Sunday, January 19, 2014

MY scores!

In the spirit of the playoff games today, I have made a tally (finally) of my finishes for last year. It is more than I thought... it was fun to go through and see them again! So, I finished TEN big pieces, with 'big' meaning not a small to be made into an ornie or pillow, but to be framed mostly. And I finished TWENTY FOUR smalls! Hopefully I will be doing the finishing on the last three from last year, which are ornies.

And last night, I finished a BIG BAP project--the Birds of a Feather Mystery Sampler! I changed the color of the alphabet, but stuck with most everything else, colorwise. Today I took out the one sheep... did not like it at all! Looks fine without it, at least to me! So without further ado... here is a quick snap:



I said quick, because I have not ironed it yet. But, I like it. I will put it next to Feather Your Nest, also by With Thy Needle and Thread, upstairs, over the fireplace (unused).

Last night, I also did some planning of what I want to do in stitching this year. Perhaps overambitious, but nonetheless... I have three SAL's I am doing : Maryse's 2014 SAL, Tulip Garden SAL, and a friend and I are going to stitch Shakespeare's Peddler's Magic Garden on Friday nights as a SAL, to get it done! I may not finish the first two in 2014, but I am going to join in the fun anyway. I am stitching from my stash, as in not purchasing new but using what I have. Of course, if I do not have a thread or two... that can be purchased. And eventually I am going to be out of fabric, so will get more! But it is on my mind NOT to increase the stash I have IF I can resist! Big IF!!

I am going to start a new piece (been in my stash a while!) for my SIL Carolyn, who has been going through cancer treatments for a long time--first for lung, and then it spread to her brain. Please say a prayer for her, she is a trooper. I am going to bring it to her when we visit this spring, God willing. Here is a snap from BRD website:

I had chosen a fall colored thread to do it, but am rethinking that, since it is going to cheer someone. I should pick a 'happy' color! Suggestions welcome!

Well, off to do laundry... dinner is cooked, and just needs to be reheated when we get hungry... Still have to make brownies for the Niners Game! Go Niners!!

Hugs,

Maggee

23 comments:

Vickie said...

Your sampler looks great! I always want to stitch my initials in a different color, but N comes before V, and that just seems wrong. I stick with just V in a different color. =)
What a great pattern for you SIL. Might I suggest pink? ;)

Natasha said...

I will keep your SIL in my prayers. Cancer, such a nasty thing!!!!

I agree she needs a happy color. As far as suggestions maybe a varigated color from Carries Creations. Lumière de Cheryl is always a fun color. Can't wait to see what you pick. Have a great day and Yes Niners Baby!!!!

Anne said...

Your SIL sounds very brave to handle all of what she has. Cancer is horrible and I wish we could kick it to the curb. Sending my prayers to her.

Wonderful finish Maggee! I like your changes a lot! 10 big finishes last year! Wow!! Well done on the stitching front. Looking forward to our Friday Magic Garden SAL!!I'll post a piccy on Saturdays I guess...or I could save it for my usual Sunday/Monday posts. Let me know!

Hugs!

Linda said...

Congrats on a great finish Maggee. Sending hugs and happy thoughts for your SIL.

Linda

Myra said...

You had a very productive year! congratulations on finishing the mystery sampler. I just love mine.

Vicky L said...

You did great last year with all your finishes. Congratulations!
Saying a prayer for your SIL. I suggest a bright blue or pink.

Robin said...

Super sampler finish, Maggee! And I didn't miss the sheep at all!

What a wonderful piece to stitch up for your SIL! Adding her to my list for prayer.

Robin in Virginia

Cindy said...

Your finish looks great!

Brenda said...

Good for you for getting so much done last year stitching wise!!!

What a beautiful chart to stitch for your SIL. I will definitely be praying for her.

As for colors for the chart, I would like something along the lines of yellow as I think that is a happy color. But then again, anything pink makes me happy so perhaps that could be used with the yellow also!

Good for you for "stitching from your stash".....minus the consumpution use of thread and fabric. That is something that I probably should try to do this year also. I doubt I would last very long but perhaps I'll try!

Diana said...

I enjoyed seeing your Birds of a Feather. It is very pretty! I am also stitching this sampler. I am on part 3 and hope to have it done in a couple weeks.
I vote for dark pink for your SIL's design.

Clare - Aimetu said...

Congratulations on all those finishes - good plans for 2014, I think SALs help spur you along. Good luck x

Brigitte said...

What a nice piece you finished here. And a great number of pieces that you could finish last year. Congratulations.
I'm also trying to stitch only from stash this year again, it's great to go through your patterns adn magazines and find some hidden treasures there.
A wonderful piece you will stitch for your SIL.

butterfly said...

Your SIL will be in my prayers.
Lovely stitching , love the design for your SIL do you know her Fav/colour I would use that in a var, hugs.

stitchersanon said...

I love your Birds of a Feather...very nice indeed. No idea re: colours but Im sure whatever you choose, it will look beautiful

stitchersanon said...

I love your Birds of a Feather...very nice indeed. No idea re: colours but Im sure whatever you choose, it will look beautiful

Shirlee said...

Congrats on your finishes my friend! Do you know Carolyn's favorite color? I would stitch the BBD piece in that : ) I am so sorry that she is dealing with cancer. I have said a prayer & will continue to pray for her.

Kate said...

Thoughts and prayers to your SiL and your family dealing with this terrible ordeal.
Lovely update on your stitching.

Jackie said...

You had quite the productive 2013! I think sometimes we don't realize how much we accomplished so it's always a great idea to take a look back like you did.

I would also stitch your SIL's project in her favorite color. I'm sure she'll appreciate and derive comfort from your thoughtfulness.

Melissa said...

Lovely stitching! You did a lot last year and you're off to a great start this year!

I have friends undergoing cancer treatment too. Sending a prayer for your SIL.

Barb said...

What a great stitching year you have had! I love the Birds of a Feather Sampler, just beautiful. I'll send prayers to your SIL . We went through it a few years ago with my BIL.

Xeihua (Sara) said...

Congratulations on your finish :) It's lovelly. And I'll be praying ofr your SIL. I would suggest some sort of green (preferable more light than dark) - afterall green is the colour of hope and that is what you need to have :)

Carol said...

Your finish is so lovely, Maggee. I have this in my stash, too, and should really pull it out and get stitching!

I'm sure your love and support is a huge blessing for your dear SIL. What is her favorite color--I'd go with that for that pretty piece :)

Catherine said...

Fabulous finish!! I have that one started somewhere, perhaps I need to dig it out. Sending prayers for your SIL ~ perhaps her favorite color as others have suggested?