Sunday, December 30, 2012

End of the Year finishes and thoughts...

I have some finishes to show, plus two upstairs I will post tomorrow... too late to take a good picture. So, without further ado, here are some random pictures of 'stuff':



A finished Lizzie Kate ornament, from last year, called Wishing Ewe Joy. I just stuffed it with walnut shells... by the time I did this one, I was stressing over finishing... so it was time to put it away!



A simple finish of another ornie I stitched last year!



My LNS had their annual Ornament exchange on the 13th, and this is the ornie I received. It is a Little House Needleworks one, stitched by my friend Shannon. Love it!



And this is the ornament I stitched, and Pamela received. It is a part of the Christmas piece I am doing by Jardin Prive. She sends along parts of the piece broken into ornament-sized projects. This is the first time I did the blanket-stitch (?) as a finish, and I kind of liked it!



Here is the back. I had this huge button, and it seemed the perfect place! A surprise!



I had hunted high and low for this Tiny Tidings Chart, and my shop finally got it for me early in the year! All because I loved this little sheep!



And the back... By the way, I learned something while doing this... Store bought ric rac is polyester, and hard to stitch through. The overdyed kinds and the kind I have been using are cotton--MUCH better to stitch through! JMHO!



At the Ornament exchange, one of the gals had done this excellent finish with her ric rac... so, I promptly committed it to memory, and when I was finishing this Lizzie Kate one (stitched last year!)with ric rac, I stitched beads on it too! I really love this finish!!



And here is the back, where I managed to line up the backing fabric so three pictures spanned the back... with the cute ric rack and beads, it just pops!



And here is another finishing of an ornament from last year. It's a blend of gathering and rusching... But whatever I call it, I just love this one too! And it is filled with fiberfill, but very lightly... so it is a dainty, adorable pillow finish! I love the 'new' Christmas colors from CCN!



These new colors gave me an opportunity to use this great backing fabric!



And this is an ornament I received from a stitching buddy, Darlene. It's also from Little House Needleworks. They seem very popular this year!

Now on to random thoughts... I was chosen TWO separate times to be a PIF (Pay It Forward) recipient and player. I was to give something pre-determined by the original person to a set number of stitchers, over a period of time. Usually a year. Which I did. Twice! In return, I would receive something from the originator, within the year. Well, I never received back. It kind of disappoints me. From now on, I will do RAK's whenever I please, with no strings attached. It IS more blessed to Give than to Receive. But, I am quite the pragmatist, and a stickler for doing the right thing! 'Nuf said...

Well, it is late and I need to do some stitching. Haven't picked up the needle all day! But I DID read a LOT of blogs!! Almost as good as being there!!

Until tomorrow...

Hugs,

Maggee

10 comments:

Barb said...

I love all those cute ornaments!

Beth said...

You are ready to decorate a tree with ornaments come next year!

Catherine said...

What a great collection of ornaments!

Katie said...

Gorgeous finishes!!!

stitcheranon said...

Beautiful ornaments: all very cute. It is disappointing when people say they will do something and then don't..a real shame. Welcome to 2013, the year of the RAK. Happy new year xxx

Nancy said...

I enjoyed looking at your ornaments. Happy New Year Maggee!

Shirlee said...

So many pretty ornies Maggie! I especially like that one with the deer ... & aren't blanket stitch edgings fun?!?!? Can you give me a bit more info on where to find that deer design? I really love that one! Have a very Happy New Year!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Very pretty finishes!
Be well, stay safe, and Happy New Year!

Carol said...

Wow--you've been very busy with all those pretty ornaments, Maggee. I really love the blanket stitched edging--will have to try that myself :)

Wishing you a most happy new year!!

Caitlin Jordan said...

So many gorgeous ornament finishes. I especially love the blue and pink Merry Christmas