Monday, October 27, 2014

Around the World Blog Hop by Stitching Devotee

My very faithful friend, Vickie, invited me to join this bloghop, so here I go! I love blogging and sharing with all my stitching friends, new and old! So without further ado... I am going to answer a few questions to share with you:

First: What am I working on? What a LOADED question! Because my life has changed so dramatically with my husband's health, I cannot seem to really concentrate on any one thing! But, I have put in a few stitches on... lots of WIPs! And I have dragged a lot of them out, because I WANT to work on them... So here are some pictures of a few of them! I have MORE... but they haven't been touched of late, and I would have to dig to get to them...



Here is the latest snapshot of Camping at Pine Lake. The green part is giving me a fit, thus not very much progress... which made me move on to...



Jingle by Nancy at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe. But for some reason, I felt inclined to move on to...



Lo How a Rose Ere Blooming by Brightneedle... I plucked out some parts that were not pleasing to my eye, replaced them and started stitching... for just a little bit... then the bug hit me again, and I pulled a NEW project out by Little House, called...



Simplicity. It is so dang cute! If only I had stayed with it... I may work it this week again...not much to it. But, I had a really strong urge to stitch an alphabet. So... I dug into my smalls by Lizzie Kate and...



STUCK with this one, called Autumn ABC's, and finished it in two sessions of night stitching! It is on a piece of 40-count fabric too! Yay! I plan to make it into a cube finish... LOVE those!

But, I thought I would show you the rest of my WIPs, that I have at least TOUCHED this year...and that I HOPE to make into finishes NEXT year! (as long as no one ELSE comes out with terrific new designs or SAL's!!)



This is my progress on the Jardin Prive SAL of 2014. I love her designs, and fully intend to finish this baby this coming winter! It is gorgeous so far... one more installment to come, and we will see the completed piece done by all those faithful stitchers who kept up!



And this is the Tulip SAL. I love flowers and borders, in case you couldn't tell... Many people all over the world finished this one right away. It has been done in a multitude of colors... I chose purple as my dominant color for this.



Here is one I started years ago, and thought I MIGHT finish in time for Christmas... hah! Maybe 2015! It is Jenny Bean's Christmas by Shakespeare's Peddler. A really nice piece... just keeps getting put off to the side...



I also did not complete all of the selections from the first year of the Ladies Prim Society. I always do the border first, and am so GLAD when it matches up!



And here is another cute Christmas one I have been struggling to complete. Last time I worked on it was a YEAR ago, at the PALS retreat... But everyone KNOWS you never get anything done at a retreat!



Last summer I thought I would try my hand at a Quaker ball. Started to get low on my thread, and found out it is discontinued... so I put it aside to contemplate how to complete it. I know what I am going to do now, but... have not put it into action!



I love this Lizzie Kate one... but, unfortunately, after stitching it a while, it became apparent that I started it way too high on the fabric! So, I put it aside... (do you see a pattern now??) to again contemplate whether I should continue or start over. I have decided to start over. Eventually! I also seem to have lost the thread for the current lettering... so, just as well...



Then one day I was in a mood to do repetitive stitching... and brought this little gem out. It is The Rose in Morning by Little House Needleworks. But after an hour or so of repetitive stitching, I was over it.

If you notice, three of these WIPs have their project bags by them... I have lots of those! Sure keeps me organized! I may just start making my own... I used to sew a lot, way back when... I might be able to do it again.

Second Question:
How does my work differ from others? Well, you tell me... do I win a prize for the most WIPs yet??? I have more, I promise!!

Third Question: Why do I create (stitch) what I do? I have NEVER been a creative person. This was just a whim one day, and it stuck! Despite the fact that I am like an autumn leaf floating on the breeze right now, I have created a lot of great pieces for others and also for me! And I have received many great pieces as gifts, exchanges and RAKs. I think it keeps me SANE!

Fourth Question: How does my creating (stitching) process work? Cross stitch is multi-faceted. Besides actual STITCHING, there is also the fun of 'COLLECTING the stash', 'ENABLING others to collect their own stash', 'HUNTING down a particular pattern', 'SHARING progress and finishes on a blog and/or FB', to name a few. I partake in ALL of it!

So, the second part to this Blog Hop is to pass the baton on to others, and I invited my friend Beth, who shares her stitching and the nature all around her , with so many beautiful pictures; and Gaynor, who also stitches, but has so many other crafty skills, you just need to go read her blog! Gaynor is a fellow Breast Cancer Survivor, and is raising funds to donate to the National Breast Cancer Research Institute in Ireland. She is holding a raffle for participants, with all kinds of crafty prizes, not just cross stitch! Please be sure to visit their blogs for their posts next Monday!

Thanks for visiting!!

Hugs,

Maggee

20 comments:

Beth said...

Wow - You do have a lot going on there Maggee! I vote for Lo a Rose - I think that will be SO pretty!

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwww
beautiful stitching x

Vickie said...

What a great post Maggee! You have got me sweating however. Wowie zowie you have a LOT of projects going on. Maybe if you just work on Camping at Pine Lake in spurts it won't drive you nuts. It is such an awesome piece. Don't give up!
Hugs and prayers for you and DH dear friend.

marly said...

We all have a ton of charts and they sit and sit and sit. You make an attempt to stitch them!

Robin said...

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your post, Maggee! Also enjoyed seeing the pictures of your WIPs and your ABC finish by LK.

Enjoy your week and may you put in a few stitches each day!

Robin in Virginia

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

What a fun post! I liked seeing all your WIP's. I know that need a new start feeling and if you keep putting in a stitch or two here and there you'll finish them eventually!! :)

Tricia

Brigitte said...

I have read a lot of htese blog hop posts lately and I have enjoyed every single one of them. And it was so interesting to see how the different questions were interpreted.

Seeing your galore of WIPs was a lot of fun and it is good to know that there are a lot of stitchers out there who have drawers and boxes full of WIPs - like me, lol.

Brenda A said...

Lots of lovely WIPs!!!! Thanks for sharing pictures of all of them. :D

stitchersanon said...

Wow, wonderful WIPs. I think your incredibly creative, how else could you have such a good eye for designs? Wonderful post xx

Shirlee said...

What an enjoyable post, although I'm telling you friend ... if I had all those WIPs, I'd need to be put in a straight jacket!

Linda said...

Awesome post Maggee. I enjoyed seeing all your lovely projects.

Linda

The Inspired Stitcher said...

It's always fun to see other people's WIPs. Thanks for sharing them today. Hugs to you!

Carol said...

What a great bunch of WIPs, Maggee!! I enjoyed reading and learning more about you and your stitching--thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

A very interesting post! Love learning about you and seeing all your WIPS.

Melanie said...

This is such a great group of WIP's. I would stitch up every single one of these. I mean, it would take me a hundred years to FINISH them but they are all drool worthy. :)

Katie said...

Thanks of great pieces! Keep it up!!

Kaisievic said...

Hi Maggee, Great post, don't worry you are not alone in the WIP department - I haven't counted mine but I must be well over 50 or 60 now!

laceystitcher said...

It is so much fun to read posts like yours; I enjoy knowing that there are others in the same boat as me! I believe it is part of the fun, and WIPs keep me inspired and looking forward to each day! Enjoy, and happy stitching, no matter how you like to do it!

Pam L in KS

Sheryl S. said...

A lot of lovely WIPs. thought I had a lot but you beat me.

Sally said...

Lots of beautiful WIPs Maggee. Lovely to read more about you.