Sunday, January 26, 2014

SALs and Stitching Progress report...

I surrender to the whining! I love snow, but not ice! And snow fell here but turned to ice overnight, so it was not a Winter Wonderland as I expected. Getting to work was quite a challenge--I had to have my hubby drive because no one is safe if I drive! I admit it! Today it is in the mid-40's and tomorrow they predict low 50's so that should get rid of the remnants of ice here and there. And I will be happy!

I managed to get a few stitches in on a few new starts for 2014. I find that I have joined THREE SAL's. Ha! Found a new one on FB--the Tulip SAL. It is a Hungarian designer's piece and it is gorgeous! I have chosen to do it in shades of purple--are you surprised? It was a tough decision because it looks good in pink also! So, now I am in three! C'est le vie! I have not started the one by Maryse cause I haven't got a good piece of fabric yet! Still pondering it... But I REALLY want to stitch on it SOON!

Here is my meager progress on three starts so far:



Find Your Happy Place for my SIL, using Vikki Clayton's HDF called Peacock, which apparently is no longer offered so I could not get a good shot of it. It is a variety of green, blue/teal-y, and yellow. Despite my poor picture, it is IS quite cheerful!



And this is Shakespeare's Peddler, Magic Garden. I am doing this with my friend Anne on Fridays. This is on a really nice little piece of 36-count Lakeside Linen called Bittersweet... has a pink tinge to it. Doing it one over two. Perfect!



And this is my start on the Tulip Garden SAL It is quite a beautiful pattern, and you can take out parts to make smaller pieces and smalls, period. Not much progress last night, but at least it is started on a mysterious piece of 34-count linen, that has a tighter weave than the LL Bittersweet, but has a pinkish tinge also! Am also doing this one over two. I tried it both ways... one is so much better! It really just depends on the look I want and the fabric.

Gotta do laundry, fix dinner, etc... Maybe I will be able to stitch in a couple of hours...

Hugs,

Maggee

17 comments:

Linda said...

Great new start Maggee.

Linda

Marilyn said...

Great starts on all of your projects.
Marilyn

Barb said...

Good luck with all your SALs. They will be fun.

Clare - Aimetu said...

Great starts - it always takes a while for a new start to take proper shape, I'm looking forward to seeing these shape up :-)

butterfly said...

Lovely new starts I am working on Maryse but just one night in my week, hugs.

Shirlee said...

Congratulations on your starts : )

Vickie said...

All three are very pretty. Gorgeous colors.

Robin said...

Wonderful starts on all three projects, Maggee!

Have a fabulous week!

Robin in Virginia

Melody said...

Your new starts look promising! It will be fun to watch your progress.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

All three, nice starts! Can't wait to see what they become when they grow up. Have a good week!

Chris said...

Great new starts, I am beginning to be tempted but I promised myself to finish my wips before I start something new!
Lovely to read back on your blog.. please keep your snow to yourself.. it makes it all tooooo cold... brrrrrr
Chris xx

Lois said...

So, how long has it taken me to realise you have a blog?!?!?! Happy to have found you and now I can keep up-to-date with what you're stitching! Love the look of your new starts and look forward to following your progress!

Peggy Lee said...

Oohhh...lovely starts. I especially like the second one.

Try to keep warm!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Do you have enough Peacock to finish? I have some old HDF in my stash, and would be happy to check for some if you need it. Let me know.

Melanie said...

Great starts! :)
I'm very grateful I don't ever have to drive in the snow. Working at homes does have it's advantages. I feel bad for everyone who does have to do it though. :(

Anne said...

Wonderful starts Maggee...especially the Magic Garden :D Can't wait to see what your progress will be from our SAL on Friday night!! Hugs!

Brenda said...

Beautiful new starts hon!!! I look forward to seeing more of all of them!