Sunday, January 13, 2013

A little secret...

I have a little secret that I am now going to share with you... I have joined the Ladies Prim Society, hosted by my LNS, Dyeing to Stitch! I don't usually join clubs these days, but the designers for this are THE BEST! Threadwork Primitives AND Blackbird Designs! We can't go wrong! Five times a year we will get a kit that will include a primitive pattern, and ALL the supplies to finish it, down to the little button (I think they said it will cost between $30-$40 each kit)! When I started stitching this time around, primitives did not appeal to me that much. But... you know how it goes... You see enough of them, they grow on you! so, now I am one of the Ladies Prim Society! Ta-da! If you want to join me, check out the Dyeing to Stitch website for the registration form. They are filling up fast! Here are pictures I took of the first piece Nan sent to the shop, called Wynter Peacocks, a Sewing Pouch...







I have been trying like mad to complete a WIP, and I am pretty sure I will get it this week! I am close...It is just filling in the background, which I can do while listening to t.v. ... It is Kindness Begets by Birds of a Feather--sideways, thanks to Blogger! Dang! It is not the best picture either... it was a cloudy day at the time I took that picture today. Then the sun came out, but clouds soon followed, so not a bright day. Sigh.



Ooh, I almost forgot--tonite is Downton Abbey! Yippee! Gotta get dinner, and laundry done so I can settle in!

Hugs,

Maggee

15 comments:

Beth said...

I will enjoy watching your stitching with the group Maggee!

Robin said...

hmmm, I like the looks of your Ladies Prim Society. Looks like it will be nice projects. Maybe next year. It's only January and already too many projects on the list and guild announced a SAL yesterday! Can't say no. I will right with you watching Downton Abbey tonight and stitching away. Even though I saw last week, I will ~endure~ watching the episode again. Been looking forward to it all weekend.

marly said...

Isn't that bag fabulous? I just ordered her new reproduction sampler. Your local shop is Dyeing to Stitch??? Lucky girl. I've never seen Downtown Abbey.

Catherine said...

I joined!! I could not resist!! Almost Downton time!

Teresa S. said...

I joined the club too, Maggee.
With all the same fears and expectations, I'm sure!

Looking forward to this first project AND seeing what BBD comes up with too :)

Faye said...

I cannot wait to get my kit..... Soon, I hope! Nan's work is always so pretty..... Just beautiful!!!!!!

Barb said...

Sounds like a fun group of stitching! The WIP is so pretty.

cucki said...

so pretty x

stitcheranon said...

ooo off to have a peek !

Vickie said...

Oh Maggee, they are both great. What lovely work. Kindness Begets sure is a great one.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

I've been on and off about joining the club! The pieces have been so pretty, but ... one can't do everything!

Carol said...

Oh, you're going to have such fun stitching the Prim Society pieces, Maggee! And your BOAF piece is so pretty--I've always loved that sentiment :)

Giovanna said...

Nice going on the BoaF - it's a very pretty project. And I'm sure you'll have lots of fun on the LPS.

Penny said...

Sounds like a fun club and I love the first design! Pretty finish too! :)

Stitchinowl said...

Enjoy the Ladies Prim Society club. The first piece is gorgeous.
Carolyn