Thursday, December 26, 2013

Two Christmas Finishes!!

I actually finished two pieces by Christmas! That HAS to be a record or maybe a miracle! Either way, I am excited!

This is Jardin Prive's Christmas piece... that makes TWO fairly large pieces of hers that I completed this year! Pretty good!

And here is Always Thankful by Erica Michaels, also the second one of hers that I completed this year! This was one of those kits that you do on gauze, which is like a million-count to me! So, I did it on 40-count, and it looks great (or it WILL, once I iron it!). Have to decide how to finish these two...

Forgot to come back and show my Christmas Eve socks:



And for Christmas, I got us toe-sox! They are my first pair... jury is still out on whether I like them or not. They DID keep my toes warm...



I neglected to show another finish that I sent to my sister for Christmas--she should be getting it today. It is one of the Prim Society pieces, but I changed the date from 1837 to 1873, because that is the year both of our paternal grandparents were born! Worked out nicely, and I hope she likes it. I included a Family Group sheet with their info on it, so maybe she will get the genealogy bug! ha!



Christmas was lovely. Quiet for the most part, till granddaughter #4 came over! She is like a little tornado! She loved her blanket--I just received a picture of her wrapped in it, playing with her Leap Pad. I am pleased...

Well, I am off to fritter some more time away on this day off! I did the checkbooks and business books... now I think I will work on tidying up my office and stash rooms...

Hugs,

Maggee

26 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful finishes! I especially love the Jardin Prive piece, so pretty!

There was a woman I'd worked with who would wear theme socks too. It was always entertaining when we knew some holiday was rolling around!

Have a great day!

Karen said...

Great job Maggee! I have always loved the Christmas piece. Happy stitching in the new year....

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching , The Christmas one is in my pile to do. Hugs .

Robin said...

Congratulations on your finishes! I really like the Erica Michaels' one and you made me giggle with your comment about the gauze. What a lovely piece you stitched for your sister! Nice socks!

Enjoy your day, Maggee!

Robin in Virginia

stitcheranon said...

I love your finishes..they are beautiful. Well done! Glad you had a lovely Christmas...I remember getting my son a leap pad..he loved it!

stitcheranon said...

I love your finishes..they are beautiful. Well done! Glad you had a lovely Christmas...I remember getting my son a leap pad..he loved it!

Vickie said...

Oh Maggee! All three of those pieces are wonderful! Boy, you really have a LOT of fun socks. ;)

Blu said...

Gorgeous finishes! I love those toe socks. I'm a big fan because they keep my toes extra warm :)

Kate said...

Gorgeous finishes, especially like the Jardin Privee piece. Not sure I could cope with the toe sox.

Catherine said...

Lovely finishes!! I don't like when socks bunch between my toes, so I am not sure how I would do with those toe socks!

Barb said...

Your Christmas finishes are just beautiful as well as the gift. I love the idea of personalizing a piece. It makes it so special.

Meari said...

Congrats on your finishes. Cool socks... I've really enjoyed seeing.

Michele said...

great finishes!!

Brigitte said...

So great your two finishes, just in time for Christmas. Good to read that you had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing you all the best for the new year!

Myra said...

Your Jardin Prive finish is gorgeous! Such a wonderful sentiment in the other piece and your stitching is lovely. Cute socks! I need to do some organizing around here too.

Shirlee said...

Lovely finishes, & I love the socks : ) I think it's great how you changed the date on the pinkeep to make it more personal.

Anne said...

Very pretty Jardin Prive finish!! I really should get some of her designs as they look so fun to stitch. Great Christmas socks but I think I would pass on the toed one. I don't like my toes feeling constricted and I think those would do it! That pillow you made for your sister is lovely and a wonderful homage to your lineage!! Hugs!

Melanie said...

Very nice finishes!!! I just love the way the colors pop out on the JP piece. Must_resist_urge_to_buy. Heh!
The socks are cute, too.
(I admit to, mmmm, well......... I'll be diplomatic and say toe socks are not for me. :))

Carol said...

So many lovely finishes, Maggee!! I really love that first one so much :)

Hope 2014 brings every happiness your way!!

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Love the socks :)
And I adore the finish!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on your finishes! I really like the Jardin Privee piece.

onemore4gsus said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your stitching!

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the "thankful for" piece. I MUST find that.

Thank you for sharing your talent!

Stitchinowl said...

Very pretty finishes! The Thankful piece is exceptionally special. Glad to hear you all have a festive Christmas - the socks just made me smile :)
Carolyn

♥ Nia said...

Well done!! Congrats on your finishes :D
And happy 2014!!!

Quiltsmiles said...

Gorgeous finishes and on your time schedule too, great work. JAne

Mandy said...

Your Christmas Jardin Prive is beautiful!