Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pictures of the Twelve Days Ornament exchange RECEIVED

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! We had a great one here! Lots of food, family, laughter, smiles, opening presents (twice!) and crashing at night!

But, as is typical, Christmas has come and gone and I had absolutely NO time to post to my blog about the happenings! Today, my daughter and family are visiting my other daughter and her family, so my house is quiet and I am sneaking in a bit of blogging and such! It is raining lots today, so what better thing to do! ... For the first time ever, I took the day after Christmas off, in case I wanted to go shopping or something but so far... that urge has been rained away...Hah!

I thought I might show the rest of the 12 ornaments I received from Gaynor (stitcheranon) first and then the ones I sent to her! Going to do this in two posts. So, here is what I received from Day Four through Christmas:



Day Four--look at these cute hearts! and the layered tree with some PURPLE fabby and beads--a new technique I will hopefully be attempting in the future!



Day Five--a lovely way to show off some gorgeous PURPLE buttons! Isn't that border stitching lovely?



More purple buttons, spelling out JOY!



Day Six (front and back. The backing fabby has sparkly gold and green in it, though it is such a dreary day for picture taking, I cannot get it to show!)

Day Seven--stitching on layers of felt, another technique I have not yet done! New year, new techniques!



Day Eight--three little sewn bags (ort bags!) with Cadbury candies inside them. In the UK and Ireland, they hang chocolate on their trees. Great tradition!





Day Nine (front and back)--what an adorable stocking! Gaynor was VERY BOLD and put those CC threads inside of it! Quite a nice Spring collection...



Day Ten--my very first tuck pillow! Now I can copy this technique...heheheheh...





Day Eleven--a Little House chart... cute, cute, cute... Makes me hum the song every time I see it!





Day Twelve--a red work one! Another first! Cute little Angel!

So that is what I received for our Twelve Days of Christmas Exchange.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Great goodies!

Vickie said...

Isn't that so much fun to receive something you have never owned before, a first of something?!?

Charlene ♥ SC said...

This was a great idea - wonderful treats and goodies, both sent and received! Wishing you a healthy and happy new year!