Friday, August 30, 2013

Yeah, yeah... I know it's been a LONG time...

Grrr... I tried to post this last week, but blogger was just not cooperating! It wouldn't accept my pictures when I uploaded them, and when it finally did, they were sideways!! But today is a better day!

Time sure does get away from me--how about you? It's almost the end of summer, technically speaking. But here in my area, September is a gorgeous month and one where I can begin to get back to the beach cause the 'season' has ended for most! Yay!

I have been doing SOME stitching. For instance, I started on my John Foster Sampler--and finished the border! Then I had to put it away (other projects had to be done)... but... it's started!



Last week I completed LHN's September... wonder if I will get inspired to do October before it comes??! I have lots planned... probably not, tho these monthlies are quick and easy stitches.



I will get some finishing done this weekend, so more later...

Since it will finally be beach season for me, I will show you my displays...Earlier in the summer, I stitched a new set for my wall with the little frames--SeaShell.



Then I switched out my hutch to a beach theme...First the wall above the hutch. I found the picture at a store in NC and got it framed. It so reminds me of Ocean Beach in San Francisco, where I spent many an hour walking and playing.



Then these are some store bought finds I love...



And one more store bought plaque...



One of the times I went to the beach, I found this great shell...



And these shells and driftwood were also found down at the beach on one of my trips. I let the driftwood dry outside the rest of last summer, then put it in a baggie until now, and it was damp again! Wow! (thus the saran wrap underneath it so it will not ruin my hutch)



I have LOTS more to blog about, but never time! Before I go, have TWO excellent things to share. First, a friend at work surprised me (BIG TIME) with this:



Can you believe it??



Just out of the blue...



And this HAS to be my most EXCELLENT find at a second hand store EVER!! It makes me smile every time I go by it... and I actually make extra trips just to look at it and smile some more! Is this not the most beautiful watering can ever?? Got it for $10!! I have been on the lookout for another one or ten, but when I find somewhat similar ones, they start at $80! Dream on!



That's it for now. Going to close, but I will try to post again this long weekend!

Hugs,

Maggee

16 comments:

Vickie said...

Sweet stitching and decorating Maggee. What an awesome quilt gift! I really, really like your watering can. =)

stitcheranon said...

Lovely stitching: I really really love the beach stuff; I was born on the coast and miss it sooo much!

Barb said...

A great finish. I loved doing John Foster! The border takes time so you are off to a good start! Have fun with all your beach decorating. My summer stuff is coming down, the trees are showing just a bit of color and the garden shops are full of mums.

Linda said...

Love all your beach items Maggee. Congrats on finishing Sept. and starting your other piece.

Linda

http://www.bengalcatlover10.blogspot.com/

cucki said...

Aww very sweet stitching..
Big hugs x

Shirlee said...

I enjoyed seeing some of your beach decor Maggee : ) That quilt is lovely, & so thoughtful! Congratulations on your new start & also for completing LHN's September. And yes, that's the most gorgeous watering can I've ever seen : )

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely post & great stitching Maggee!!

Mouse said...

yeahhhhh you have been stitching :) love the LHN one and wow that is one nice shell ... was born at the seaside and love to walk the beach paddling in the water... lovely gift you got and what a fab watering can :) love mouse xxxxxx

Pumpkin said...

Great finish Maggee!

I love your ocean theme decor. It's one of my favorites too :)

What an incredible quilt! You must have been so surprised!!!! That was such a kind thing your friend did for you but you deserve it :)

Catherine said...

Great goodies!!

Melanie said...

Ooooo, great little goodies. That is a fabulous piece of driftwood. Just perfect for displaying things. Great watering can too!

Michele said...

Love all your beachy things!!! and what a wonderful quilt your friend made, so very special.

Simply Victoria said...

Great beach d├ęcor! Your LHN piece is well done. Special quilt.

Anne said...

Great start on your sampler Maggee!! You're brave to do the border first. I always find I make a booboo and that mistake follows me till the end. LHN's september is so cute and charming. Love your seashore theme and wowza on finding that shell! The quilt is beautiful and $10??? That was more than luck to find that!!Hugs!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

you ARE ready for the beach, aren't you? Everything looks so pretty. I usually can't stitch the entire border - have to dabble in a little of the other colors or motifs along the way. See you soon!

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Thank you so much for stopping over at my blog, I too love beach decor. I've never had the patience to stitch but I love admiring it! Very pretty!