjoyed it and am following it. I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Sheryl S. said...

Lovely stitching and beautiful pumpkins.