Saturday, January 19, 2013

Finishes, WIPs and Orts, oh My!

Well, it is a beautiful sunny day! You wouldn't think it is as cold as it says it is outside--35! Not my fave! So, I will post here, THEN get ready to do my running around... maybe it will warm to 40!!

First are my Finishes! Notice the plural... yes, I have a surprise one that I have never mentioned!



Yes, it is Bird of a Feather's 'Kindness Begets' I am so happy I finished it! Now I am contemplating frames... It will be a Christmas present for my daughter and family. I know they will love it!

This little cutie is the Bits of Blue Sampler from Plum Pudding Needleart that I have lusted for the past two or so years...Finally got it and voila! Started and Finished this week! This is MINE, and I believe I know how I am finishing it... but not today!



This is the start of Red Finch's Winter Song, by Tempting Tangles. The blue fabric is a bit darker, but all this sunlight... Because it is a darkish fabric it is taking me a bit longer to show progress. I started it this month...



This is the ABC's of Parenting by Lizzie Kate, my Thursday nites project. This will also be a Christmas present, for my other daughter. But sometimes I worry she will think I am telling her what to do, and she does NOT like that... sigh... Well, I have plenty of time to decide. And plenty of friends with kids! I had to rip out 'child' --it was too low.



And finally, this is the container I am using for orts. These are just orts from 2013. I first saw one last summer, and my friend at work called it a 'redneck wine glass'. We were thinking of making some as a fundraiser for a friend with cancer. My hubby got this one for Christmas, and was at a loss as to how to utlilize it--I snatched that baby right up! This container just makes me laugh! I have last year's orts all ready to be put outside for the birds, when spring approaches. Yay!

I am going to do some cleaning and organizing this weekend, and HOPEFULLY get stuff ready for RAK's! I know this is kind of weird, but if I ask you for your address, it just might benefit you this year! You never know! January sure makes people want to organize... And I have a Birthday coming next month, so I must think of some great way to celebrate on my blog...wink, wink!

Off to get my day started! Have a good IHSW! I know I will get some good stitching in!

Hugs,

Maggee

18 comments:

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the *lovely!* finishes. And nice going on the WIPs - love that ABC series by Lizzie Kate.

Catherine said...

Lovely finishes and projects!!

Faye said...

Great work Maggee!!!!! Eye candy!!!!!!

Beth said...

Congrats on the finishes Maggee - really like the BOAF stitch - super colors. Looks like you have several interesting things started too. Enjoy your weekend.

CalamityJr said...

What great starts and finishes. I especially love kindness begets kindness.

Vickie said...

hahaha! Redneck wine glass!
Such pretty,pretty pieces Maggee.

cucki said...

Wow such sweet finishes and cute new start..
Hugs x

Mindi said...

Congratulations on your finishes! Kindness Begets has always been a favorite of mine. I'm sure your daughter will love it. Love the redneck wineglass :)

Barb said...

Both finishes are just beautiful!!

Patty C. said...

Everything looks great!

Linda said...

Congrats on the finishes Maggee. They both turned out great. You're making great progress on your other pieces.

Linda

Sharon said...

Your finishes are beautiful!

Carol said...

Such beautiful finishes, Maggee--I'd say 2013 is going to be a great stitching year for you :)

Ellen said...

Beautiful finishes! I love Boaf's designs.

Hugs,

Anne said...

Lovely finishes Maggee! I really love the BOAF one! One of my favs!!

Meari said...

What nice finishes!

Tatkis said...

Both finishes are adorable!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Ma Teakettle said...

Gorgeous finishes Magee! High five girlfriend :)