Sunday, March 17, 2013

A little bit to show... and Formula 1 started today!

I am not too motivated somedays, so not much getting stitched. NOt going to show any WIPs but have a few small finishes to show. Pardon the wrinkles...



First is my Valentine pear, which I DID have done before Valentines... just life got in the way of finishing it... Now I have a year--ha! I will do them probably all together... by them I mean...



...the next one I finished, which is the St. Patrick's Day pear! In case anyone DOESN'T know, they were designed by Marly, a fellow blogger with a lot of talent. There are several FREE pear patterns on her blog, on the Pears tab.



Then I finished this cute Shamrocks design, also by a fellow blogger, Lynn B, another talented gal! This is a really teensy piece, because I decided to do it over one on 25 count. I would like to bead the edges like the designer did, but... I hope the beads are tiny enough! The backing fabby is underneath. Of course, I will have a Plan B...

Just finished up with A very full day...Cooking for St. Patrick's Day -- my usual dinner of corned beef, cabbage and boiled red potatoes. Plus I made a small Irish Soda Bread. Mid-day, watched the First Formula 1 race, and Lotus' Kimi Raikkonen won! I like that team, so that made me very happy! It was pretty amazing, especially when a relative newcomer, Sutil, did an amazing job of staying at the top for most of the race. I have only started watching these races last year, with my son. I am not all that knowledgeable, and last year I stitched a lot thru some of them... NOT today! We were quite engaged!

Now it is back to laundry and maybe a bit of Easter stitching...

Hugs,

Maggee

21 comments:

Catherine said...

Cute stitches!!

Karen said...

Cute Maggee.... I need to get the St. Pats pear stitched too. Guess I have a year to get it done.

happy stitching....

Giovanna said...

Nice finishes - lovely stitching!

Beth said...

Sounds like a great way to spend St. Patrick's Day.

Mouse said...

love that pear ... its on my to stitch list ... may make in time for next year ...lol love mouse xxxxxx

Shirlee said...

I agree with everyone else ... great finishes & stitching! Have a wonderful week!

Vickie said...

Very nice Maggee. They will look great all done up. I hope you have a great day today.

♥ Nia said...

lovely stitching :)

Barb said...

I do love all those little finishes!! The pear design is so soft and pretty.

cucki said...

Sweet stitching x

dixiesamplar said...

Lovely finishes, Maggee!

Anne said...

Ooh you stitched Marly's designs! They look fantastic!! Love the little shamrock design by Lynn too! I see you got some lovely shamrock fabric. The dinner sounds amazing. Irish soda bread is delish, especially my Nana's :D

Melanie said...

Very cute finishes! :)

Angela P said...

All great finishes, congrats!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those are lovely little finishes!!!!

Carol said...

All of your little finishes are so cute, Maggee--I really need to stitch Marly's pears some day, too!

Tiffany said...

beautiful projects

McKenna C. said...

Maggee,

I received my RAK from you! Thank you so much! You were VERY generous! I can't wait to stitch them!

Sorry I was so late in thanking you....I've been busy and sick. :P

Thanks again!
~McKenna

Stitchinowl said...

Cute finishes! I must have missed Marly's St. Patrick's Day pear - very nice! I am not a big fan of corned beef and cabbage, but I sure do love Irish soda bread. I wish the grocery stores had it all year round - it's a seasonal item where I live.
Carolyn

Maggie said...

Lovely pears ;-)
I have have these saved to do someday, the finishing into pear shapes scares me though, I'm not too good at the finishing bit of cross stitch, lol

Chris said...

Gradually working my way through blogs I follow and up you popped!
I like that little Valentine's design and the best thing to do I agree when life takes over is to just do small projects till things go back to how they were.
Blessings
Chris x