Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

While I was sick last week and weekend, I managed to get some stitching done. So without further ado, here are my latest finishes...



This was an old Kit I purchased. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out... all hand stitched. I believe it was a kit originated by Lois at Elegant Stitch, but... I have to check now.



So, here is my sad little Valentine's display. I don't especially celebrate this 'holiday' so not always inspired to stitch pieces related to it. But sometimes, there is just one that grabs me... I am currently stitching Marly's Valentine Pear, and should finish tonight... Just in time to at least add it to the display!



And of course, there is my L-O-V-E wall display...



I finished the first Ladies Prim Society piece by Threadwork Primitives, called Wynter Peacocks. I see I need to do a little correction, but this was an easy stitch. I am working myself up to finishing it this weekend.



Am working on putting together a little box with this Lizzie Kate piece for my oldest daughter's birthday in early March. Cute!

So, again, rushing off to work... My evenings have been busy playing catch up on paperwork, so by the time I am finished, after working all day, coming home, cooking, then paperwork, I am too tired to post. Hopefully I will get a better schedule going.

Hugs,

Maggee

24 comments:

Ma Teakettle said...

I LOVE your Valentine's display, gorgeous finishes! Your wall display is beautiful too...I love all the colors in both :)
Wynter Peacocks is beautiful, can't wait to see how you finish it, and your daughter is going to love her LK, what a sweet sentiment.
Have a great day and don't work to hard...and stay healthy missy!
Hugs
Ma

cucki said...

sweet hearts..happy valentine day xx

Vicki said...

They all look terrific!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Cute valentine and I love the peacocks. Your daughters piece will be nice too. I am blotting on the weekends only for your same reasons, but it's worth it. CJ in OK

Vickie said...

What a great collection. Nice stitching you got going on. That will be very sweet for your daughter.

Camila Lino Lanigan said...

The small love cushion is just too cute. I dont celebrate Valentines either but I might have put me in the mood for it :)

Beth said...

Pretty stitches Magge - I also really like your LOVE hanging - that's so darned clever!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Glad you're feeling better - finishing some real pretties! Nice project for your Daughter.

valerie said...

Great finishes! Love all your Valentine's decorations. I haven't managed any recently so my decorations are scarce. Happy Valentine's Day!

Peggy Lee said...

Lots of eye candy here today! I especially like the wall display.
I like the colors in the peacocks piece.

Happy Valentine's Day ♥

Barb said...

A wonderful little Valentines display! Love your stitching.

Kay said...

Gorgeous valentines, so pretty.

Jane said...

Not a sad display at all Maggee, all your little pillows are very pretty and look lovely on your pink heart shaped dish. Love the wall display, I have stitched that LK design but did the letters altogether in one block, they look really good individually stitched and displayed as you have.
Happy Valentines to you xxx

♥ Nia said...

Happy V-Day sweetie!! =) love to you!!!

msmartello said...

Great finish Maggee! That valentine pillow is adoreable. My valentine display looks like yours. I tend to want to stitch snowmen this time of year instead of valentines. I too am stitching the valentine pear. I still have alot to do on it however. I hope to stitch all of them. So cute!
Happy Valentine Day!

Maureen

Kaisievic said...

These are all lovely pieces - so pretty.

Shirlee said...

Lovely stitchings Maggee : )

Anne said...

Oh dear! That sickness has really traveled the world! I hope you feel a bit better now. Cute love finish! I love the tweedy fabric you used for it! Sad? I don't think your Valentine's bowl is sad at all! Mine is sad!! I have only one Valentine pillow stitched! I love the freebie patterns I see floating around but I never end up stitching them in time for VAlentine's! Lol!! Marly's pears are just darling and I might just have to stitch one up :D Lovely Threadwork Primitives piece. Peacocks are so beautiful. I think the box for your daughter will be so special and she will treasure it!

Hugs

Parsley said...

Hope you are feeling better. Love all your cute finishes! I could do Valentines all year long!

butterfly said...

Lovely Valentine stitching, how I love the daughter one a very special stitch for your daughter I must buy this one, hugs.

Carol said...

There is something so joyful about Valentine's stitching, isn't there, Maggee? Your little pillows are so adorable and I love your L-O-V-E wall hanging :)

Hope you have a relaxing weekend...

Stitchinowl said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. Your Valentine's display is not sad at all, it's pretty and inspiring. Love your Ladies Prim Society finish - the colors are great!
Carolyn

Caitlin Jordan said...

gorgeous stitching :)

Solstitches said...

What a pretty collection of Valentine's stitching.
I especially like the one done in wool.
Love the Prim Ladies piece.
Margaret