Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pictures of the Twelve Days Ornament Exchange SENT

Now to show what I stitched for Gaynor (stitcheranon). They are not in order received...



So, I made her a 15-sided Banurucotti first! It was opened on Day 8. I put it in a special container (see below) and made it the 8th one, just because my birthday is February 8th, so I like that number. Interestingly enough, my 8th ornament from Gaynor was also in a special container (versus wrapped). Great minds think alike! Even across the miles!



I used a Christmas variegated thread by Threadworx, called Holiday, and gold Mill Hill beads. It turned out very nice...



The pattern is again from Kathrn, at her Blog. She is just finishing well written instructions for a Pulled Thread Banurucotti, in case you are interested!





I put wire on the top, in case Gaynor wants to hang it on the tree, but it is the first time, so I sure hope it holds up! It was a last-minute alteration! And it is on top of the cute little Snowman lunch box container, in PURPLE!



And here is Jolly, by Crescent Colors, from last year's JCS Ornament magazine. Used a scrap of leftover fabby and just the right backing fabric I thought...



I have been waiting for an opportunity to use that trim--what do you think? Isn't it cute?



Christmas Greetings, from my friend Carol, who designs great patterns that I just love and love to stitch!



A simple backing fabric to finish it off!



Christmas Eve, by The Sampler Girl , another great one I have done before! This time I did more traditional colors.



The backing fabric is the reverse of the snowflake on the front (red on while, white on red)...



Under the Tree by The Stitcherhood , who also designs great works!


A shiny plaid backing fabric here... not too fancy... but shiny!!



This is the last ornie Gaynor opened, yesterday. Since Christmas is all about the birth of Christ, it was only fitting to include this one. Actually, I got this chart from Shirlee (easilyinfluencedstitcher). She was not enjoying stitching it! It is a Lizzie Kate pattern.



And it just had to have Noel on the back!



A freebie chart from La Mattasina Rossa, an Italian blogger I happened across. I used a Victorian overdyed thread by Needle Necessities (now Threadworx).



And I found the perfect backing fabrics in my stash to go with that overdyed thread, too!



Well, dang this doesn't look right, but it is a Lizzie Kate chart, of course. The reds seem to look like they ran, but they did not!



Simple backing fabric again...



Had to send Gaynor a representation of where I live... found this in a little shop inside a big antique mall. Perfecto!



Part of a Little House Needleworks ornament chart. Got bored while stitching so I adapted it to my liking, and presto!



Found this really cute Angel fabric, and cut it out so that one whole angel was on the back of this ornie... couldn't have worked out any better!



Another Lizzie Kate chart...gee, do ya think I really like her stuff? Made a frame around it, then stuffed it with batting as opposed to fiberfill. It looks like the red colors ran again... Gotta take time to work with my camera...



Love this backing fabric! So vibrant! The hanger is a piece of fluffy chenille yarn. I love touching it!

Well that's it for the Twelve Days Exchange! Hope you have enjoyed it! I know I DID!

Next will be a post about everything ELSE Christmas that has happened.. but I gotta go eat, do bills, THEN I will post! Might be tomorrow... we shall see!

Hugs,

Maggee

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Love everything!!

Michele said...

lovely ornaments!

Beth said...

Being on a reindeer kick at the moment, I'm especially charmed with the Sapler Girl's ornament. And all the L*K ornies are very cute too - what a lot of work Maggee!

Vickie said...

Wow! You really put a LOT into that!! Love the small touches, like the whole angel on the back. ;)

Linda said...

What a great ornament exchange. They all turned out great.

Linda

Anne said...

Wow Maggee!! What amazing ornaments you stitched and finished!! Love them all! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Carol said...

Oh, you've sure been busy, Maggee--beautiful job on all!!

I wish you and your family a joyous New Year!

stitcheranon said...

oo Lovely photos, much better than mine. I loved each and every one of them: it was a really fun exchange and the biscornu is something else isnt it: so much work, and so fragile looking. Thank you so much for doing this with me Maggee