Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Projects and Presents

Hello again! Well, it is nearly 9:00 P.M. and I am finally getting to blog! I am tired... Been pretty busy today. I tried to nap, but I have to have certain 'perfect' conditions, and they were not here! So, before I fade off into la-la-land, want to share a bit of what I have been doing.

First is the last two throws. They are TWICE as big as the ones I shared yesterday, as they are for the parental units! First is for my daughter who said she likes bright orange and flowers and birds:



And then her hubby's throw--he is the outdoors type! Can you tell??



The mailman has been visiting a few times this holiday season. Today I received the Project Envelope I won from Vonna (Twisted Stitcher)--it is quite lovely!





And Vickie ( A Stitcher's Story) sent me a set of PURPLE Marking Pins and one of the pens in which she stitched in the barrel!! It is so tiny! Amazing! Love it all! Thank you Vickie!





And before I forget--the Joy of Sox for the day! I believe this was my first set!



Now, onto the trees! My big tree was beginning to show it's age (about 15-20!)and I was threatening to throw it out. This year, my one daughter and family won't be here for Christmas, and the other daughter was going to spend a lot of time with the in-laws so I was actually considering NOT putting it up... Which is a BIG change for me... So I mentioned it to the daughter here, and it must have disturbed her because about three weekends ago, I hear the doorbell ring, and when I opened the door, there was a Christmas tree box! I thought the mailman dropped it off, so I peeked out the door up the street, down the street... nothing... then down the street again, and my daughter's head pops out from around the corner of the house! Giggling... She and her family were out shopping and saw this tree on sale and brought it by, as a surprise! I surely WAS surprised! It is a nice tree, prelit of course! So, without further ado... here is the new tree, with a new topper (after all, the one I had been using was as old as the old tree and not very attractive)





And then, I used to use a small tree from BEFORE the old big one, which I gave to my sister after Katrina. She gave it back to me to use, if I wanted, and it has been in storage for seven years. I decided to use it for stitched ornaments this year, because I have so many now (mostly gifts!), and when I put it up, two branches were broken, and it is NOT prelit! Being the tree-snob that I am now, that wouldn't do! So I popped over to Kohl's last weekend and got a small tree for less than $15 I think! What a deal! So, here is THAT one... with closeups of the ornies here and there!





















You may recognize many of them from last year, when Gaynor (stitchersanon) and I had a Twelve Days of Christmas Exchange. I saw many of mine on HER tree this year, too!

So, before you leave, one more project that I did this year... tedious but the end results were great! I made 42 ornaments, 36 for work and the rest for family and my stitching buddy! I cut strips of double-sided Christmas papers and cardstock, rolled them on a stick, and stuck them into the glass ornaments. Then I tied a piece of ribbon to each, and also made cards to go with the ones I gave out at work. These are for the grandkids... no ribbons. Found the idea on Pinterest! Boy, that can suck a day away, can't it??



I thank you for visiting as always. Tomorrow, besides my sox, I went to the antique mall two days ago, and found a few goodies that I thought I would share with you. And there might even be something in it for one of you! But I'm not saying anything more...

Till tomorrow,

Hugs,

Maggee

19 comments:

Barb said...

This post had lots of great things, socks, throws, nice winnings, and some very pretty stitching!!

Brenda said...

Oh I love your new prelit tree!! It is beautifully decorated!! And what a great deal for the little tree from Kohl's. I might have to go try to find me one as mine is soooo pitiful now after all these years.

I love all the handmade ornaments from your exchanges and the ones you made too with the double sided paper!!! Beautiful hon!!! I love it all!!

Kate said...

What a lovely surprise to receive your new tree, love the ornament tree and those baubles are gorgeous.

butterfly said...

Love Your new tree and the decorations you made . Happy Christmas and New Year.

Shirlee said...

Your trees & ornaments are lovely my friend, & all those stitched ornaments! Great gifts too! I love the socks ... lol! I adore unusual socks, especially Christmas socks, but my one leg swells & I have to find them with very stretchy tops. Not always an easy search. I have enjoyed seeing yours : )

Cindy said...

I love your trees! The socks too! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Vickie said...

Awww, God bless your daughter and family. That was a great thing to do. Our first Christmas in our first home, we decided to not put up a tree. We moved in 3 weeks before Christmas! My mom, her husband and my brothers came while we were gone and brought us a real tree, set it up and decorated and lit it.
Your trees look fabulous Maggee.

Beth said...

You got your throws done! Yay! Such pretty trees Maggee. So cool that you have so many stitched ornaments to display. Merry Chirstmas.

Vicki said...

Merry Christmas, Maggee! The ornaments you made are so cute. I'm putting them on my list of "Crafts to Try".

msmartello said...

Love your trees Maggee and the throws are great. I made one for Madison a few years ago for her birthday. She wraps herself in it every morning. Love the christmas ball project. I was just thinking I am going to get some of those to put my orts in and hang one on my ornament tree next year.

Merry Christmas!

Maureen

Robin said...

Both your trees are gorgeous, Maggee! What a special tree you have created with your stitched ornaments! Love the ornament ball idea! Thank you for sharing!

Robin in Virginia

PS Cute sox!

Mouse said...

awwww what a nice surprise with the tree which looks gorgeous and also the stitchy tree too ...
cute socks and lovely baubles :)not to mention the throws :) love mouse xxx
ps hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very Merry Stitchy New Year :) love mouse xxxxx

Jane said...

Lovely Christmas trees Maggee and the ornaments are wonderful.
Love the bauble idea, that's on the list for next year, would love to have a go at the throws as well!
Merry Christmas to you and your family ~ have a wonderful time xxx

catherine's sewing corner said...

Everything looks great Maggee and wishing you a merry Christmas
x catherine

Anne said...

What a lovely gift your daughter gave to you. I think it's very disturbing to us kids when we hear our parents won't put up a tree!! Love all of the ornaments displayed Maggee!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!! Hugs!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What a fun post. I love all your ornaments and crafting. I agree about Pinterest. Merry Christmas!

Catherine said...

Such a fun post!! Loved seeing all of your goodies!

Melanie said...

From one broken down tree to two totally awesome ones. Christmas miracle?? Could be! How fun.
Oooo, Pinterest got you BAD. I can see why though because those are super cute. It's great selection of papers inside them too. Fun fun fun!

Mandy said...

Your ornament tree is great! I have one too. It's nice to look at them all & remember the stuff that goes with them!