Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year!

Well, the festivities are over, and it is time to look back at what has been done, and forward to what can be done! Stitching-wise, I think I got a lot done in 2012. I finished off two more pieces before the New Year:


First is Joy, a part of a Lizzie Kate Christmas chart with multiple pieces on it, whose name escapes me right now! It will be an ornament of some type... Have to chew on it a bit...



HAD to end the year with a BIRD! From Birds of a Feather, may I present Happy as a Lark! LOVED this one! It was a quick stitch, on a scrap of linen, using a combination of the DMC and overdyeds called for... whatever I had in my stash!

So this weekend, I will be taking down the Christmas tree and all the other Christmas decorations, but then I decorate for Winter! Wait till you see my new 'finds'!! But have to dash out right now, so that will be a later posting!

For 2013 I have planned to stitch my four big Christmas pieces and lots of bird charts! Haven't changed that plan, but of course, there is room for more! Already I have one to add to the mix, but it is monochromatic and looks like it will be quick and easy! It is only the first week of January... Hah!

New Year's Day I stitched with some friends... that was a LOT of fun! We had heavy hors 'deuvres and we actually got some stitching done! Great way to start the year!

Off to get my day started now...

Till later, when I post about my winter 'finds'...

Hugs!

Maggee

10 comments:

Cole said...

Lovely stitching!

Linda said...

Congrats on the finishes Maggee. They are both really cute.

Linda

Vickie said...

Sweet stitches and great plans. =)

Beth said...

Congrats on Happy as a Lark - well done!

♥ Nia said...

Happy as a lark!! So cute =)
Congrats on your finishes :D
hugs&smiles

Barb said...

Great stitching! Can't wait to see your finds!

marly said...

Anxious to see those finds!

Denise said...

Very cute ornaments!! Love them both.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Caitlin Jordan said...

gorgeous stitching :D

Stitchinowl said...

Just found your blog and am enjoying reading through it. Your Happy as a Lark is so cute! Love the idea of stitching many bird patterns in the New Year.
Carolyn