Sunday, June 2, 2013

How can it be June already??

My last post was supposed to be a catch-up post, yet here it is, a month later, and I have to play catch up AGAIN! I spent my 'free' time today doing finishing. Some disappointments, some lessons learned... but all but one project are stitched together and now I need to stuff, trim, etc... I will do all that this week and post after they are completed.

I do have a couple of finishes I neglected to show...



First is 'Fruit of the Spirit' by My Big Toe Designs. I changed the colors to my style--purple! It came out pretty nice, don't you think?

Next is the letter "M" by Jardin Prive! Yay! And as you can see, it also gave it a personal touch... can you tell??



So, one last thing... If I want to RAK my faithful followers, I need to know what you like and don't like, in designers, colors, and so on. If there is a chart I have done that you really like, please let me know. Generally speaking, I don't do them twice--especially not ones that are framed! I have done two pieces twice, for gifts, but in 7 years or so, that's not a lot! So, don't be bashful... Let me know if there is something you want that I have... I am in a de-stashing mood--jump on in!

Blessings & Hugs,

Maggee

24 comments:

Vicki said...

I'm with you - I don't stitch the same pattern twice unless it's something some one asks for. I have too many patterns that I haven't stitched yet to waste, er I mean spend my time on something I've already stitched! haha Both your finishes look terrific, good job!

Catherine said...

Great finishes!!

Penny said...

Beautiful finishes! I love the colors in both!

Barb said...

Those are such pretty finishes!!I agree with you, I rarely do a chart twice.

Ellen said...

Gorgeous finishes! I especially love that M.

Hugs,

cucki said...

Beautiful x

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely finishes!!

Shirlee said...

Wonderful finishes Maggee! I do especially love that Big Toe one & will gladly do a trade if I have something you'd like : )

Peggy Lee said...

Beautiful stitches!
I like MBT designs.

Vickie said...

Love the purple in both Maggee! They are both pretty.
Yet another display of your wonderful kindness. You truly are such a great person Maggee.♥

stitcheranon said...

I can't believe it is June either. It is summer here and we have only had one day of sunshine ;-((((

I love your finishes; the colours are perfect xx very pretty and finishes to be proud of!

♥ Nia said...

Congrats on both your finishes!!
I love your JP, lovely lovely!! :D

Edgar said...

Those are two beautiful finishes!!! Congrats!!!

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Maggee.

Linda

Sonia said...

Bellissimi sampler!!!!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Time just slips away, doesn't it? But you passed your doing something really pretty!

Jackie said...

Great finishes - I love your personal touches!

I generally don't knit, stitch, or quilt the same project twice either. There is so much out there that I want to do that it doesn't make sense to do one twice.

Vicky L said...

Your finishes are beautiful!

Beth said...

Lovely work Maggee - I'm buying up some Jardin Prive charts while here in Paris!

Melanie said...

Great new finishes!! :)
I don't usually do patterns twice either other than the occasional ornament - who has time for that, right? There is always so much new stuff to get to instead.

Carol said...

I agree, Maggee--this year is just flying by way too quickly!! Your stitching is gorgeous--love the "M" finish--truly beautiful!

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the lovely finishes!

Stitchinowl said...

Pretty finishes! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Fruit of the Spirit finish and your color changes. I have this pattern on my wish list, and also thought of changing the colors. Thanks for the color inspiration!
Happy Stitching Thursday!
Carolyn

Anne said...

That "M" by Jardin Prive is fabulous!! You added a purple M!! The Fruit of the Spirit is lovely as well. Good choice on the purples!! Can't wait to see what you have whipped up for finishes!!

Hugs