Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas WIPs

I have been sick again, with bronchitis, again. Started Thanksgiving, and after going to the doctor the next Thursday (two days ago), I am on medicine and on my way to recovering. Because of this, I have spent a lot of time laid up. And you know what that means? Stitching time! I have been stitching on three (will be four soon!) Christmas charts that are NOT ornaments, but to be framed. I am really enjoying them! Come see my progress:
Lo How A Rose E'Er Blooming by Brightneedle designs. On 36 count fabric (name escapes me right now), using a mix of overdyeds and DMC, one strand over two, for a softer look.

Christmas by Jardin Prive, using 36 count R&R Winter Brew, using colors as charted. Two threads over two, to make it pop! Love this designer!

And then Jenny Bean's Christmas by Shakespeare's Peddler, using 32 count fabric, and a mix of overdyed and DMC threads. Two over two.

I do not expect these Christmas projects to be finished THIS year! They are for 2013! After tonight, I think I will move on to other smaller projects for a time. I won't have much time to stitch this month, as I need to get rolling on Christmas! Because I have been sick, I am behind on decorating, shopping, cooking, etc... But I love it all, so I do not mind!

Hugs!

Maggee Hugs, Maggee

15 comments:

Barb said...

All of your Christmas starts look wonderful. They will be great for next year. That's a smart way to do it.

Beth said...

Maggee - I've long admired the Brightneedle design. It will be a wonderful addition to your holiday decorating efforts.

Shannon said...

I love your Christmas pieces. Can't wait to see them when they are finished. Hope you feel better soon. I am recovering from bronchitis too!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

i am a big fan of seasonal stitching - love the designs you chose.

cucki said...

It is truly a very sweet stitching
I love them xx

stitcheranon said...

Beautiful starts, love the colours. I hope you get better soon xx

Shirlee said...

Praying that you feel better soon! Your Christmas projects are lovely : )

Vickie said...

I too have prayed for you Maggee. Your projects are wonderful.

pam said...

Now that is a silver lining in the sickness cloud.

Krista said...

Your stitchings are so pretty! Feel better soon!!

Karen said...

Hope you are feeling better... you have some great projects on the hoop!

happy stitching...

rosek1870 said...

Enjoy your stitching time my friend and don't overdue!
Hugs
Rose
ChristmasCityStitcher.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

Hope you are feeling better!
Lovely stitching!

Carol said...

Love all of your pretty Christmas WIPs, Maggee... At least being ill has allowed you to stitch more, but I sure hope you feel better very soon :)

Caitlin Jordan said...

Lovely stitching.