Thursday, February 6, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday to YOU!

I have not posted in ages... been either terribly tired from working 50+ hour work weeks and being tired at night, OR worrying with all the snow we had! which makes me sluggish... OR the past week my eldest granddaughter is here, dogsitting for my daughter, and I am spending time with her as much as possible in the evenings--lots of stuff keeping me tired and/or otherwise occupied! And I have barely stitched... But.....

It's going to be my birthday soon--the 8th, so...let's have another Giveaway to celebrate! Again, the FIRST FOLLOWER to answer the riddle correctly will win! And win what, you say? Well, I will stitch and finish something special for that person, plus whatever suits my fancy to put in the giveaway, such as patterns/charts, or notions, or...you get the idea. So, without further ado... here comes the next riddle: What kind of bow can't be tied? Do try to figure it out, and not look it up. Stretch your brains, enjoy it... This riddle is courtesy of my eldest granddaughter visiting us...

Tomorrow I will probably get some stitching time in, because my eldest daughter is coming to spend the weekend with me, and then bring home HER eldest!

I am so excited--my youngest daughter bought me two tickets to see Sandi Patty on my birthday! She is coming to a very close, local church, and I am going! The second ticket is for my eldest daughter to join me! Both my daughters used to sing her songs at church, and it is going to be such a treat to hear the real deal! My girls could sing so beautifully... I wish I had record of it!

Here are some pictures of last week's snow (the week before was 'only' about 3-4 inches. THIS was 10+ inches! BOTH times the neighborhoods were NOT cleared and the streets were ice as it melted then froze again!



What greeted me when I woke up Wednesday! Piled against the door, and you can't even see where the walkway ends, the grass begins, and where the brick flower boxes are!



There is my van, covered in snow and surrounded by snow!



Again, the front yard to the right... pristine snow...it WAS very pretty!



And you really couldn't see where the street began and the curbs ended... not so good!

Some of you in the northern states probably think this is nothing, but for THIS area... it was a BIG thing!

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,

Maggee

41 comments:

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

I enjoy your riddles! : ) I hope you enjoy the Sandi Patty concert. I can imagine it will be gorgeous!!!

Happy stitching!
Tricia

capecodgirl565 said...

I would have to say an elbow. Hoping you have a wonderful birthday!

geeky Heather said...

The first thing I thought of was a rainbow!! =) Happy birthday to you!

Diana said...

Is the answer to the riddle a rainbow? What a fun way to have a giveaway!
Have a great birthday!
diana.h@comcast.net

Denise said...

Happy Almost Birthday! I was going to guess oxbow as in a river. Who knows - I saw some good answers already. Happy Stitching.

Robin said...

Love your snow pictures, Maggee! Very envious of your snow! Wishing you a happy early birthday!

Robin in Virginia

Stitchinowl said...

I am going to guess a crossbow.
Happy Birthday in a few days! Enjoy visiting with your daughter and granddaughter. Thanks for sharing your snow photos. Virginia has been getting more snowstorms in recent years. The good news is that you will get more experienced driving in the snow LOL Seriously, stay safe and warm.
Carolyn

Barb said...

How about the bow in bow and arrow. Have a wonderful birthday!! That is lots of snow.

Stitching Noni said...

Happy Birthday!!
Well, I guess I not going to be the first to answer the riddle.... but I can bet you would like to see a "rainbow" right now with all that snow around you!
Hugs x

Sarah Beth said...

Its a bow and arrow.

Beth said...

Rainbow was my guess. Happy birthday Maggee!

Krista said...

I would say a violin bow. Happy Birthday! Stay warm!

Justine said...

My guess is the bow of a ship. Happy Birthday my birthday twin - my birthday is the 8th too! Stay safe in the snow and I hope things slow down for you soon and you can get some "me" time.

Pat Matejcek said...

happy birthday! My answer is a rainbow... Your granddaughter is very clever...

Pat Matejcek said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day. My answer is a rainbow. Your granddaughter is very clever...

butterfly said...

