Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ch..ch..ch..Changes!

I have neglected this blog for quite some time, due to SO much going on. But it is time to update you now...

First off, I quit my job. The stress was debilitating, to say the least! I just figured, I am an ADULT, and I can choose what direction I want my life to go... and it AIN'T in theirs any longer! I had been with them for over NINE years, but that counts for nothing! Poor management, bad decisions, too much work and not enough employees makes a sinking ship. I dislike that my friends there are struggling so much, but... they have choices too. A few have made or are making their decisions, before they are MADE FOR THEM. Now, I should not be getting sick, since I won't be in that sick building. THAT is a blessing! I am thinking about part time work, until I retire. I really want to do something that makes a GOOD difference.

Next, I found three lumps in my left breast very recently (so that stress on top of work stress...!!), and went in to have them checked. I received very poor treatment from the mammogram tech (to the point that I was bruised!!), had little confidence in the ultrasound tech, and do not feel entirely comfortable with the 'doctor' then telling me they are all 'nothing to worry about.' However, without health insurance shortly, it will have to be... So, prayers appreciated. Of course, I will monitor them.

Needless to say, I have not done much stitching. Stress really tired me every day. But I did get some done... First is the project for my husband's sister that has cancer. Remember I started a piece with bright colors, to cheer her? Well, I had it made into a pillow, and we visited her in early May to present it to her. She said she loved it. It was a bittersweet visit. She is fighting the good fight, so prayers for HER are also appreciated!





So, then I have pulled out Prairie Schooler's Garden Sampler, and am working a bit on that...



And a bit on Maryse Dupont's 2014 SAL, which uses my favorite colors: purple and pink, among others...Not much to show yet...



And then there is Magic Garden... I have stalled out on this, sad to say Anne, but I should pick it up soon and get it finished!



Well, that's it for today. It is a cold (65 degrees), dreary day, and I think I will go stitch for a while... maybe even take a nap.

Thanks for bearing with me during this tumultuous time in my life.

Hugs,

Maggee

19 comments:

Beth said...

Tumultuous is right Maggee. Goodness. It is remarkable that you have stitched even one "x" in the last few weeks. All your current projects are wonderful and are ones I could easily see myself stitching too. Take good care of yourself!

marly said...

I applaud you for making a tough decision and hope you will be feeling a lot healthier and stress free. If you're concerned about your tests, go to the facility, sign the paper, and get a copy of the report. If the US showed fluid in the lumps, they are cysts and nothing to worry about. You are eligible for COBRA from your employer even if you quit so grab it. You can drop it later, but if you don't apply now the opportunity is lost.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely crosses. Most importantly, take care of yourself xxx

rosek1870 said...

Lots of prayers headed your way Maggee! I know I do some of my best stitching when I am under stress. Seems to really help. Where did you find "Find Your Happy Place". I just love it and I have someone who could really use the sentiment.
Sending Hugs & Prayers,
Rose
ChristmasCityStitcher.blogspot.com

Vickie said...

Dear Maggee! I am still praying for you.♥

Robin said...

Oh Maggee! Hope you are doing better health-wise now with the stress from work fading into the background and not having to work in a sick building as you begin your new journey. Love your pillow finish and love how you stitched with several colors versus the original monochrome.

Robin in Virginia

missy said...

Good for you for taking charge of your life. So sorry that the evil tech hurt you....there should be a rule that only caring dedicated women can be mammogram techs. Why is it so difficult for them to see us as we are when we go in for a mammogram....we are vulnerable-nervous and tense so please handle us with care!! Great stitching. HUGS TO YOU!!!

Penny said...

It does sound like a stressful time. I know mammograms are never fun, but yours sounds especially traumatic. I will keep you in my prayers, Maggee. What a lovely pillow for your sister-in-law. And I love the Garden Sampler - very pretty!

Anne said...

I'm so glad you made that decision Maggee and to hear that the lumps are not causing concern, although, what a traumatic experience for you to go through! Those technicians sound terrible and should have their parts squished and bruised!! Sending you prayers and your sister-in-law. The pillow you made for her is lovely and sure to lift her spirits. Magic Garden is looking great!! You've come far amongst all that you've been dealing with my dear!! I'll be cheering you on :D Hugs!!

Barb said...

Good for you for stopping a job that is that stressful! I will send you prayers and positive thoughts!
You stitching looks lovely!

cucki said...

Sending you big hugs and prayers dear
You so sweet
Beautiful stitching
Hugs x

Trace4J said...

Praying for you friend and your sis in love.
Woolie HUGS

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh dear friend, if I lived closer I'd come over with some really good tea and the biggest chocolate dessert I could find. We'd sit there and have a good ole fashioned "girl therapy" session. That's a lot for one person to have to endure. You did what you had to do. I'm sending positive thoughts your way with great big hugs!

Melody said...

Good for you that you made the big decision about work. Life is too short to have to work in such a stressful environment! I hope things even out for you soon and stress levels become much lower.

Your stitching is lovely. You have some great projects going.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

A hard decision, I'm positive, and well worth the result it will bring. Peace.
I am keeping you in my prayers for the lumps to be just what they think they are....nothing.
Take good care!

Cindy said...

I understand how hard it was to quit. But the stress will kill you! I am praying the doctor is right. Call if I can do anything. Hugs!

msmartello said...

Kudos to you for quitting your job! Sending prayers to you my friend!
Maureen

Melanie said...

Lots of good thoughts for you!!!!!!! You've been through the wringer - quite literally. That's just terrible and I'm sad to hear of it. I hope things get better soon. :(

Carol said...

It sounds like you made the right decision to quit your job, Maggee--I can imagine how hard it was to walk away, but your reduction in stress will offer you so much more in terms of better health and a clearer head. Good luck to you!

Love your stitching--especially the PS sampler. And I will certainly be keeping you in my prayers...