Sunday, February 9, 2014

Birthday Goings-On and the Winner Is...

IF you were to ask me how much stitching I got done this week (not just the weekend), I would have to hang my head in shame as I admit that I have not put in ONE stitch! This has been such a busy time for me... maybe tonight and tomorrow...

Last night we saw Sandi Patty in concert. We were in the second row, and had a great view. Boy, she can SING! And she had Dorothy (of Wizard of Oz fame) BEAT as far as shoes go! Unfortunately, Blogger will not show the pictures right side up... not going to fight with it. You will just have to take my word for it! The shoes were sparkly, in red, pink, purple and silver... platform, probably 4 inch heels. Wow! Look her up on YouTube -- she is very dynamic!

Thanks to all of you for your Birthday wishes. And your riddle guesses. The correct answer was 'rainbow' and the prize will go to Heather ('geeky Heather')! Congrats! And again, thanks for playing the riddle game with me--we did not realize there might be more than one good answer when we posted the riddle! Bloggers are good sports!

Hugs,

Maggee

12 comments:

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Glad you had a good time at the concert! Congrats Heather!! : )

Barb said...

You might not have gotten much stitching done but you had lots of FUN!

Robin said...

It sounded like you had a wonderful time at the concert. Have a wonderful week, Maggee!

Robin in Virginia

Mouse said...

glad you had a fab time and those shoes sound sparklie ...lol and well done to Heather as well :) love mouse xxxxx

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I'm going to tell you something funny....for a years our Priest dogged me about singing in the choir. Every weekend after Mass he would say, I hear you loud and clear, WHY are you not singing in the choir? And I would laugh and shake my head. One weekend he said, You sound like Sandi Patty and your look like her too! I said, Who's Sandi Patty? And He said, Look her up, I can't believe you don't know who she is! Well, I don't know about looking or sounding like her, but that was a huge compliment none the less :)
I bet she was fabulous live and in concert!

Shirlee said...

So glad you had a good time my friend!

Meari said...

Glad you had a good birthday :)

Myra said...

Happy belated birthday!

stitchersanon said...

Happy birthday!!! The riddle was fun xx

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Sounds like an excellent birthday concert. Happy Birthday!!

geeky Heather said...

Happy birthday!!! I was out of town last week for mine! =) How awesome to see Sandi Patty in concert...I wanted to BE her when I was in high school!!

geeky Heather said...

Happy birthday!!! I was out of town last week for mine! =) How awesome to see Sandi in concert. When I was in high school, I wanted to BE her!!