Happy Birthday, sorry about the snow, we are getting floods I really don't know whats better ! hugs and stay warm.

stitchersanon said...

Ooops looks like two kinds of bow cant be tied haha. Happy birthday sweet lady..I am not going to get anything in the post to you which will get to you in time! So naughty to leave it so late to tell us!! Goodness though, you can keep your snow! We havent had any really this year and I'm quite happy with that lol

Mii Stitch said...

Happy birthday!!!! So much snow!! I'm glad we don't have as much as this in the UK. Mind you at the moment we have constant rain... I like the way you've organized your giveway, I'm not too good with riddle but all I could think of was an elbow... Have a lovely day!!

rosek1870 said...

A rainbow! Just wanted to say "Happy Birthday"! When I saw the title to your post I laughed because today is my birthday! So Happy Birthday to a fellow February birthday girl!!
Rose

Trace4J said...

Happy early Birthday!!
Mine is monday.
Have a wonderful day.
Woolie hugs
ps have a wonderful time.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Happy Birthday, the answer is a rainbow. Hugs from Purple Pixie Dust. I am still working on your surprise.

Shirlee said...

I know the answer but someone else has already guessed it so I'll keep my mouth shut : ) I know you hate it because you have to drive in it, but I LOVE seeing all that snow! I wish you a very Happy Birthday my dear friend!!!

Vickie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Maggee! Have you had a snowy birthday before too?

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

Happy birthday to you!AriadnefromGreece!

marly said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like it will be memorable and full of love. Enjoy!

Pam in IL said...

Happy Birthday! I know it's already been guessed, but my guess is Rainbow!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday hon!!! Yep....just as I was about to come post "RAINBOW" as my answer, I saw that others had already beaten me to the punch! Oh well. No worries.

I just hope your day is filled with LOTS OF XSTITCHING and no frogs to visit at all!

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Maggee! Have fun tonight with the girls. Hmmm,that riddle is making me think hard. I saw the other guesses and now I can't think of any of my own! Hugs!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

My first thought was a rainbow! I'd sure like to see one of those right about now. LOL!

Happy Birthday!

Melissa said...

Maggee, just wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday! Enjoy your weekend celebrating!

Melody said...

Happy Birthday, Maggee! I would have to say, rainbow.

Hope your snow melts soon. Here's hoping to an early Spring!!

Cindy said...

Have a Happy Birthday! Enjoy your concert and your daughter coming for a visit! I haven't stitched much either. Sorry I couldn't come las time y'all stitched, please invite me next time. :) I will try hard to make it.

Karen said...

Hope you have a happy birthday! That snow is amazing... wish we could get just a little more in South Carolina.... just a little!

Hope you enjoy your weekend....
happy stitching.

CalamityJr said...

Enjoy your wonderful birthday present! I saw Sandi some years ago and I'm sure you'll be thrilled - it's more like a worship service than a concert.
My first thought was a rainbow.

Emma/Itzy said...

Happy Birthday! Have to say my first thought was a violin bow!

Vicky L said...

Happy Birthday! Have fun at the concert!

msmartello said...

Happy Birthday Maggee! Hope you had a great day! That snow is a familiar sight up here. Double that. And they usually don't close anything. It's been a bad winter so far. Really Really cold and snowy. Can't wait for spring!

Take care

Maureen

Carol said...

Oh, Happy, happy birthday to you, dear Maggee! I hope your coming year is filled with love and laughter!!

Melanie said...

Happy birthday!!! :)
I thought of elbow but a rainbow is so much prettier so I hope that wins. Lol

Simply Victoria said...

Happy belated birthday! Those concert tickets are sure a thoughtful gift. I remember seeing Sandi Patty (back then it was Patti) in concert many, many years ago. Amazing voice! Your daughters must be very talented : )

Bev said...

Hop I can be your 300th follower, found your blog from my friends Stitchers Anon you have some lovely stitched work x